Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show us what you've made!

hotrod_elf

A-List Customer
redpladshirtandcap.jpg

*yawn*
As you can tell, its time for bed.

You make me smile:D :D :D :D
I should get off my cold bum and make something..........

Only you could make a sleep cap look SSEEXXYYYYY;) ;)

deadpandiva

Call Me a Cab
Picture836.jpg

These are size 16 at the wiast and 18 on bottom. The next pair will be 14/16 and I'll make a few other adjustments if I can figure them out. These are also shorter than I wanted them to be. It's not great but it's the first thing I have ever made all by myself.

Antje

One Too Many
deadpandiva said:
Picture836.jpg

These are size 16 at the wiast and 18 on bottom. The next pair will be 14/16 and I'll make a few other adjustments if I can figure them out. These are also shorter than I wanted them to be. It's not great but it's the first thing I have ever made all by myself.

Looks cool
love the high waist

antje

lyburnum

Practically Family
deadpandiva: I think they look great - especially considering they're the first thing you've made by yourself. Normally when I'm making trousers, I tack on a few extra inches just in case they come up shorter than I was expecting - that was I can always remove excess length later :)

cowboy76

Suspended
deadpandiva said:
Picture836.jpg

They look 1930s-40s...am I right??
If so,do you have a pattern for those? If so, mind sharing with me so I can pass it onto my wife?? PM me if you'd be so kind...thanks!

deadpandiva

Call Me a Cab
cowboy76 said:
They look 1930s-40s...am I right??
If so,do you have a pattern for those? If so, mind sharing with me so I can pass it onto my wife?? PM me if you'd be so kind...thanks!

The pattern is actually a modern vouge pattern. I sent you a PM. The pattern number is V8367 for all who are interested.

$ally

One Too Many
Good work, kids! Doesn't it feel good to make your own?

Well, my only projects so far this week are hems, alterations, putting belt loops on slacks, etc. So I may actually have time to make something for myself! I do need a new dress this weekend, so maybe I'll go all out with a matching bolero, purse, and belt. I'm deciding between an actual vintage 1948 pattern and a repro 1960.
This is the embroidered vintage fabric I'm using:
2005022976_86c81a14e3.jpg

It's meant for drapery, but you know me, I'll make it clothing and wear it.
"I saw it in the window and I just couldn't resist it"
;)

Ada Veen

Practically Family
deadpandiva said:
Picture836.jpg

deadpandiva, they are great and you have an AMAZING figure

imoldfashioned

Call Me a Cab
I wish I could post a picture of my dress for the Queen Mary but I want to keep it a secret until the event.

I had a heartstopping moment when I thought I cut one of the pieces the wrong way (shiny side up not down) but thank God I did it correctly because I had barely enough fabric as it was.

I was worried the dress would just look like a garden variety v neck bridesmaid's dress (it's a very simple 1930's pattern) but I think it looks very period--overall I'm pleased.

anabolina

A-List Customer
$ally said:
Good work, kids! Doesn't it feel good to make your own?

Well, my only projects so far this week are hems, alterations, putting belt loops on slacks, etc. So I may actually have time to make something for myself! I do need a new dress this weekend, so maybe I'll go all out with a matching bolero, purse, and belt. I'm deciding between an actual vintage 1948 pattern and a repro 1960.
This is the embroidered vintage fabric I'm using:
2005022976_86c81a14e3.jpg

It's meant for drapery, but you know me, I'll make it clothing and wear it.
"I saw it in the window and I just couldn't resist it"
;)

I lover that fabric. Good luck on whichever pattern you select.

pigeon toe

One Too Many
deadpandiva said:
Picture836.jpg

Those are very cool! I love how dramatic they are with the high waist. I'm amazed they are the first thing you made yourself, I couldn't even finish making an A-line skirt once my grandma wasn't around to help me!

KittyT

I'll Lock Up
I've really been wanting to make this high-waisted pencil skirt. It's Burda #8155.

I'm also in love with this dress, which is available for download on Burda's website for around 3 Euros. There's a matching glove pattern too! I fear this is a bit too complicated for me though, as it has a side zipper and I've not done any zippers yet.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lindawalters