Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show us what you've made!

desi_de_lu_lu

Practically Family
lyburnum said:
I just posted this in the 'What are you wearing' thread but I'll post it here as well.

I made this lovely dress from baby blue, 100% wool fabric, to keep me warm in the winter. When it gets colder I'll wear it with a turtle neck underneath. I LOVE this dress, and I want to make lots and lots of them!

img7792qd0.jpg

It's made from Simplicity 3673. Altogether I think it took me... 3hours... max, to put together. Dead easy.

3673oe8.jpg

That looks great!

I am going to make this dress for Thanksgiving this weekend, good to know it is easy. I have some black velvet, so I have to get it right! (Velvet is so expensive...) :(

lyburnum

Practically Family
I just posted this in the What are you wearing thread, but I made this skirt recently:

img7826jc1.jpg

Again, a dead easy piece to make. Took me a couple hours max. I have the matching bolero cut out and ready to make as well - I'll probably put that together tomorrow. I'm looking forward to doing the whole ensemble.

sim3748bj4.jpg

ValerieAmelia

Familiar Face
desi_de_lu_lu said:
That looks great!

I am going to make this dress for Thanksgiving this weekend, good to know it is easy. I have some black velvet, so I have to get it right! (Velvet is so expensive...) :(

So weird guys, I just bought this and I'm making it thanksgiving weekend. I'll be up north Michigan at my cottage, and when it's cold there's really not a lot to do so I always bring activities :) I got a purple herringbone fabric that should work well with it.

Is this dress too fancy for a winter wedding?

untitled-2.jpg

I'm going to make the under layer a deep purple and the top tulle part a pretty lavender, and I'm also adding straps made from the tulle. I don't do well in the strapless look, and I don't think it's very attractive anyway.

ValerieAmelia

Familiar Face
lyburnum said:
I just posted this in the What are you wearing thread, but I made this skirt recently:

img7826jc1.jpg

Again, a dead easy piece to make. Took me a couple hours max. I have the matching bolero cut out and ready to make as well - I'll probably put that together tomorrow. I'm looking forward to doing the whole ensemble.

sim3748bj4.jpg

Yikes...

Again, I just bought this pattern as well. haha I'm making it in a brown tweed with embroidered flowers.

KittyT

I'll Lock Up
ValerieAmelia said:
I'm going to make the under layer a deep purple and the top tulle part a pretty lavender, and I'm also adding straps made from the tulle. I don't do well in the strapless look, and I don't think it's very attractive anyway.

Is tulle strong enough to use for straps? It rips so easily.

I would make a wrap or bolero to go with it. If you're going to a church wedding, you might need your shoulders covered.

ValerieAmelia

Familiar Face
KittyT said:
Is tulle strong enough to use for straps? It rips so easily.

I would make a wrap or bolero to go with it. If you're going to a church wedding, you might need your shoulders covered.

The pattern doesn't call for straps so I'm sure the dress will hold it's self up fine, I'm adding the straps just because I don't like the strapless look on me.

I think I was just going to wear this little cardigan that I have, I was open to ideas though because I wasn't sure how that was going to look. I just need long sleeves, cause I'll probably have it on through the wedding and probably dinner too.

anabolina

A-List Customer
Oh Kim, how cute is your oven mitt. Sorry about your machine, they do get on a bit.

This dress was made from Simplicity 3620, a current pattern but one that feels very sixties to me with the shape and bow.

Simp3620_1-1.jpg

Here's a closer look at the bow. It's really what drew me to the pattern yesterday. I don't know when the Simplicity sale ends, but they're on sale at Hancocks right now for $1.99.

Simp3620_3.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Grateful Fred