Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show us what you've made!

RaasAlHayya

A-List Customer
I wanna play!

QIMUF-img016.jpg

...and I did make the outfit all by myself!

--Leslie

Lady Day

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
You are the sheltered daughter of a sultan, who resembled his first and dearest wife. Because of such, he wants to keep you from harm, thus you have developed a caged bird complex.

Your handmaid slipped you a key to a secret passage that leads you outside and to the market place. There you meet a pesant girl, who you buy a meal for, but you paid too much, so you and the girl are followed by bandits and are cornered.

To be continued . . . .

LD

Lauren

Distinguished Service Award
Thank you!

Lady Day, this one is brilliant! I can see it cast as a silent film lol Big hand gestures, overly weeping women- it's perfect!

RaasAlHayya, it's amazing you made that! Did you have to put all the beading on as well?

RaasAlHayya

A-List Customer
Lady Day, thanks for the great story...you really have a lot of talent! Have you ever considered writing romance novels?

Lauren, thanks for the compliment! What looks like beadwork in the picture (because of the soft focus is actually stretch sequins, the kind tube tops were made of in the 70s. I just assembled the stretch sequins and chiffon. However, I did make the applique on the center front of the bra. It's hard to see in the picture.

By the way, Lauren, your dress is breathtaking, and the picture looks like it came out of a period movie. What fabrics did you use for the dress?

--Leslie

anna_newman

New in Town
Lauren and Lady Day and Leslie,
you each made such wonderful outfits!
Well done to all three of you. I'm inspired.

I always have big plans, but I'm kinda slow to realize them.
This blouse was started in summer, and I just
today finished it. I always put off those darn
button holes! :p The fabric is a vintage hawaiian print
I fell in love with, but I only had a yard+ and I wanted
to match the print.

You gotta love those thrifty 40s patterns--they sure
did a lot with very little fabric. I had to make
the blouse sleeveless and buy a modern fabric
for the collar, but I'm not unhappy with the result.

I'm hoping we'll get one of those freakishly warm
fall days and I'll get to wear it at least once this year.

anna

hi_blouse.jpg

RaasAlHayya

A-List Customer
Anna, the red collar really brings out the red in the print. Looks great!

I downloaded the Wild Ginger patternmaking software and got my husband to measure me, then I created some styles I thought would look good. Now comes the hard part...actually *making* the garments! :p

--Leslie

Lauren

Distinguished Service Award
Anna, that is adorable! And thank you so much for the compliment!

Leslie, the fabric I used is a vintage eyelet for the bodice and overskirt and the underskirt is all a white semi sheer cotton I picked up at a thrift store- I think it was supposed to be a curtain fabric. All the trim is about a 4" eyelet trim and I used about 40 yards on the dress! And little ribbon rosettes are at the front which I bought a little baggie of :) Thanks!

AllaboutEve

Practically Family
Great blouse Anna. I love the way you have used a simple classic design that is beautifully fitted with a top quality print and fabric.
I say that's always the best combination.
I wish I was skilled enough to fit the bust as well as you have....you have inspired me to have another go.
Thanks for posting the pic!:)

Lauren your dress is JUST BEAUTIFUL!
I have many, many years of practice before I'd be anywhere near as skilled as you!!!!
You put me in mind of Anne of Green Gables going to the White Sands Hotel Concert.:)

Miss Dottie

Practically Family
AllaboutEve said:
Lauren your dress is JUST BEAUTIFUL!
I have many, many years of practice before I'd be anywhere near as skilled as you!!!!
You put me in mind of Anne of Green Gables going to the White Sands Hotel Concert.:)

Wow! That's crazy! I was just about to write the same thing--Anne of Green Gables going to the White Sands Hotel Concert.

I had a feeling there would be a few AGG (that's Anne of Green Gables) fans in the Lounge.

But the dress is gorgeous. In fact I'm always amazed by all of the great designs and workmanship I see here!

AllaboutEve

Practically Family
Miss Dottie said:
Wow! That's crazy! I was just about to write the same thing--Anne of Green Gables going to the White Sands Hotel Concert.

I had a feeling there would be a few AGG (that's Anne of Green Gables) fans in the Lounge.

But the dress is gorgeous. In fact I'm always amazed by all of the great designs and workmanship I see here!

Oh I'm so glad, I had a feeling that there had to be other "kindred spirits" out there too!

From one AGG fan to another!

Doesn't Lauren make a perfect Miss Shirley:)

Miss Dottie

Practically Family
AllaboutEve said:
Oh I'm so glad, I had a feeling that there had to be other "kindred spirits" out there too!

From one AGG fan to another!

Doesn't Lauren make a perfect Miss Shirley:)

She absolutely does! A perfect Anne indeed!

Miss Dottie

Practically Family
Oh Built By Wendy is great! For any sewers out there her book "Sew U" is terrific!

And look at that cape. You know, capes are the big thing this season. Rather retro. I wonder how they'll play out.

Etienne

A-List Customer
"Oh, Miss Shirley, I want to look JUST like you when I turn 18!!" Sigh...Just an absolutely gorgeous creation, Lauren! Well done!

DOTLOSW (Diana of the Lake of Shining Waters)!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RacerJ