Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show us what you've made!

lyburnum

Practically Family
I just finished making these up earlier:

IMG_9359.jpg
IMG_9368.jpg

The instructions were easily the most confusing I've ever worked with. I ended up cutting the wrong part of the pattern because they were so unclear. In the end I improvised and just made up another part of material (the zig zag shape at the top is the extra fabric):

IMG_9363.jpg

I kinda like it, gives it a nice detailing. Definitely not a pattern I'd recommend for a beginner! I had to guess what it was trying to tell me to do half the time.

This was the pattern I used:

4536.jpg

I can't wait to make the playsuit for the summer!

Pink Dahlia

Call Me a Cab
Wow, thanks ladies!

And to answer your question Mo, I dyed it. :D And because of that, Wil Wheaton told me I had serious dedication to cosplay.

Blondie

Practically Family
lyburnum said:
I just finished making these up earlier:

IMG_9359.jpg
IMG_9368.jpg

The instructions were easily the most confusing I've ever worked with. I ended up cutting the wrong part of the pattern because they were so unclear. In the end I improvised and just made up another part of material (the zig zag shape at the top is the extra fabric):

IMG_9363.jpg

I kinda like it, gives it a nice detailing. Definitely not a pattern I'd recommend for a beginner! I had to guess what it was trying to tell me to do half the time.

This was the pattern I used:

4536.jpg

I can't wait to make the playsuit for the summer!

You are SEW clever ;-)

Snookie

Practically Family
SO super cute, lyburnum! Great solution to your problem - the front inset is an even better version than the original. Yeah, vintage pattern construction is really archaic sometimes - half the time I do a mockup just so I can learn how the pattern goes together before trying the real thing.

Cherry_Bombb

A-List Customer
lyburnum- those are so cute!! They came out so well and they fit you perfectly! I really love the buttons up the back. Is that truly how you get into it or is there a hidden side closure? I thought about purchasing that pattern a little while back... does it fit true to size?

Mojito

One Too Many
Pink Dahlia said:
Wow, thanks ladies!

And to answer your question Mo, I dyed it. :D And because of that, Wil Wheaton told me I had serious dedication to cosplay.
Oh, how cool is that! I do like her reversion to this early style better than the single "skunk" stripe up the middle of the big 'do she had for years - the sort of super-mullet (although Rogue is just so kewl she can wear her hair any way she likes).

Lyburnum, I can but envy the skill and admire the result!

lyburnum

Practically Family
Cherry_Bombb said:
lyburnum- those are so cute!! They came out so well and they fit you perfectly! I really love the buttons up the back. Is that truly how you get into it or is there a hidden side closure? I thought about purchasing that pattern a little while back... does it fit true to size?

The back buttons are how you get into it. I had to do a few adjustments on the pattern. I added an extra inch of fabric to the length as otherwise they'd have been way too short (even with an extra inch it didn't leave much room for a hem), they're a little tight to get into around the bum area when you're pulling them up - but I couldn't let it out anymore as otherwise I'd have ended up with a saggy waist (if that makes sense), and I had to take them in at the bust, as I'm not quite big enough to fill the pattern out. I'd recommend basting them together before you make the final stitches, as it's likely you'll have to make a few changes.

RetroBabydoll

A-List Customer
lyburnum - I'm amazed you're so gifted with sewing! I think I would've gotten frustrated and would've given up. You did so well!

Lady Day

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
Those overalls look great, Lyburnum!

Turns out Id of been better off not sizing up this pattern. :eusa_doh:
smockpattern.jpg

I just wanted to try it out, so I used this nice linen blend I got from the fabric district :)

smockfront.jpg

smockback.jpg

I like the weight of it, but this dress must be made for the woman with the longest torso in the world lol I had to bring up the belt. but I left the pocket where they were.

smockdetail.jpg

smockbuttons.jpg

Its an okay pattern. I dont know if Ill make it again. This frock will be great for summer or winter with a turtle neck beneath.

LD

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
StrangeRay