Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show us what you've made!

Antje

One Too Many
kamikat said:
I made this top from an early 1930's dress pattern. It gave me fits and had me cursing and swearing at my machine. To read all my trials and tribulations, check out my patternreview.com review http://sewing.patternreview.com/cgi-bin/readreview.pl?readreview=1&reviewnum=52731
4721059907_5929190eaf.jpg

Close up of the cuff and collar
4721710298_e07256f417.jpg

Really nice with the sleeves, what a heck of a job, but very lovely,
and your sweet collies are sooo cute, I love collies

BoPeep

Practically Family
Simply beautiful, kamikat. Pieces like these reaffirm my resolve to continue challenging myself with harder vintage patterns. You just don't see detailing like this with modern styles.

HepKitty

One Too Many
Lottie said:
I used a modern one:

http://www.burdastyle.de/schnittmus...nes-schwarzes-kleid-perwoll_pid_102_4370.html

It's for free, but the instructions are in german :( In case you want to use it, pm me if you have any questions or if I need to translate something. (wouldn't highly recommend it, though- the sleeves were a pain)

ich glaube mit einem guten Woerterbuch schaffe ich das :) vielen Dank!

you live in Berlin, you'll be fine anywhere in that dress!

fabu work Kamikat the collar and cuffs are amazing I so don't have the patience or skill for that

RockyHorror

One of the Regulars
You women are so talented!
I wish I had more than just a web cam :( These are terrible quality as it's fairly dark but I just finished this:
Photo_00025.jpg

and after this picture I added way more gathers to the bust (much more flattering now, imo. but it got so much darker that you can barely see any detail in the pictures of that.

RockyHorror

One of the Regulars
kymeratale said:
Ottawa? Me too? Are you nearby? Kudos to you for tackling all that fringe. I hope you had a blast swishing around in it on the dance floor.
Oh goodness, sorry I just saw this, unfortunately no, I'm from Alberta but i have family out there. It was a truly fantastic time dancing in that :)

and thank you NicoleAnn, deadpandiva and Foofoogal.

Neany73

New in Town
kamikat said:
I think you're right. I talked to someone on a sewing board who owns a vintage pleater and it sounds like it was a commercial item that might be common in stores, kind of like the big specialty quilting machines today.

I have a pleater, well two infact! One fits most oldish Singer machines and the other is for my Janome 6600 so it's throughly modern! They tend to be called rufflers now but I think you can still get some that will fit lots of machines. I don't know why they call them rufflers, they do beautiful pleats, a lot like the ones in your picture.

This is the one that's available for a lot of Janome machines http://www.hobkirk.co.uk/products/d...gory-c/janome-ruffler-attachment-product.html

palespider

One of the Regulars
Iv done it at last, my first vintage dress and not only that, it was one that needed to go larger. while its not perfect i am very happy and so goofy over it im sure i annoyed all my family and friends enough showing it off.
I got the pattern from kamikat off a sale and so happy i did.

25258_1203180054229_1670444493_4023.jpg
[/IMG]

GetAttachment-12aspx-1-1.jpg
[/IMG]
GetAttachment-10aspx-1.jpg
[/IMG]

HomesteadHattie

New in Town
Skirt inspired by A League of Their Own

This is the first of several pieces of clothing I've made that were inspired directly by the wardrobe of the 1992 film A League of Their Own.
Near the end of the movie, when Madonna's character Mae is leaving the locker room, she is wearing a skirt with big pockets just like this one. When I saw it, I had to have it, so I searched out a pattern and found it (shockingly soon). Since then, I've seen this style skirt on a housewife in a post-war ad for kitchen cabinets. It was a nice little wink to me from the cosmos, I thought.
Coming soon: a dress inspired by the charm-school scene.

kamikat

Call Me a Cab
Palespider, I'm so glad you made that up! It had been sitting in my stash for years, I'm sure it's much happier being used. Your dress is lovely!

This is beautiful palespider! I love the fabric and the coloring suits you very well.

palespider said:
Iv done it at last, my first vintage dress and not only that, it was one that needed to go larger. while its not perfect i am very happy and so goofy over it im sure i annoyed all my family and friends enough showing it off.
I got the pattern from kamikat off a sale and so happy i did.

25258_1203180054229_1670444493_4023.jpg
[/IMG]

GetAttachment-12aspx-1-1.jpg
[/IMG]
GetAttachment-10aspx-1.jpg
[/IMG]

Lottie

Familiar Face
PaleSpider- i have to admit i'm a little bit jealous ;) wonderful pattern & fabric choice!
And I agree with Ms Sew-n-Sew- pockets are awesome. That skirt looks like a fun and versatile piece for everyday wear :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy