Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show us what you've made!

Lauren

Distinguished Service Award
kamikat said:
I have a Pfaff that does one step buttonholes. You just enter the size you want the buttonhole, then it does all the rest. Even with that, it took 2 hours to measure the placement, do the buttonholes and sew the buttons. My machine sews the buttons on, too.

Ooh... that's the most tedious part of sewing for me. Was worth all the effort, the dress is perfection!
Have you ever used a buttonhole gauge? I finally got one. Best tool evah.
Ditto Pfaffs as good machine. That's what I use as well. I think mine might be from the late 90s, but it's a workhorse. A little service now and again and it runs like a champ.

kamikat

Call Me a Cab
OMG! I NEED one!!! I got my Pfaff at the tail end of my professional sewing days, so I used all the bells and whistles it came with but I haven't used the embroidery features in years.

sixsexsix

Practically Family
Lauren said:
Ooh... that's the most tedious part of sewing for me. Was worth all the effort, the dress is perfection!
Ditto Pfaffs as good machine. That's what I use as well. I think mine might be from the late 90s, but it's a workhorse. A little service now and again and it runs like a champ.

WHOA! Thanks for the heads up about this. I always put off projects with a lot of buttons because I hate all the measuring

Mrs. Merl

Practically Family
On the question about Pfaff machines: my mother, while not a professional, sews so much we measure her fabric usage in miles! ;) Anyway, she got a Pfaff a few years back and since then has put the pedal to the metal! She loves her Pfaff. It has been really great for her and she hasn't had to really have much done on it - service. She sews crazy things too, she is a costumer and believe me she has put every possible type of fabric through that thing! She also uses the embroidery part of it like a nut! We always joked that my mom should be a test person for two products vacuum cleaners and sewing machines. So I would say they are good machines and worth the money.

Kitty_Sheridan

Practically Family
Thanks girls! It's on my Christmas list, I went to a Bernina show day, wow...would love one, but can't justify spending $2,000 (£1500) on a machine. Sorry to thread hijack, love that Hawaiian print skirt!!

BoPeep

Practically Family
Okay, here are some photos of my first wiggle dress! This was made from a duvet cover (yea - Lady Day!). It was also my first attempt at underarm gussets. Just poke a needle in my eye, that would be more fun. :eusa_doh: But overall I'm very happy with the fit although next time I'd taper the bottom a little to get a bit more wiggle.

The first time I wore this, I went to a Social Distortion concert. While standing in line, I commented to my husband that I was the only one wearing pink. The girl in front of me said very sympathetically, "I made that mistake, too, and wore pink to a biker bar." I laughed and said, "This wasn't a mistake. I'm a girl and I like pink!"

IMG_2647.jpg
IMG_2644.jpg
7942.jpg
IMG_2653.jpg

Lauren

Oh my gosh, that is SO cute and so flattering! Love the fabric!

Yay for sewing tools to make life easier :) Glad to help with the buttonhole gauge thing. Only drawback is that it isn't *quite* long enough to mark a whole front skirt, but at least it stays in shape when you stretch it and has little gauges for size. Works good for pleating skirts, too.

SheBear74

Practically Family
IMG_2647.jpg
IMG_2644.jpg
7942.jpg
IMG_2653.jpg
[/QUOTE]

Love it! I love re-purposing fabrics! I have lots of dresses and skirts made from sheets, table cloths etc ;)

kamikat

Call Me a Cab
BoPeep, that is darling!!!!

I made a skirt from the pattern that I used for th blue and white dress. It hangs differently in the heavy twill but will be warmer when winter comes.
4907508137_6dc267457f.jpg

Land-O-LakesGal

Practically Family
Man Bobeep vavavoom that is too cute.

Kamikat again super impressed looks fabulous.

Ladies please tell me these have been in the works for a while..... cause I have been struggling for a week just to make a muslin or a blouse and not that I am almost done and deciding I don't really like the pattern that much (too many snips to make things work and I don't feel like it will hold up over time) and i may change gears and make the wearing history 30's blouse instead. grrr.....

Lottie

Familiar Face
BoPeep said:
Okay, here are some photos of my first wiggle dress! This was made from a duvet cover (yea - Lady Day!). It was also my first attempt at underarm gussets. Just poke a needle in my eye, that would be more fun. :eusa_doh: But overall I'm very happy with the fit although next time I'd taper the bottom a little to get a bit more wiggle.

The first time I wore this, I went to a Social Distortion concert. While standing in line, I commented to my husband that I was the only one wearing pink. The girl in front of me said very sympathetically, "I made that mistake, too, and wore pink to a biker bar." I laughed and said, "This wasn't a mistake. I'm a girl and I like pink!"

IMG_2647.jpg
IMG_2644.jpg
7942.jpg
IMG_2653.jpg

:eusa_clap you look stunning! If I'd seen you at that concert, I would have frantically ran over to compliment you... (Whilst wearing jeans & a T-Shirt, I guess :S )

Lauren said:

Ahhh! So that's what that is! I remember playing with one of those that was with my Grandmothers sewing things when I was little. I must have it somewhere.....hmmm.

Lauren

I haven't posted projects in a while [huh]
I made an Edwardian dress for a costume convention. More on that project here.
edwdress1.jpg

And just finished these three hats :D
hat1.jpg
hats2.jpg
hats3.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
biker uk