Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show us what you've made!

Lily Amelia

New in Town
Thanks for the lovely comments everyone :)

The pattern was one I picked up in a charity/thrift shop, it's Maudella No 6212and I think it is from the 1970s. Unfortunately I can't find it at the moment otherwise I'd have posted a photo. I'll have a good look for it today though because I'd like to have a go at making one of the other styles which can be made from the pattern and the other pieces are inside the envelope.

The fabric was a bed sheet I bought off Ebay! I didn't want to waste decent/expensive fabric until I knew I could sew :D

Land-O-LakesGal

Practically Family
Lily Amelia your dress turned out great!!!
Hepkitty love the dress and the matching spats are really cute too.
Amie that dress look adorable and I love that you matched it to the picture on the patter I have thought of trying to do that with a few of my patterns.

shazzabanazza

Practically Family
Whew, I finally finished this dress. Two things I'm not too crazy about are:
1. The fabric choice. I wasn't too happy about its lack of flow and weight.
2. The grading I did for this pattern. I'm very inexperienced so I attempted to grade the pattern with the little knowledge I have. I think I did alright, but next time I hope to do this part better.
Overall I'm happy though.

3902949570_81c0511c53.jpg

dress.jpg

dress1.jpg

pads.jpg
I don't know why, but I really liked the shoulder pads I made.

Amie! Fabulous dress :D

shazzabanazza

Practically Family
Lily I reakon some of the fabic used for bedsheets is better then the dress fabic available in the shops!

Hepkitty Pretty dress and the spats are super cute!

Isis

One of the Regulars
Looks great kamikat! Very nice fit at the top- I know how hard that can be if you are a cury lady. :)

Isis

One of the Regulars
TheSwingingBee, that's so cute!

I have just finished a Vintage Vogue pattern, V2934, a short jacket from 1950. Really easy to sew, but not a cut that suits me. I'm a high-waisted hourglass and as you can see the jacket stops just where my hips starts, so it looks like I have no waist at all. I think it would look very good on a slender person, though. I made it in faux fur, the whole project was actually to try to sew in that material and I was pleasantly surprised- I have always thought that faux fur is a nightmare to work with.
IMG_0092-1.jpg

Forgive the dorky expression...
IMG_0093.jpg

Of course, the right accessories really makes an outfit. ;)
IMG_0094-1.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DapperBran