Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show us what you've made!

sweetfrancaise

Practically Family
lyburnum said:
It's made from Simplicity 3673. Altogether I think it took me... 3hours... max, to put together. Dead easy.

3673oe8.jpg

...I thought that looked familiar! You look adorable in it. I'm making it myself--my first sewing project (I have help from a professional costume designer to get the basics down).

Lady Day

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
ITs all about coordination for bedtime.

Sleep Shirts AND Sleep Caps! :)

I used some excess fabric from making the sleep shirts.

redpladshirtandcap.jpg
pladcapandsirt.jpg

*yawn*
As you can tell, its time for bed.

LD

kamikat

Call Me a Cab
lyburnum, your dress is very cute. I made the same dress in black linen, but I added the faux belt from the slim skirt view. I agree, soo fast and sooo easy to make. Mine is already too big, so I need to make a smaller one in a heavier fabric for winter.

KittyT

I'll Lock Up
lyburnum said:

I'll admit that I've never really liked this pattern much. Seeing it made up changes my mind though. So cute!

Can any of you ladies recommend any good patterns with 3/4 or long sleeves that can be made with heavier winter fabrics? I have not found any with longer sleeves and I hate wearing shirts under dresses.

kamikat

Call Me a Cab
KittyT said:
Can any of you ladies recommend any good patterns with 3/4 or long sleeves that can be made with heavier winter fabrics? I have not found any with longer sleeves and I hate wearing shirts under dresses.
Are you looking for 40's or 50's dresses?

KittyT

I'll Lock Up
kamikat said:
Are you looking for 40's or 50's dresses?

Kamikat, I love both the 40s and 50s style dresses, though the construction of the 50s dresses is often a bit simpler and probably better suited to my sewing ability!

KittyT

I'll Lock Up
kamikat said:
Old Patterns has a TON of patterns, many have longer sleeves, these are just my favs.

Ooooh so cute! They're all so tiny though! I guess this means I have to learn how to size patterns. I haven't quite gotten that far yet :-/

kamikat

Call Me a Cab
If you have time to wait for it, use the favorite search feature on ebay. Make a favorite search using "vintage patterns" and your bust measurement. Ebay will send you weekly updates for all the vintage patterns in your size. I have found this to be very helpful. Generally, if a pattern has a short sleeve, it's pretty easy to turn it into a long or 3/4 sleeve.

RedHotRidinHood

Practically Family
Lady Day-you have so much style it just shoots out of you like sunbeams. I love seeing the things you make! I wish I could sleep with a cap on my head because you look so darn cute.

Lyburnum-I am so glad to see that dress made up and on a real person. I just bought the pattern and I wasn't sure about it for me, but you helped me to decide! It looks terribly cute on you, and I hope it does on me too...what do you ladies think of the full skirted version in a gingham fabric? It is still so hot here in Phoenix, I haven't even begun to think about wearing winter clothes yet!

Miss 1929

My Mail is Forwarded Here
More reasons to love lady Day

Lady Day said:
ITs all about coordination for bedtime.

Sleep Shirts AND Sleep Caps! :)

I used some excess fabric from making the sleep shirts.

redpladshirtandcap.jpg
pladcapandsirt.jpg

*yawn*
As you can tell, its time for bed.

LD

Awesome!!! I love the sleep caps! I have been thinking about making some sort of cap as my hair gets really tangled and my head gets cold!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner