Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show us what you've made!

Sunny

One Too Many
Pink Dahlia said:
Okay so I started this yesterday and finished today. (I actually do make vintage clothes!)

l_8698240e5991a9fd3b9053ab7179f464.jpg

(Thems is the FarylRobins on my feets!)

And finally the pattern. This is by far the most tattered pattern I've ever worked with. I tried so hard to keep it in tact but I ended up ripping a tiny piece. :( Anyway, I like to think that whoever the original owner was loved the pattern so much she made many dresses with it. :)
l_e6f9fcc851e599b67aae11b1f8d0f49e.jpg

That's really awesome, Pink! I love that style of dress - not quite as "ordinary" a shirtwaister as just a few years later in the '40s. I've got a similar pattern with a triangular yoke that I'm just waiting for material to make up! Great job!

Sunny

One Too Many
Trickeration said:
The next pic is one of the regular dresses she made. She makes a lot of her own clothes. She's 16, in case anyone is wondering, and I'm so glad she's learned to sew. It's really becoming a lost art.
dsc01137ja0.jpg

Trickeration, your daughter is really talented! She looks so cute in those dresses, and they're well-made. Good for her!

Blondie

Practically Family
Pink Dahlia said:
Okay so I started this yesterday and finished today. (I actually do make vintage clothes!)

l_8698240e5991a9fd3b9053ab7179f464.jpg

(Thems is the FarylRobins on my feets!)

Close up of the bodice. It's hard to see but it has a darling yoke.
l_b0ea7647976718628ce67607ec78bafe.jpg

I just need to make a belt.

And finally the pattern. This is by far the most tattered pattern I've ever worked with. I tried so hard to keep it in tact but I ended up ripping a tiny piece. :( Anyway, I like to think that whoever the original owner was loved the pattern so much she made many dresses with it. :)
l_e6f9fcc851e599b67aae11b1f8d0f49e.jpg

You are so talented ! I LOVE this dress,
when are you taking orders ????????;)

Pink Dahlia

Call Me a Cab
Blondie said:
You are so talented ! I LOVE this dress,
when are you taking orders ????????;)

:eek:

Wow. I don't think I'm that super good. I rip out seams all the time and I'm anal about some things and sloppy about others. I will admit that I gave this dress more care than some other garments I made. I guess I just loved this one something special. ;)

Trickeration

Practically Family
My daughter say's "thank you" for all the compliments. I really need to get her on the lounge so she can do her own posting! She's applied to a performing arts high school for her senior year, to specialize in and learn costuming, and then wants to go on to design school. She amazes me. She says "I need a dress for school tomorrow", goes up to her room, and comes out a couple hours later with the finished product. I think she has elves up there helping her ;) .

Pink Dahlia - I love especially love the fabric you chose. It's really perfect for the dress and the time period.

Pink Dahlia

Call Me a Cab
Trickeration said:
My daughter say's "thank you" for all the compliments. I really need to get her on the lounge so she can do her own posting! She's applied to a performing arts high school for her senior year, to specialize in and learn costuming, and then wants to go on to design school. She amazes me. She says "I need a dress for school tomorrow", goes up to her room, and comes out a couple hours later with the finished product. I think she has elves up there helping her ;) .

Pink Dahlia - I love especially love the fabric you chose. It's really perfect for the dress and the time period.

That's awesome. My mom tried to teach me to sew when I was younger. Needless to say I never took to it. I'm glad I picked it up at this point in my life.

Thank you! When I saw it, it just screamed puff sleeves!

Pink Dahlia

Call Me a Cab
Faryl Robin Dress #2. I had to make all these dresses to go with the Faryl Robin shoes (since I didn't have much). :D

l_ed82bea49b3cea8da8fea1d0b704fcde.jpg

Close up of the fabric:
l_22dd5b41255cb8d80f540fed66427b5d.jpg

The pattern:
l_29c06794be86036267aa6b082030d60b.jpg

There's one more dress in the works. I'm having trouble with the pockets. Maybe I'll post in the FAQs.

waingirl

One of the Regulars
Talented!!

Trickeration said:
The next pic is one of the regular dresses she made. She makes a lot of her own clothes. She's 16, in case anyone is wondering, and I'm so glad she's learned to sew. It's really becoming a lost art.
dsc01137ja0.jpg

Trickeraton, you daughter is just beautiful! and talented! I wish I had looked like that at 16. She looks like she will grow up to be a fine lady. :)

epr25

Practically Family
Well I am not sure if this would count for making. But this is a hat that was given to me. The main hat was in great shape other then being dirty. Very stiff and had retained it;s shape very well. This is what I did with it. I am not really pleased with the feathers that are coming out of the thing on the side. I had envisioned it differently but I could not find the type of feathers I was looking for so I tried these. I am going to look for something different.

before2.jpg
[/IMG]

before1.jpg
[/IMG]

before3.jpg
[/IMG]

during.jpg
[/IMG]

after2.jpg
[/IMG]

after1.jpg
[/IMG]

after3.jpg
[/IMG]

epr25

Practically Family
I was going to put new netting on but I can't find any? The only stuff I could find was more like what a crinoline is made from. The original netting was destroyed.
goldwyn girl said:
Another great dress Pink :eusa_clap

epr25, I like how it turned out, I would be inclined to put the net back on if it were mine, just my thought.

deadpandiva

Call Me a Cab
epr25 said:
I was going to put new netting on but I can't find any? The only stuff I could find was more like what a crinoline is made from. The original netting was destroyed.
Try hatshadows on ebay or if you want vintage www.hatsupply.com but they have a two yard minimum I think. I know that there are more hat places on ebay but hatshadows is the only one I have used.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy