Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show Us Your Tattoos

tuppence

Practically Family
Lefty said:
get rid of the colon after the .jpg, click the photo button (the little mountain) instead of the link button to insert the img code, and you should be there.
tattoopicture.jpg

Pixie that's gorgeous!!!

pixie

Familiar Face
Thanks Tuppence, I really love it, the color looks much brighter and vibrant in real life. It hurt ALOT!! But I already kind of want another one,,,,what they say about tattoos is very true, they are addictive :D

volatile

A-List Customer
Wash In Lux said:
Thank you. Nope, not flash. Drawn and re-drawn 15 times. First few looked like Matt Groening characters. Pretty funny.

Well, whoever did it (who did it?) did a fantastic job - looks just like something that coulda come off an Owen Jensen or Bert Grimm flash sheet. Brilliant.

Wash In Lux

One of the Regulars
Bert Grimm is definitely one of my favorites. Rob Benavides, first at Avalon and now his own shop, Flying Panther, did the majority of my stuff. We both really like the 20's-40's style. The first one he did for me 10 years or so ago, on my chest, he talked me into keeping the colors very traditional; black, red and yellow. So we've more or less kept that theme going.

Slim Portly

One Too Many
How I spent my Sunday night

My son Spider is an independent ink slinger from California's Inland Empire. He spent the weekend at my place in Vegas and this was his gift to me. It is the Buddhist mantra "Om Mani Padme Hum" (there are various spellings and pronunciations) in the ancient Siddham script of Northern India. The sentence that the characters spell has both a literal and a metaphorical meaning, and each character is symbolic of a specific Buddhist concept.

The doctor is in. (Ladies, this gorgeous lad is single):
IMG_0288-CROP.jpg

Setting the transfer:
IMG_0282-crop.jpg

The completed outline, ready for filling in:
IMG_0309-CROP.jpg

Steady lad, steady...
IMG_0310-CROP.jpg

The finished work:
IMG_0324-CROP.jpg

One proud poppa:
DSCI0695-CROP.jpg

chanteuseCarey

Call Me a Cab
Great tat SP. The pics of Herr Docktor and the process are terrific. Thanks for posting them. This last pic of the two of you here is priceless, worthy of putting into a frame and put up at your place in a place of honor.

Slim Portly said:
My son Spider is an independent ink slinger from California's Inland Empire. One proud poppa:
DSCI0695-CROP.jpg

Slim Portly

One Too Many
Extremely off topic, so forgive me. My two grown sons (ages 22 and 24) were in a very serious car accident this weekend. The youngest was hurt the worst and is still in the hospital. He has had many procedures thus far including two surgeries. Spider, my big boy, looks like someone took a baseball bat to him. Here he is less than 48 hours after the picture of the two of us above:

IMG_0332-crop.jpg

And here is what is left of the car that they were in:

IMG_0346-CROP.jpg

Miss Carey, I agree that is a great picture of me and the boy, made more poignant by the fact that I could have so easily lost him. I'll print it and get a proper frame for it.

chanteuseCarey

Call Me a Cab
:eek:fftopic:
Makes my Mother's heart sick and sad both at the same time to see these pics. Only by the grace of God that those precious boys both came out of this alive and kicking.

Slim Portly said:
Extremely off topic, so forgive me. My two grown sons (ages 22 and 24) were in a very serious car accident this weekend. The youngest was hurt the worst and is still in the hospital. He has had many procedures thus far including two surgeries. Spider, my big boy, looks like someone took a baseball bat to him. Here he is less than 48 hours after the picture of the two of us above:

Miss Carey, I agree that is a great picture. I'll print it and get a proper frame for it.

DBLIII

One of the Regulars
Wow what great work everybody is posting. Haven't been on this thread in a while. For the few of you who know me, I am still fighting a nasty divorce and I decided life is indeed short, so don't hesitate to do what you want. I don't wait for "nuthin no more." On my blog (in my sig line) I use the wolf photo that is now my avatar.

So, I went to my favorite tattoo girl and asked her to do it. No stencils, no lines, just her and a tattoo machine. Got this and I love it. If nothing else, it gives me "stage presence."
AdyasWolf.jpg

My avatar used to be Gus, my Boston Terrier, but my wife decided to keep him, too.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twiceadaysana