Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show Us Your Tattoos

23SkidooWithYou

Practically Family
Miss Neecerie said:
Done by the mistress of celtic knotwork Pat Fish....I had her picked out as the artist I wanted for oh 10 years before I got over my fear of pain....and gave it to myself as a 31st birthday present.

IMG_0071.jpg

IMG_0079.jpg

I am at once, thrilled for you and insanely jealous! Pat Fish? Pat Fish! OMG :eusa_clap I have so many of hers stored in the back of my brain but I'll never be in Santa Barbara so the best I can do is buy the flash and hope somebody can do line work as well on those tricky Celtic weaves. I'm sure he/she is out there. :)

She has one like St. Mark's Lion (winged lion from book of Kells I think) and a back piece of Mercats and another band style of Diana's Dogs that I love. I have one celtic knot, center of my lower back. I made the guy reduce the image in size and now I'm sorry. I've been thinking about adding to it or just getting something new for years, but I'm still undecided...and you all know that means wait.

Everyone's ink is sensational. Some of you should be naming your first borns after your artists because they are THAT good!

Miss Neecerie

I'll Lock Up
23SkidooWithYou said:
I am at once, thrilled for you and insanely jealous! Pat Fish? Pat Fish! OMG :eusa_clap I have so many of hers stored in the back of my brain but I'll never be in Santa Barbara so the best I can do is buy the flash and hope somebody can do line work as well on those tricky Celtic weaves. I'm sure he/she is out there. :)

She has one like St. Mark's Lion (winged lion from book of Kells I think) and a back piece of Mercats and another band style of Diana's Dogs that I love. I have one celtic knot, center of my lower back. I made the guy reduce the image in size and now I'm sorry. I've been thinking about adding to it or just getting something new for years, but I'm still undecided...and you all know that means wait.

I just saw your comment...

hehe I know huh! I had seen her work over the years and had in my head that if I ever managed to get over my fear of pain and my family issues..that there was not other choice but to have it done by her.
10 years later...(because oh yes...I had it planned that long...) and I emailed on the off chance of an appointment on a day I would be up there and totally lucked out, someone had canceled.

She is a total character and it was great fun to spend the few hours watching her interact with 'walk ins'

23SkidooWithYou

Practically Family
No worries!

I actually just started using the "new post" button, so I've missed a ton of posts!

I've heard Pat is quite the character and uh, rather entertaining when it comes to dealing with the general public. If she still has the Irish Wolfhounds I've read about...I'm even more jealous. Can't wait to see what you give yourself for 40!!!!

Caity Lynn

Practically Family
Things my parents can't ever know: I'm planning on getting a tattoo.

I want to get something small on my hip. Cover-able by a bikini but I know it's there.

I have several Tat's I'd like, but they would have to be cover-able or wait until I'm never partially clad around my parents. :rolleyes:

I'd like the word 'strength' somewhere, I really think on my wrist, but I know A: it would have to be covered in some jobs, so not a good idea
B: really painful

The words "the show must go on"

I'd also thought of drama masks, but I don't want to get them as I'm going to college for theatre, and if I end up as an epic failure at that I don't want to have them mocking me for the rest of my life. lol

A compass rose with with words "Destiny, Desire, Dream, Dare." Instead of the directions.

I'm really in love with the great peacock tat's I've seen on here, and am considering getting one, if you ladies don't mind, I know it sucks to try to be an individual then things get copied. But the feather would possibly have words in it and a heart instead of the basic eye.

http://i292.photobucket.com/albums/mm29/Caity_Lynn_Susan/masks001.jpg
I drew this up and like it, but I'd have to wait for the masks, although do luv them especially since I worked the word strength into the string.

Sadly most of the ideas I've come up with I just don't think would be great on my hipbone. I mean really, an arrow on my hipbone with the word Desire :eusa_doh: could be taken really badly. :eek:

How did you guys come up with your designs?

~Psycho Sue~

One of the Regulars
pgoat said:
awesome colors on those tatts!

And what kind of LP is that? Nice color....and only one Vol & Tone knob? me like!

Thanks! Pinks and Blues sit very well on my skin tone.

:eek:fftopic: My LP is a LP Goddess 2003. They discontinued them a while back and they are had to find. It's a slim 60s neck and it weighs less than a standard. They cut weight by removing the second vol and tone knob, which I don't use anyways. ;) I also have one in a beautiful Rose Burst. Feel free to PM me about it!
http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/Gibson-Les-Paul-Goddess?sku=517375

Edward

Bartender
Hamilton_Honey said:
Here is mine, which has a lot of significance for me. The artist is Eiland Hogan in Sacramento CA

1115091650.jpg

I like that one a lot. I'm planning to finally (after a decade of consideration) get my first tattoo in early 2010. That will be the black cat on my shoulder.... There are a couple of others I'm tempted by, though I don't want to end up with lots of ink on me (great as they look on other folks, I would look ridiculous with a sleeve). A phoenix rising from the flames is one I've been wanting for a long time (on the left shoulder, that would be), and I'd love a row of cats' paw prints up my back (the plan is to actually try and get prints from my girls to use as a model). If it goes beyond that, a Sacre Heart on my chest is a realistic consideration. I'd like to keep them all subtle and not visible in a short-sleeve shirt, giving me the option of whether to revela them or not. I very nearly got a tat in Beijing last year (I have found a wodnerful, English-speaking white collar place there), of the Mandarin symbol for 'lao wai'. In essence, that translates as 'white eedjit', or thereabouts, and is used (normally in fun) about white, Western foreigners who think they know it all. I've spent a bit of time out there with work (and tacked-on holidays!) and will do again, want to see more of the country, and I adore it, so it made sense. Plan was to get it on my lower left leg, back of the calf. In the end I decided not to as I realsied at the last minute that I had left only the final day clear for it and I didn't know whether it was wise to have one done right before a long haul flight??? Next time I'm there, though, that is a definite.

I do really like your Sacre Heart design - I've been browsing a lot of those online, looking at designs and that is by far the best I've seen. FWIW, my planned tattoos, aside from the Mandarin and the cat-themed ones, are also religious symbolism, and I think thats a great thing for ink.

Edward

Bartender
i_am_the_scruff said:
Caity Lynn, the wrist area isn't painful :)

It is kinda hard to hide from parents, though. ;)

~Psycho Sue~ said:
:eek:fftopic: My LP is a LP Goddess 2003.

Yeah, I recognised that right off - I loved those. I maintain that - Juniors aside - I am so over Les Pauls, but I did really like the Goddess model, even if I wasn't the target market!

Edward said:
I do really like your Sacre Heart design - I've been browsing a lot of those online, looking at designs and that is by far the best I've seen. FWIW, my planned tattoos, aside from the Mandarin and the cat-themed ones, are also religious symbolism, and I think thats a great thing for ink.

Thank you Edward - as I said it has a lot of personal meaning for me and I agree that is probably the best reason to get a tattoo. I am also very happy that I can reveal it if I wish, but most of the time it is covered. I didn't get it for the rest of the world, so...

I can also relate to those here who have parents that find this difficult - mine were not happy about it even though I've been out of their house for a number of years. They have always loved me unconditionally though, and still do. Being a parent myself I can understand why it might be hard to accept your child marking their skin.

My daughter is an adult now, and she has brought the idea up with me. I tell her to be very very sure and when she is sure, wait a little while. I also advise her to make sure that it is very important to her (as well as all the common sense stuff). Don't know if she will do it or not, but I am ok either way.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
j2points