Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show Us Your Tattoos

Lefty

I'll Lock Up
mike said:
Think it's too much of a stretch? Isn't the Empire State Building just one big staircase to (the stark naked) Kong anyways?! lol

I'm a huge futurism fan, but I'm not sure if I can imagine that working. I'd love to see drawings.

mike

Call Me a Cab
Lefty said:
I'm a huge futurism fan, but I'm not sure if I can imagine that working. I'd love to see drawings.

I agree. It's just an idea at the moment. I've planned on King Kong on my back for quite a while but changing it from photo realism to something imagined by Marcel Duchamp... well! We shall just have to see if it's got legs :p

Lefty

I'll Lock Up
Maybe a little more realism in the futurism, switch over to the Italians, and go along the lines of Giacomo Balla. Whichever way you end up going, I like the thought behind this one.
dog%20on%20a%20leash.jpg

mike

Call Me a Cab
And the more I think about it, conceptually, it almost falls in line with the Futurist philosophies... Was it really beauty that killed the beast? Or was it this world's next rulers that are to blame? Just beginning the process of ridding the planet of humanity, one hairy ape at a time? Replacing us all with cold hard steel: engines & bullets & girders that could touch the heavens themselves?! lol

Alexi

One of the Regulars
sorry the only images I have of my ink are pretty bad mac photobooths
7319_130441412631_707987631_2466185_6244122_n.jpg

7319_130441422631_707987631_2466186_3463415_n.jpg

7319_130441427631_707987631_2466187_6715883_n.jpg

7319_130441407631_707987631_2466184_4832525_n.jpg

the sea-stag is new and will be shaded tomorrow night, the rest are to give ideas to the style I was working on to my new artist. The ship was done in Cambodia by an ex Royal Marine for 40 bucks and 2 beers.

Miss_Bella_Hell

My Mail is Forwarded Here
mike said:
Mixing this content:
king_kong_2.jpg

with these aesthetics:
Duchamp_-_Nude_Descending_a_Staircase.jpg

Think it's too much of a stretch? Isn't the Empire State Building just one big staircase to (the stark naked) Kong anyways?! lol
Seriously Mike that is one of my favorite paintings of all time and that is the best idea ever. Please get out of my brain K thx.

SayCici

Practically Family
I think I posted in the wrong thread, here goes again!

Newer:
3430509970_b7f15d0c9e_o.jpg

3429750485_2e3dec2ae0_o.jpg

3430562378_d62982525d_o.jpg

tattoo-1.jpg

Crappy cell phone picture, nice and bright still in person!

When these were new:
0802081934a.jpg

0802081934.jpg

Left calf:
tattoo004.jpg

SayCici

Practically Family
Viola said:
Can we talk about our tattoos we don't have yet?

I plan on getting a mash-up of a traditional gypsy tattoo with Klinger's face (from M*A*S*H). I'm always throwing ideas around, especially for a tattoo inspired by the short story "Harrison Bergeron".

sixsexsix

Practically Family
Your tattoos are all very cute StayCici! I especially like the tiger. :)

Currently I am working on this:
IMG_4469.jpg

I have sat twice, once for the outline, and since then once for colour. I probably have a couple more sits....I usually only sit for about 2 hours...then I get restless lol

From this:
il_fullxfull22583554.jpg

Then once that is done, I have this coming up
427219705_da91ec3a1c.jpg

yum

mike

Call Me a Cab
sixsexsix said:
Your tattoos are all very cute StayCici! I especially like the tiger. :)

Currently I am working on this:
IMG_4469.jpg

I have sat twice, once for the outline, and since then once for colour. I probably have a couple more sits....I usually only sit for about 2 hours...then I get restless lol

From this:
il_fullxfull22583554.jpg

Then once that is done, I have this coming up
427219705_da91ec3a1c.jpg

yum

No way!!! That's awesome! I've got a Peter Lorre tattoo too!!!

mike

Call Me a Cab
sixsexsix said:
he's my #1 fav....kind of funny because when i say his name most people have no idea who he is lol lol

Yes! I named my dog Dr Gogol. When I tell people that, I think from the expression on their face they think I said Dr Goebbels. So I say, Dr Gogol! Peter Lorre the mainly character actor from the 30s/40s who was round with a big white face who talked like this... It was a character he played that I thought he looked like him!" No one gets it, even after my impression. They probably didn't think I said Goebbels anyway lol

sixsexsix

Practically Family
he is always great!! :D :D :D

mike - most of the people i know don't watch old movies (travesty in itself) so the only thing i ever have to compare the likeness to that they would know is the ren & stimpy voice :eusa_doh:
since then, i have convinced a few people to watch M and some of the Mr Moto movies...but still the majority of my friends think I am crazy for loving some "random old actor" [huh]

out with friends once they didn't believe me that the man who knew too much (jimmy stewart version) was a remake....and they actually googled it on their iphones in an attempt to disprove me. as Ren would say idiiiiiiooooootssss

sorry this has gone so off-topic folks! :eek:

mike

Call Me a Cab
SayCici said:
I just saw a movie with Peter Lorre! Arsenic and Old Lace. He was great!

What a fun film! :) My favorites of his are M, Mad Love & Face Behind the Mask. He was never given enough meaty roles and had a hard time getting out from the shadow of M. He only directed one film, the Lost One. It is fascinating as he traveled back to his homeland to film it there shortly after WW2. He was greatly embarrassed by his homeland's actions during the war, supposedly he was on Hitler's hit list of people Nazi spies should kill if they are in America and have a day off from trying to blow up the Hoover Dam! The Lost One could be compared to Laughton's Night of the Hunter. Also worth checking out are Beast with 5 Fingers, Island of Doomed Men, some of the Mr. Moto films... I was an Adventuress with Von Stroheim is fun too! What else... oh his radio shows! Mystery in the Air, especially the Mask of Medusa is a great one:

http://otr.relicradio.com/2009/01/h154-the-mask-of-medusa-by-mystery-in-the-air/

mike

Call Me a Cab
sixsexsix said:
he is always great!! :D :D :D

mike - most of the people i know don't watch old movies (travesty in itself) so the only thing i ever have to compare the likeness to that they would know is the ren & stimpy voice :eusa_doh:
since then, i have convinced a few people to watch M and some of the Mr Moto movies...but still the majority of my friends think I am crazy for loving some "random old actor" [huh]

out with friends once they didn't believe me that the man who knew too much (jimmy stewart version) was a remake....and they actually googled it on their iphones in an attempt to disprove me. as Ren would say idiiiiiiooooootssss

sorry this has gone so off-topic folks! :eek:

It's not so off topic:
DSCN0515.jpg

I actually got into a conversation with a crazy old man on the street the other day about Peter Lorre and he told me his favorite comedian was Ben Turpin! Now THAT is random and esoteric! lol

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy