Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show Us Your Tattoos

pgoat

One Too Many
Mine are old....I can't remember what I paid but was under $100 for sure....I remember I wanted a Tattoo in HS and wimped out - some of my friends got them - a basic one-piece on the shoulder or bicep - and I believe they paid about $40. This was back in the late seventies....

sixsexsix

Practically Family
pgoat said:
I'd love to know how much they'd charge at a shop like Kat Von Dee's (I'd love to get on that show or Miami Ink! I am Assuming people who appear on the show would get inked gratis))

apparently her portraits start at around 1k.

bob tyrell is a great portrait artist on this side of the coast and charges much less.
http://www.bobtyrrell.com/

My friend is booking in with Kat Von Dee when she comes over here later on in the year. How exciting is that! Heck, it's not even me having it dont.

I may well go along so I can just sit & stare at her...

Lefty, that eagle will look so cool with your anchor! I know what you mean about the money always going on other stuff. I've been waiting to have mine finished for 2 years now :rolleyes:

i_am_the_scruff

A-List Customer
For show my LA ink and Miami ink I think they also look for people who want certain tattoos. I have them on myspace and Miami ink especially posts bulletins looking for people to get certain tattoos.

sixsexsix

Practically Family
pgoat said:
Yikes!

Still, worth it to pay someone who really can make the tatt look like who it's supposed to be. I'd check out Bob Tyrell for sure if I was out west - Kat is nice and all, but wow:eek:

Bob is in Detroit ;)

zaika

One Too Many
sixsexsix said:
apparently her portraits start at around 1k.

bob tyrell is a great portrait artist on this side of the coast and charges much less.
http://www.bobtyrrell.com/

wow. i think he's way better than kat von d.

hm. i'll be in grand rapids next year...might have to reserve some time for a wee visit....

sixsexsix

Practically Family
make sure to email him well in advance, he takes about a month to reply, and then you'll probably have to wait a month or two for the booking

i_am_the_scruff

A-List Customer
I thought you lot would get a kick out of this, it's a scan from a body modification magazine I have:
40stattoo.jpg

The caption reads "A United States Navy Sailor gets tattoed in 1940"

Inky

One Too Many
Great Vintage Pic and Flash

I AM THE SCRUFF: Fantastic picture!! Thanks for posting that. My hubby is an ex-Navy boy (it's the enlisted man's dress blues, I am a sucker for those!) and I can't wait to show him that picture.

FERAUD: Fantastic Flash pics - I love that and one of my next planned pieces is an old-style heart with my Mom and Dad's names on them.

Thanks for sharing those with us!

LuketheLurker

Familiar Face
The Chest and back are inspired by Russian Prison tattoos. These are memorial pieces that represent events in my life that have forever changed me and I will never forget. When put together they are spikes being driven through me .

2680251622_98f1fd487d_o.jpg

2680251614_c7928fe43f.jpg

On The Left shoulder is a Civil War Corps Badge ( 14th Corps, 1st Division). For the last ten years I have been researching the men of Company D of the 38th Indiana infantry regiment and I am forever indebted to them. There is not a day in my life that passes were I do not find inspiration in their story. My research will eventually culminate in the publication of a book so their story might live on.

2680251626_73dff26535.jpg

And the right shoulder, is a Sailor Jerry piece. I got this one because I realized I’m one lucky S.O.B. to have made it this far.

2680251618_d5d46e579e.jpg

So these are my tatts and their stories. I will be getting one more at some point in time, so I can have the lucky seven. It will be a spread war eagle with a snake in its mouth . It will have olive branches and arrows in its talons the whole patriotic deal. There will be a banner above and below the eagle that will read “Death To Traitors” (top) and “The Union Forever” (bottom). It will be tops! Just need to figure out were to put it…

cookie

I'll Lock Up
"There will be a banner above and below the eagle that will read “Death To Traitors” (top) and “The Union Forever” (bottom). It will be tops! Just need to figure out were to put it"

Probably would be inappropriate to wear that tatt in the Deeep South!:D lol lol

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner