Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show Us Your Tattoos

Inky

One Too Many
Just like nowadays, there are less heavily tattooed women than women that don't have any or just a few, even though it may seem like everyone has tons of tattoos these days. When I started getting tattooed in 1980, there were very few girls sporting any ink, let alone full sleeves and leg work, or full body work.

I suspect there were more women with secret little tattoos back then than we will ever know about.

texasgirl

One Too Many
Bonnie Parker of "Bonnie and Clyde"

When Bonnie Parker met Roy Thornton she was only fifteen years old.
One year later they were married and Bonnie got a tattoo above her
right knee, on her thigh, of double hearts which contained both of their
names. Roy, a criminal himself was away from home for weeks at a time.
Bonnie finally got fed up and the marriage fell apart. However they
never divorced. She was wearing her wedding ring the day she died.

Fresh Ink

I just got this done by my boyfriends tattooist in Jersey:

125.jpg

130.jpg

It's traditional (think Owen Jensen style) swallows with a scripture in latin that goes across both feet..."I am to my beloved and my beloved is mine"

*Bottom picture is a little scrunched up bc of resizing but 1st one is how it actually looks :D

JennyLou

Practically Family
VintageGirl143 said:
I just got this done by my boyfriends tattooist in Jersey:

125.jpg

130.jpg

It's traditional (think Owen Jensen style) swallows with a scripture in latin that goes across both feet..."I am to my beloved and my beloved is mine"

*Bottom picture is a little scrunched up bc of resizing but 1st one is how it actually looks :D
I love thoses tattoos. That is the same location that I plan on putting my future tattoo on. Is it true that putting tattoos on your feet is more painful than other areas?

Caity Lynn

Practically Family
JennyLou said:
I love thoses tattoos. That is the same location that I plan on putting my future tattoo on. Is it true that putting tattoos on your feet is more painful than other areas?

I'm ink-free but several of my friends have them, and those with them on their feet say so [huh] one girl only did it on a drunken night with a 50 bet and price of the tat included she knew it hurt so bad.:rolleyes:

JennyLou

Practically Family
Caity Lynn said:
I'm ink-free but several of my friends have them, and those with them on their feet say so [huh] one girl only did it on a drunken night with a 50 bet and price of the tat included she knew it hurt so bad.:rolleyes:
Ha, maybe I'll get drunk before I go get it done then. lol
Oh, I've heard it hurts more on the foot but I can't seem to pick another place that I would want my tattoo on.

Luke 42

One of the Regulars
JennyLou said:
Ha, maybe I'll get drunk before I go get it done then. lol
Oh, I've heard it hurts more on the foot but I can't seem to pick another place that I would want my tattoo on.

Don't get drunk..you will bleed a lot more than usual..alcohol makes your blood thinner.

JennyLou said:

Thanks!! :D These were my first tats so I can't say for other areas on your body, but it did hurt alot. Its just skin on bone so, I'm thinking the pain level is right up there with getting your rib cage inked. But If people feel they need to be drunk to get one, then its not for them, b/c going through the pain is not only worth it, but its half the fun. :p I knew it would hurt and I was ready for it...but I was relaxed the whole time. I remember someone telling me once that whenever your in pain, the more relaxed you can be the less intense it will get. Not to say the pain got easier, but it gets numb after some time. Plus you get rush from the pain...in a good way. So I had a good time :D

Michaelshane said:
Tattoo's are supposed to hurt,that's part of the enjoyment.....:)

This is exactly what I'm talking about. :)

pretty faythe

One Too Many
When I got my ankle tat retouched and added too, it hurt far more than any of the others, because of the skin on bone. Of course when I got the one on my shoulder I kept jumping on occasion cause he kept hitting nerves, lol, my back is full of them!

This is what I am planning as my next tat, the skull, not the whole ring, lol, although......I got two rings for Christmas, one for my bestie and one for myself. I cant wear very often cuz my fingers like to swell. So I was thinking, get it tatted! I'm thinking of on the other side of my ankle that has the kitty. Originally I was thinking of trying to suggest he get one also, he has lots of skulls on his arm so another wouldnt be noticable, lol, but realize he prob wouldnt go for it.
ring.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
direfulzealot