Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show Us Your Tattoos

pretty faythe

One Too Many
Ihave the basic idea, but since I have no money and plenty of time, the desing alternates lol. So currently this is what I am thinking of my next tat, still has the skull from my friendship ring but I put it in a quick sketch and as the eye of a peacock feather. I've really been digging the peacock feather tats I've seen on here.
2009-07-16_191022.jpg

Canadave

One Too Many
50sGal said:
This is what this forum is all about.....I dont need your 2 cents worth..............
THIS THREAD IS NOT FOR THE DISCUSSION OF WHETHER TATTOOS ARE ANTISOCIAL, IMPROPER, NOT YOUR THING, ETC.

THIS THREAD IS ABOUT YOUR ROCKIN' TATTOO.

I think this response was a tad harsh. I have a feeling that if cookie had described the exact scenario but had a positive thing to say about the sleeves, you wouldn't have complained. Cookie said nothing about tattoos being anti-social, improper or not her thing...she just gave her opinion of this particular tat.

analiebe

A-List Customer
this is my latest... this shapshot was taken by the tattooist just after it was completed 3 months ago -
the designs were taken from an original 1930's obi & kimono design catalogue & customised by fantastic tattooist adam kitamoto of ten-ten in melbourne - i really wanted something that was less of a traditional japanese tattoo style but more similar to japanese fabric design of the 30's.... i'm so so pleased with the result... its even more beautiful now than when it was fresh -the colour differences show up so much more now its settled...

will get some better shots up of it soon...

ten-tenshot.jpg

Antje

One Too Many
cupcake said:
brandspankingnew.jpg

heres my first tattoo, taken just after it was finished.
That was last december and I feel like I'm more than due for more.

Wow great tat, but you're first one? So heavy you put it on your foot for a first tatoo!
I have also a foot tattoo but It was nr4 and it hurt like hell,
I started saying very bad words to the artist, it was like the needle was coming out on the other side of my foot.

It even hurts thinking of it.

Edward

Bartender
pretty faythe said:
Ihave the basic idea, but since I have no money and plenty of time, the desing alternates lol. So currently this is what I am thinking of my next tat, still has the skull from my friendship ring but I put it in a quick sketch and as the eye of a peacock feather. I've really been digging the peacock feather tats I've seen on here.
2009-07-16_191022.jpg

Interesting combination. In Irish tradition, the peacock feather is very much associated with the banshee and death (I know folks who won't have a peacock feather in the house), so the skull would be an appropriate motif to include therein. There are also other traditions which associate the peacock with the vampire, which I suppose isn't a million miles away in subject - combination of death and glamour that suits the peacock well. not that any of this might be connected with your tradition, but either way, it looks good.

Tikismall

New in Town
IMG_5377.jpg

My hair isn't blue anymore (or as fabulous as i'd like) but here is my sleeve in progress!

I got the Peacock from wall flash by Bert Grimm. I love his art and my second tattoo of the leopard on my sleeve is another one of his original flash.

I plan on getting more roses and Peacock feathers on my right arm and then I am fini!
Hope you like em!

img_5378.jpg

Grant Fan

Practically Family
kamikat said:
Wow! I didn't realize she was in the DC area! I've been thinking about getting one a lot recently. I might have to go check her shop out.

You really should Cynthia is amazing and totally worth the trip. I am actually going to try to see her during spring break to get one on my other leg.

Grant Fan

Practically Family
wow everyone has such beautiful tattoos, I must admit I see some of them think how mine felt and all I can think is how did they put up with that. But they are all fabulous

mike

Call Me a Cab
sixsexsix said:
mike that horror sleeve gets my two thumbs up! :eusa_clap

Thanks! I'm pretty thrilled with it! It's taken most of the decade to have me and my tattoo artist in the same state for long enough periods of time! For my next one, I plan on getting King Kong on the Empire State Building but done in the Futuristic style and composition of Nude Descending Staircase....!!!! Think about it, is that brilliant or or or what?! lol

sixsexsix

Practically Family
I am trying to imagine this....and can't. lol Please post a photo when it's done so my brain doesn't explode.

mike

Call Me a Cab
sixsexsix said:
I am trying to imagine this....and can't. lol Please post a photo when it's done so my brain doesn't explode.

Mixing this content:
king_kong_2.jpg

with these aesthetics:
Duchamp_-_Nude_Descending_a_Staircase.jpg

Think it's too much of a stretch? Isn't the Empire State Building just one big staircase to (the stark naked) Kong anyways?! lol

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy