Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Signs of the Decline of Civilization

reetpleat

Call Me a Cab
Warbaby said:
A pimp suit for kids - now available from Amazon for only $39.95.

pimpsuit.jpg

I'm not particularly offended, but the concept boggles my mind a bit. Jeez, what's next - Ho' outfits for little girls?

Didn't notice if it was mentioned before, but along with the obvious glorification with the idea of a pimp, I also find these very racist. It is obvious a character of a black style. I don't know whick I would find moreoffensive, a black guy wearing one or a white guy. Either way I guess.

and as a card carrying fl member, I am also offended by the cheap suit. Only one step away from the cheap zoot suit they sell.

HungaryTom

One Too Many
Smuterella said:
these are the "average" English woman, apparently. This is them "dressed up" for the annual Grand National horse racing event.

I saw beautiful English ladies at the lounge thread - they are also 'average' i.e. not stars or alike. There is nothing wrong if a woman has more substance over the years the only problem is when she thinks that she can still wear the same style in what she was gorgeous at 14-15. And yes even those women could look great but not in those clothes!

Dr Doran

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Death in June said it best.

"They're making the last film
They say it's the best
And we all helped make it
It's called the Death of the West."

(Actually, looking again at those lyrics, they're not particularly impressive. Perhaps it was the way they sang it. Their masks didn't hurt, either.)

Harley Quinn

One of the Regulars
Fleur De Guerre said:
Don't forget these are mostly Liverpudlian WAGs and WAG wannabees. Ladies Day at Ascot is still a bit more classy.

I believe I described them to a friend as 'ferret faced scallies looking to hook a rich old guy'

Sic transit gloria Britannia...

Harley Quinn

One of the Regulars
LadyStardust said:
Oh dear..... :eusa_doh:
I'll give that article one thing, though. The writers are pure MASTERS of bs.
Take for example, this delightful picture:
Aintreefashion1_468x454.jpg

Of all the things that could be said, this is what the blurb stated:
"Girly pink and floaty fabrics were the order of the day for these race-goers"

I also like one of the comments at the bottom of this article:
"Mirrors, they're a great invention..."
It's too bad none of the attendees made use of one! :rolleyes: :eusa_doh:

Also, why do 90% of the women look like they're 15 or under(and not in a good way)? Is this normal?

and pink gingham is NOBODY'S friend...

JazzBaby

Practically Family
Harley Quinn said:
and pink gingham is NOBODY'S friend...
Hey! I happen to be the owner of some pink gingham pieces! :eek:

Nothing like that though. Very Sandy from 'Grease'. lol

JazzBaby

Practically Family
jamespowers said:
I am sure your dress looks much better. The one above looks like and extended apron or some such thing. :eusa_doh: :p

And let's not mention the poor fit, the poor accessories and the fact that she's twenty-odd years too old for it... :p

Warbaby

One Too Many
reetpleat said:
Didn't notice if it was mentioned before, but along with the obvious glorification with the idea of a pimp, I also find these very racist. It is obvious a character of a black style. I don't know whick I would find moreoffensive, a black guy wearing one or a white guy.

Glad someone picked up on that. I'm not easily offended, but that was one of the first things that struck me about this. If they'd shown that pimp suit on a black kid, they would have been besieged with outrage.

MaryDeluxe

Practically Family

Smuterella

One Too Many
Harley Quinn said:
I believe I described them to a friend as 'ferret faced scallies looking to hook a rich old guy'

Sic transit gloria Britannia...

but its not just the Liverpudlians, they are everywhere, these women. I see them everywhere, this was just a particularly bright display, for mating season I assume.

Harley Quinn

One of the Regulars
JazzBaby said:
Hey! I happen to be the owner of some pink gingham pieces! :eek:

Nothing like that though. Very Sandy from 'Grease'. lol

OK, the fact she appears to have converted a dinner lady's smock for the occasion made me say that...

Fletch

I'll Lock Up
HungaryTom said:
I saw beautiful English ladies at the lounge thread - they are also 'average' i.e. not stars or alike. There is nothing wrong if a woman has more substance over the years the only problem is when she thinks that she can still wear the same style in what she was gorgeous at 14-15. And yes even those women could look great but not in those clothes!
Tom, I agree completely. We Westerners have a curious idea that beauty is youth, youth beauty. Tell me, do Hungarian women fall for such foolishness? I've long believed they are the most beautiful in Europe - certainly more so than the much praised French or Italians.

Harley Quinn

One of the Regulars
Fletch said:
Tom, I agree completely. We Westerners have a curious idea that beauty is youth, youth beauty. Tell me, do Hungarian women fall for such foolishness? I've long believed they are the most beautiful in Europe - certainly more so than the much praised French or Italians.

but when did 'youth' become a beered up hen party of Vegas Strip hookers?

Foofoogal

Banned
ROFLMBO. This has to be the funniest thread I have ever read on the FL.
MaryDeluxe has me crying.

Alex Curran (her black and pink either wasn't that bad or looks best among the oh so uglier ones. )I sort of like the pink dress with large pink hat also with the black shawl draped on her arms. Not the other awful pink one.
Isn't it strange I just have such a desire to find something to compliment in those trainwreck photos. I am foofoogal BTW. Like in foofoo.

HungaryTom

One Too Many
Fletch,

We have beautiful women - like each population has.
We have classy women and we also have ones who clothe like from a sex shop.
Our drunk women and men never look nice either.

Tom

Dr Doran

My Mail is Forwarded Here
HungaryTom said:
Fletch,

We have beautiful women - like each population has.
We have classy women and we also have ones who clothe like from a sex shop.
Our drunk women and men never look nice either.

Tom

Lot of dark eyes, dark skin, black hair in Hungary, n'est-ce pas? Or are there redheads and blondes too?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DPR