Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Something I'm missing?

Undertow

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Wait, so there is someone purposely rating the threads low? Someone doing so out of spite?

And this rating somehow effects the threads? And we're worried why?

I promise I'm not being sarcastic; I really actually want to know. This all seems kinda nuts!

Edward

Bartender
All I can suggest is don't feed the troll. Some people get off on attracting negative attention. If they don't get it, they soon disappear. I've never paid attention to the star system myself - it's a standard part of Proboards and is on a lot of forums I use, but I don't pay it any mind.

I've been on this board for six years and I didn't even know there was a light weight and heavy weight (?) forum format...much less that threads could be rated with stars. I guess I really am a computer dork.

AF

You and me both, Atticus. I know about as much about the workings of these gizmos as your typical 17-year-old girl knows about the workings of her automobile. In both cases, we just want it to work, and that's the extent of our interest in it.

As to the troll, or whatever title we might hang on him or her ...

G.B.S. had it about right when he said, "I learned long ago, never to wrestle with a pig. You get dirty, and besides, the pig likes it."

I've been on this board for six years and I didn't even know there was a light weight and heavy weight (?) forum format...much less that threads could be rated with stars. I guess I really am a computer dork.AF
...And I knew not about stars lolLightweight is SO much better - no garbage. No avatars (which is why I never used one) no colors, no mess!Try it.

DNO

One Too Many
Allow me to join in with the rest...who even knew there were stars? Why would anyone bother to rate a thread? Don't like the thread? So don't open it. Take your angst elsewhere.

I accidently got into the lightweight view once and decided I liked the colours and the avatars...so it's the full version for me.

LoveMyHats2

I’ll Lock Up.
I've been on this board for six years and I didn't even know there was a light weight and heavy weight (?) forum format...much less that threads could be rated with stars. I guess I really am a computer dork.

AF

Don't feel too badly, I have not a clue what that even means, nor how or what to do to make any options happen to do any of it....I just "go with the flow" of what is here...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CCRider