Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Stage Door

Kimberly

Practically Family
Did anyone watch Stage Door last night w/ Kate Hepburn?

I saw it for the first time and loved it. I watch a lot of movies for the fashion and it had a ton of gorgeous women's fashion that left me breathless in some instances.

I am so happy Katherine Hepburn is star of the month and I have been watching a lot of TCM this week because she has been in all of the night time films. :eusa_clap

Doctor Strange

I'll Lock Up
I didn't watch it last night (my cable provider scrambled TCM a few months back, and I refuse to upgrade to digital), but I have seen it many times. It's a great flick with an outrageous once-in-a-lifetime cast!

I think of it as more of an ensemble piece than a Hepburn star vehicle, though.

LizzieMaine

Bartender
A teen-years viewing of Stage Door was responsible for my wanna-be-a-snappy-talking-Eve Arden phase back then. I was also inspired to annoy many people for many years after with endless "The calla lillies are in bloom again!" Hepburn impressions.

What a wonderful film!

Nathan Dodge

One Too Many
It's on my top ten movies of all time list, so yes, I LOVE Stage Door! It opened me up to the wonders of Ginger Rogers and I probably discover new one-liners every time I watch it! (And I own it on DVD!). The banter between Kate and Ginger alone makes this one a must! Plus, Kate's emotional scene just before she goes on stage gives me chills, its so good. And anyone who thinks of Lucille ball as "just Lucy" will learn a lot about her great comic ability.

Also, anything with the "Quintessential Deco Dame", Gail Patrick, is always worth checking out!

Love it!

Nathan Dodge

One Too Many
I'm surprised more people haven't posted about this wonderful movie, so I'm bumping it up...

I should also mention that there's a nice audio version of "Stage Door" with Rogers and Rosalind Russell (who plays the piano player in the film) on the Stage Door DVD.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy