Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Dumbest Comment I Ever Heard

Status
Not open for further replies.
As I have described before:

The trite and vapid that move around us, immersed in poor dress traditions, filling their lives with unhealthy sports team obsessions to make up for a mundane day to day life and having a diminished background in film and history allotted by their MTV induced ADHD reduced learning and retention abilities are well pleased with themselves when an odd synapse fires and gives them some sort of connection to your appearence how ever tenuous that connection can be.

John in Covina said:
As I have described before:

The trite and vapid that move around us, immersed in poor dress traditions, filling their lives with unhealthy sports team obsessions to make for a mundane day to day life and having a diminished background in film and history allotted by their MTV induced ADHD reduced learning and retention abilities are well pleased with themselves when an odd synapse fires and gives them some sort of connection to your appearence how ever tenuous that connection can be.

I knew they should have never closed Agnew State Hospital around here. It just left tons of them on the streets. :rolleyes: :p

St.Ignatz

Call Me a Cab
equity space said:
Dumbest comment made to me because of my hat: "you have that thing on because you're bald, huh?" My answer: "No, I have a full head of hair, I wear it so I can single out the idiots like you."

Interesting. Many many years ago I was told that I was going bald because I DID wear a hat. It was "cooking my follicles". I'm guessing the sun was cooking their brains.
Tom D.

fluteplayer07

One Too Many
Aerol said:
I got it from the maitre d' at a decent restaurant while wearing a red golf shirt, a silver Marmot rain jacket and this hat:

http://www.optimohats.com/felt/fedorano9/

Confusing, very confusing...

Any restaurant decent enough to have required a golf shirt and a maitre d' should not critique anyone's clothing, regardless of how it may look to them. And then to come up with a cowboy comment?!? People need to GROW UP!

Aerol

A-List Customer
confused

I think that what really confused me was that I had been in the restaurant many times before, always wearing a fedora, and this was the first comment he had made. I think he may have just had a brain fart.

ScottF

Call Me a Cab
fluteplayer07 said:
Any restaurant decent enough to have required a golf shirt and a maitre d' should not critique anyone's clothing, regardless of how it may look to them. And then to come up with a cowboy comment?!? People need to GROW UP!

I've gotten the 'Cowboy' comment before as well. I think it's just that people these days aren't used to seeing fedoras, and some associate all wide-brim hats with Cowboys, just as some associate any wide brim with Indiana Jones. I'm sure some of us make lame associations as well when it involves subjects we don't know much about. I think the 'Cowboy' comments are just friendly remarks.

We might be quite dashing in our own heads, but our hats probably aren't the most important things on the minds of others <===bad double entendre

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ivan24