Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Few FW 2013-14 @ Mushmans

Ishmael

Practically Family
Thought some of you guys might find this interesting. Mushmans is currently holding a show for their collaborations with The Few for Fall/Winter 2013-14.

This one is still somewhat under wraps but I'm quite sure it's in blue Badalassi.

http://blog.mushmans.com/?eid=845

I'll stop over there sometime this week and take some pics.

Ishmael

Practically Family
I didn't realize it was an A-2! The knits blended in with the trunk. The blue is going to look pretty good with those gold knits, methinks.

Here is a comparison pic of a pair of engineer boots in the same leather (Badalassi Ortensia) new and after a few months wear.

majormajor

One Too Many
I didn't spot it either, straight away. And they pushed the wrist knits up the sleeves. Crafty.

That colour will look very cool with a pair of jeans:D;)

majormajor

One Too Many
Whenever they make an RAF jacket,reality goes out of the window.

I'm sure you are right, John, and purists will surely treat a blue A2 with disdain.

But nearly 70 years on, there are perhaps a few folks who look at an A2 as a style item to be worn, rather than a historical one to be collected.

For me, the fit is the most important thing (even though I have read Gary E's A2 book from cover to cover).

Horses for courses, I guess. Either way, it's certainly not RAF...........:D;)

Last edited:

John Lever

One Too Many
I'm sure you are right, John, and purists will surely treat a blue A2 with disdain.

But nearly 70 years on, there are perhaps a few folks who look at an A2 as a style item to be worn, rather than a historical one to be collected.

For me, the fit is the most important thing (even though I have read Gary E's A2 book from cover to cover).

Horses for courses, I guess. Either way, it's certainly not RAF...........:D;)
I think that it asks the question 'how accurate are their other A-2's ?' The phrase ' fantasy jackets ' has been used before.

majormajor

One Too Many
A blue Aeromarine?

aeroblue.jpg

:D;)

Ishmael

Practically Family
That's hot. Would work well for Easter. Like a giant pink peep.

The FEW do strict repros, but they also do updated, modern fits. BUT, my choice for an A-2 would be Rainbow Country. They are a slimmer and trimmer than any of The FEW's models and on the same quality level. For skinnier guys not after a strict repro, the RC are where it's at. I think RC will be doing a show at Mushmans in the next month or so. Will be interesting to see what's on offer for F/W.

John Lever

One Too Many
That's hot. Would work well for Easter. Like a giant pink peep.

The FEW do strict repros, but they also do updated, modern fits. BUT, my choice for an A-2 would be Rainbow Country. They are a slimmer and trimmer than any of The FEW's models and on the same quality level. For skinnier guys not after a strict repro, the RC are where it's at. I think RC will be doing a show at Mushmans in the next month or so. Will be interesting to see what's on offer for F/W.
Please can you post a link to RC ?
Thanks

Ishmael

Practically Family
RC doesn't have a website. They are manufacture only, and have no advertising at all. That's supposedly part of where there "cost performance" comes from. Although these days it would sure seem that the barriers to entering "advertising" are pretty low.......

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DPR