Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

the morning routine

mysterygal

Call Me a Cab
While having my second cup of coffee this morning I realized that my morning routine rarely varies at all...wondering...is it the same for you guys?
here's mine..wake up, first and foremost have my cup of coffee, make breakfast , then cuddle up with my girls on the couch and watch morning cartoons with them for 30min then it's time for the getting ready for school rush.

Mycroft

One Too Many
I puposly broke down my morning rouutine into 5 minute groups so I can leave the house at the same time and wake up at the same time.(I know I am such a nerd, or just a fan of B. Franklin) That is workdays and weekdays though. So here is the routine: 5 minutes get dressed, 5 minutes eating breakfast, and 5 minutes brush my teeth etc. in the bathroom. And out the door like clockwork. If I go out of order I am late too and forget something.

J. M. Stovall

Call Me a Cab
Up at 5:30 for a short run. Back for a shower and dressed by 6:30. Make my daughters lunch and pack some leftovers for mine. Wake up my wife and daughter at 7:00, and have breakfast with her while my wife gets ready. Then it's the fun of getting my daughter dressed and teeth brushed to get to school by 9:00 (preschool, she's 4). Kisses all around then we all head our separate ways.

Morning! Is the coffee ready?

The morning can vary in detail depending on work day or weekend, but the single driving force is to make a pot of coffee. Who ever is up first is duty bound to select the type of coffee, put in the filter and ground beans, rinse the pot and fill the maker. Flip the switch and let'er rip or drip that is.

In regular type canned stuff we will use MJB Hawiian Blend or Don Francisco's Hawiian blend. For a change of pace Maxwell House robust, Melita and even Chock full of nuts.

(Here is the old jingle as heard on radio: "Chock Full of Nuts is such heavenly coffee, heavenly coffeee, heavanly coffeeee! Chock Full of Nuts is such heavanly coffee, better coffee a millionaire's money can't buy!")

Then sometimes I will buy a variety of whole bean coffees from --- TRADER JOE"S! They have a coffee from New Mexico that's pretty wild, tastes very chocolatey but no choclate. Or go to Cost Plus to see if they have any Peaberry, that is usually good.

I usually knock back a huge slug with a little sugar and some milk in a quart sized Grannywear / granite wear blue enamelled mug.

I usually don't eat for about an hour or 2 as I have no appetite when I wake up.

C-a f-f-e-e trink nicht zo viel kaffe!

Arbuckle was a big brand in the west at the time of the cowboys. Coffe was thick and hot and drank often to excess. If you have ever done this it is frightening. Too much caffine can give you heart palpatations and back then they were called "the Arbuckle Thumps!"

Best wishes!:coffee:

"Doc" Devereux

One Too Many
Wake up anywhere between six am and lunchtime, depending on how late I was up the night before. Fire up the computer, make tea, come back and check email, board postings, news and comics while drinking the tea. Consider breakfast, and make it if the mood takes me. Bath, shave and dress, then take a walk to the shops for any supplies I might need (I shop small deliberately to make myself do this) and to complete the process of actually waking up. Get home and start work.

AtomicBlonde

One of the Regulars
my mornings...

I wake nearly every morning to the sound of my alarm clock at about 7:15. I hit snooze until 7:30, sometimes 8 depending on how sleepy I am. Right about now I start grumbling because I hate mornings, and I hate getting up out of my oh-so comfy bed. I shuffle to the kitchen, saying hello to my goldfish Buddah on the way... then make tea. (I cant stand coffee, and a month in the UK got me addicted to tea... although it took me months of looking to find a tea as good as I had over there. ) Drink tea, light a cigarette, check email, check message boards. By now I'm kind of awake, so I head to the bathroom... look in the mirror grumble at myself then take a shower, do my hair and makeup and head out either to class or work.... usually forgetting either my keys, wallet, books, notebooks, or something I need for the day. I lock myself out of my car and apartment on a regular basis. I am a blonde, after all. :rolleyes:

otterhound

One of the Regulars
Don't any of you have dogs?

I have 4 toy poodles and no kids, so it is all about the dogs in the morning.

Get up at 6:30. Let poodle 1 out. Go out with poodle 4 and supervise him (he eats nasties). Bring poodles 1 and 2 back in. They both have muddy feet. Wash their feet.

Eat some toast. Check email and read until wife gets up.

Wife and poodles 2 and 3 get up. Give poodle 3 her medicine. Clean morning crud out of eyes of poodles 1, 2, 3 & 4. Wife feeds all 4 poodles. Let all 4 poodles out.

Make breakfast for wife.

Bring all 4 poodles in. They all have muddy feet. Clean 16 muddy poodle feet. Go outside and clean up 4 poodles' worth of poop.

Shave, dress and go to the office.

Mr_Misanthropy

Practically Family
otterhound said:
I have 4 toy poodles and no kids, so it is all about the dogs in the morning.

Get up at 6:30. Let poodle 1 out. Go out with poodle 4 and supervise him (he eats nasties). Bring poodles 1 and 2 back in. They both have muddy feet. Wash their feet.

Eat some toast. Check email and read until wife gets up.

Wife and poodles 2 and 3 get up. Give poodle 3 her medicine. Clean morning crud out of eyes of poodles 1, 2, 3 & 4. Wife feeds all 4 poodles. Let all 4 poodles out.

Make breakfast for wife.

Bring all 4 poodles in. They all have muddy feet. Clean 16 muddy poodle feet. Go outside and clean up 4 poodles' worth of poop.

Shave, dress and go to the office.

You mean you don't work for the poodles?

mysterygal

Call Me a Cab
wow, reading on what you have to do for your poodles made me realize you pretty much do have kids. Actually they kind of are in a way, I have two dogs, a laso aphso and a rat terrier, you reminded me that before I can even get to my coffee pot, the dogs need to get out.
The last couple of weeks my oldest daughter's (she's 9) been wanting to drink a cup of coffee with me...it's really cute, of course I've got to make her's super sweet which to me isn't really coffee when you do that to it, but it's become our morning mother-daughter bonding thing

Brad Bowers

I'll Lock Up
I live in a cat house.

We have, at the moment, five adult cats, one of whom will be 19 years old on Saturday. We also have five 13-week-old kittens, and seven 1-week-old kittens. 17 cats might be too many.

Needless to say, morning feeding time is a zoo!

We don't run a shelter, just have a heart for strays. The mama stray and her seven newborns will be going to the shelter soon, we hope. We're trying to figure out if we can manage with just nine cats, but our next landlord wherever we end up moving might have something different to say.lol

Brad

Briscoeteque

One of the Regulars
I wake up, and if it's a weekday I talk myself out of bed, and if it's a weekend I stay in bed until I get bored. Then I absolutely must shower. It's not even a question. I then get dressed at a lesuirely pace, and if there is time, I eat breakfast.

scotrace

Head Bartender
Staff member
Up at 6:30.

The next chapter of my life is then "Fight."
Fight for space in the bathroom. Fight for a coffee mug. Fight for a corner of the bathroom mirror for shaving. Fight for a washcloth with no makeup, fake tattoo crumbs, or red tooth-dye on it. Fight for enough hot water to shower. Fight for the last of the cereal (often: for the last drop of milk.) Fight closet pileup for shoes. Fight heavily starched collar down over necktie. Fight to get two minutes to check email and see what new treasures you folks have found. Fight to step around, over, or through the three bulldogs.

See, I live with three women, and three bitches.

lol

Lena_Horne

One of the Regulars
Marc Chevalier said:
Wake up a 4:00 am and go to the outhouse. Light coal-burning stove and kerosene lamps. Walk to the well for water. Grind coffee and cornmeal; make bread.

Not!

A little too early-twentieth century for me, but I love it. I'm thinking, wake up at five, put on the percolator. Shower if I haven't done it the night before. Start breakfast, eggs, toast and juice (from scratch), and wake children. Get them dressed and at the table. Everyone eating while I replace my husband's freshly smudged tie (mmm, jelly) with a new one, and quickly prepare lunches of left-overs (yum, deviled eggs). Get him out of the door, followed by the children then attend to my daily wifely duties. Ah, the forties and fifties.

(By the way, none of this is my routine, just my dream-routine.)

L_H

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ALittleBitOfCompany