Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

TIME scraps LIFE magazine

lindylady

A-List Customer
Hi, everyone,

I just read on YAHOO news that TIME internds to stop the publication of LIFE as of April 20. It will still be available to read online. Check out Yahoo or Associated Press for the link. Unfortunately, I was unable to post it.

lindylady said:
Hi, everyone,

I just read on YAHOO news that TIME internds to stop the publication of LIFE as of April 20. It will still be available to read online. Check out Yahoo or Associated Press for the link. Unfortunately, I was unable to post it.

Some say they scrapped it years and years ago. LIFE was never the same after the large format change and less reliance on pictures. Before it was LIFE. Now it is DEAD. :(

Regards,

J

Doctor Strange

I'll Lock Up
"This thing we call existence,
Who knows what it all means?
Time and Life and People...
Are just glossy magazines"

from "The Last Man on Earth" by Loudon Wainwright III

MrBern

I'll Lock Up
Heres the Reuters report
LifeDead

BottomLine:
Although April 20 will be Life's last print issue, the brand name will survive on the Internet, Time Inc., a unit of Time Warner Inc., said in a statement.

It is the latest magazine to shut down as more readers desert print publications for online news and photos.

Sefton

Call Me a Cab
I almost (o.k.,actually) feel a bit of responsibility for this. I'm one of those people who gets most of their news from the internet and not magazines anymore. I think I'll go read my 1930's issues again...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DPR