Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

reaganmullins

New in Town
I hereby decline your future updates
The swift change in tone from being the first to express interest in the jacket to pure disdain after I declined to sell to you immediately is amusing. Best of luck to you on your journey towards a great J-24 of your own!

reaganmullins

New in Town
PSA: Thanks to those of you who spoke kind words and were willing to spread your knowledge. You’re appreciated!

AHP91

Practically Family
The swift change in tone from being the first to express interest in the jacket to pure disdain after I declined to sell to you immediately is amusing. Best of luck to you on your journey towards a great J-24 of your own!
Yes, you caught me trying to seriously purchase a jacket for which could be a women's size for all I know, and which is still on the market for "a price you can't refuse". I'm glad your thirst of knowledge was quenched (that is, your appraisal was met with some replies). Farewell, friend.

Madhouse27

One of the Regulars
I was thinking it might have been your disingenuous concern for anything besides your own wallet.

reaganmullins

New in Town
I'm seeing more and more people come on this forum for the wrong reasons lately. Not sure why anyone helps them.
I’m not sure what constitutes this as “the wrong reason” but feel free to explain!

There’s so much hatred on a post about a jacket and it baffles me. Petty qualms are just dividing people further.

dudewuttheheck

I'll Lock Up
I’m not sure what constitutes this as “the wrong reason” but feel free to explain!

There’s so much hatred on a post about a jacket and it baffles me. Petty qualms are just dividing people further.
You came on here basically to get info on how much you csn sell this jacket thay you just got which is pretty lame. Plus, your extremely passive aggressive attitude is irking many including myself. If you really cared about jackets, you would have joined here and interacted with the community before you bought this jacket, not afterward. It clearly shows your intentions. Plus, you contradicted yourself in regard to the seller as others have pointed out. Not a great first impression on this forum and first impressions are big here. Trust me.

It just feels like you're here yo brag about your score, get us to help you get money for it, and possibly even male thay money off of one of us directly.

You can say those aren't your intentions all you want, but the way you came on here makes it feel that way and it's too late to change that first impression.

reaganmullins

New in Town
You came on here basically to get info on how much you csn sell this jacket thay you just got which is pretty lame. Plus, your extremely passive aggressive attitude is irking many including myself. If you really cared about jackets, you would have joined here and interacted with the community before you bought this jacket, not afterward. It clearly shows your intentions. Plus, you contradicted yourself in regard to the seller as others have pointed out. Not a great first impression on this forum and first impressions are big here. Trust me.

It just feels like you're here yo brag about your score, get us to help you get money for it, and possibly even male thay money off of one of us directly.

You can say those aren't your intentions all you want, but the way you came on here makes it feel that way and it's too late to change that first impression.
Making a first impression and being judged are two different things. I’m more than happy to have a conversation with any and/or all of you! However, it’s difficult to do so when being spoken to in such a condescending tone. I’m doing my best to share more of my collection, the majority of which is denim, and I’ll be trying to do so more often as time goes on. I work quite a bit and this has now become more of a hobby than a job hence my asking for help. I don’t think it’s wrong to ask for help when it comes to value but, then again, I could be wrong.

I thought that the jacket would be appreciated, not met with such conflict. I never mentioned that I was selling at this time, I’m not looking to make a quick dollar off of anyone. If/when I am ready to sell, I’ll be making a separate post for those that are interested.

All are free to join our open and leather-loving forum. I’m sorry this conversation is going south, but recently we’ve seen an influx of one-timers showing up to either shill or profit from our experience. They quickly disappear…I hope you’ll stick around and engage with our community.

Last edited:

reaganmullins

New in Town
All are free to join our open and leather-loving forum. I’m sorry this conversation is going south, but recently we’ve seen an influx of one-timers showing up to either shill or profit from our experience. They quickly disappear…I hope you’ll stick around and engage with our community.
Thank you for the kind words, they mean more than you know. I’m doing my best to navigate the forum as I’m not necessarily familiar with the format, but I’m sure I’ll get the hang of it with time. I’ll do my best to learn more and continue posting as I go along!

This place is (usually) different than other snarky forums…and we take pride in that. I’m looking forward to your insights, and seeing your collection. As a vintage dealer (there are others here too) you have a different perspective than us hobbyists. Just beware that early morning and late-night posts are also subject to “outside influences.”

Brandrea33

One Too Many
If it makes anyone feel better … I usually sell my jackets at a significant loss lol

I can honestly see both sides of the argument. Time will tell as they say, but I like to give folks the benefit of the doubt.

mumpy

A-List Customer
I am, in many instances, a “flipper”. I sold vintage clothing and antiques as my main source of income for years. However, leather goods are not my “forte”. With that being said, I am passionate about the jackets and their history and I’m here to learn more.
So you are a flipper (nothing wrong with that) and have sold vintage clothing as main source of income for years.

Then you say that you've gone back to the original seller and sent her more money, like what, you wouldn't know what it is worth to begin with or you would cut from your profits just to be nice?

Doesn't sound like a very good flipper or just full of crap to be honest.

jeo

One Too Many
EDIT - I messaged the seller and sent them some more money, I felt as if it was fair to do so. Hopefully that clears any confusion and puts minds at ease.

The seller did confirm to me that you sent her more money. Kudos to you.

There's absolutely nothing wrong with trying to make a profit, people do it here all the time. You spent the time and effort to acquire the jacket and you should be able make a profit without people being at your throat about it.

It's when people are disingenuous is when there's an issue. I didn't see that here. In contrast, the guy in the other thread that was mentioned resorted to calling people names, denying he was flipping and almost immediately listed for $2500 and he paid way less than what you paid.

Welcome to the lounge, hope you stick around and congrats again on the jacket.

reaganmullins

New in Town
So you are a flipper (nothing wrong with that) and have sold vintage clothing as main source of income for years.

Then you say that you've gone back to the original seller and sent her more money, like what, you wouldn't know what it is worth to begin with or you would cut from your profits just to be nice?

Doesn't sound like a very good flipper or just full of crap to be honest.
“Cutting profits” to send more money to the original owner doesn’t make anyone a bad flipper. If one thinks so, they haven’t spent enough time “flipping”. Dealing in vintage clothing isn’t all about “flipping”, that is only part of the battle. There is plenty of research that goes into learning about any item, especially items such as this jacket. With that being said, I have a fair grasp on the market and anyone can check eBay “sold” listings, I just wanted more information from a group of people that are familiar with the subject. I feel as if there’s nothing wrong with that. Please correct me if I’m wrong.

reaganmullins

New in Town
The seller did confirm to me that you sent her more money. Kudos to you.

There's absolutely nothing wrong with trying to make a profit, people do it here all the time. You spent the time and effort to acquire the jacket and you should be able make a profit without people being at your throat about it.

It's when people are disingenuous is when there's an issue. I didn't see that here. In contrast, the guy in the other thread that was mentioned resorted to calling people names, denying he was flipping and almost immediately listed for $2500 and he paid way less than what you paid.

Welcome to the lounge, hope you stick around and congrats again on the jacket.
That’s unfortunate when speaking about the other thread. With that being said, I do my best to be as respectful as possible no matter who I’m dealing with.

And thanks for checking with the seller! Honesty is something I take very seriously and I’m one to keep to my word.

Hopefully people can see your comment and move on in that regard.

It hasn’t necessarily been a warm welcome, but I’m going to do my best to stick it out (thanks to you and the folks that have also been kind). Thank you for your kindness, it’s very appreciated!

dudewuttheheck

I'll Lock Up
Nome of this is adding up. If the OP is an experienced vintage reseller, why did he not already know what the jacket is worth and why did he need to come on here to ask us about the value? That makes absolutely no sense to me.

I apologize if myself and others are being harsh, but this all appears quite disingenuous to me. Of course, things don't always come across clearly on the internet. I hope I am wrong.

Certainly, I'll be happy if the OP becomes a great contributing member to this forum. I got off on the wrong foot with a lot of members that I quite like a lot now.

@reaganmullins to answer your last reply to me: the way you posted does not come off like you are just sharing the jacket. The fact that you said you aren't sure if you paid fairly and then only a post or so later immediately say you're willing to sell it for the right price comes off extremely poorly. To myself and many others here, that makes it seem immediately as if you are taking advantage of the knowledge on here and the members on here. That may not have been your intention, but that's how it appears. We have had many people do the same thing recently, hence the hostility.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner