Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

We're Back From The BRINK!

MK

Founder
Staff member
Bartender
I am so glad to be able to post this....finally.

My company was launching a new site yesterday. The designer created a database on the server that accidentally caused a problem with the Fedora Lounge data base. The designer worked almost around the clock to fix this. It is very hard since we have eight thousand members, twenty nine thousand threads with over a half million posts! The joint is large.

I am going to look into creating a different kind of backup to avoid such a long fix if this were to occur again.

Welcome back! Drinks on the house!:cheers1:

Woodfluter

Practically Family
Good to see you back...I was going through withdrawal symptoms.

I feel for your database guy. Sorry this became such a big deal for him! As for the drinks on the house, I seem to have anticipated that already.

- Bill

Woodfluter

Practically Family
desi_de_lu_lu said:
All of our Avatars are gone missing too! ah well.. paranoia over with.. phew!

Hey, an opportunity to download new ones! A fresh start without the trauma of fire or flood.
- Bill

scotrace

Head Bartender
Staff member
Perhaps I am speaking beforehand but as we've been coming back in chunks and bits the past few hours, I'd give it another 24 or 48 hours before we talk too much about what's missing. Have faith that all will be as it was. PM messages and avs are likely just not loaded yet, along with some posts.

I hope. :)

MK

Founder
Staff member
Bartender

Some of the files are still aren't back online.....such as PMs. I am sure avatars will return. We should be able to get most of the place back. Though there might be a few posts lost. At this point I am just glad to have what we do. I was worried we had lost it all.

sixsexsix

Practically Family
Miss_Bella_Hell said:
Classifieds and Events are empty too. I'm trying to find the address of a Lounger to whom I sold a dress!!

I think that's me! Email me at mymichelleatgmaildotcom and i will send it to you :)

Glad the lounge is back!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HughGDePoo