Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

We're Back From The BRINK!

imoldfashioned

Call Me a Cab
In some threads (What Are You Reading and my beloved What Are You Wearing Today? for instance) it says there are posts today but I can only see posts up until March 08--is this happening for anyone else?

Midgetqueen

New in Town
Mike K., I've noticed the same thing in the new-member introduction thread here in the Observation Lounge. I posted, but it's not showing up! Same with quite a few other threads. So I'm really not just losing my mind then!

Mike in Seattle said:
And John needs to do that right away, so you have the information in hand so you can leave for the Bahamas right away for the final step in that security fix, right? ;)
THere isn't enough finances to get him out of the state let alone the Bahamas.

Midgetqueen said:
Mike K., I've noticed the same thing in the new-member introduction thread here in the Observation Lounge. I posted, but it's not showing up! Same with quite a few other threads. So I'm really not just losing my mind then!
Yeah, this is the nice thing about having things set to auto-email you every time somebody posts a new reply--even though it means Alt-Tabbing between FL and my email...

Lady Day

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
imoldfashioned said:
In some threads (What Are You Reading and my beloved What Are You Wearing Today? for instance) it says there are posts today but I can only see posts up until March 08--is this happening for anyone else?

Yeah, I think that is on parts not yet fixed. The posts are there (if you hit reply you can see them in the back log) but I think the links for those in the main threads are screwy.

LD

Mike in Seattle

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Mike K. said:
Has anyone noticed on some threads (especially those with lost pages) that your most recent posts do not appear? I was just over at the Adventurer's thread, that now stops at page 96, and tried to make a post. All indications are that a post was made but nothing appears. Posts from many other members made since the server meltdown also do not appear on the thread. It's as though the new posts are being attached onto the missing pages.
[huh] [huh] [huh]

Yep, I've noticed the same thing, but I figure they'll probably be back online at some point. It's a big mess to straighten out.

Story

I'll Lock Up
The Thread Eater of the Ether has attacked the Steampunk Thread. Stop.
Need assistance, much witty repartee missing. Stop.
Send help immediately. Stop.

bolthead

Good Question.....

GWD said:
When do we assume certain threads are lost forever? I just was checking out some of my favorite threads and some are entirely gone and some end off a few weeks back. Are things still coming back online or shall we assume they're lost?
This is a good one....one that I'm much curious about myself? [huh]

carebear

John in Covina said:
THere isn't enough finances to get him out of the state let alone the Bahamas.

With the price of gas and the road distances involved I can barely afford to get out of town.

Do you know any rich folks who need assistance? :D

Foofoogal

Banned
It seems like alot of people dropped off when this all happened. Is it just me thinking this? Maybe they are just busy but I hope they didn't think like me that I got locked out at first.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HughGDePoo