Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

We're Back From The BRINK!

Warbaby

One Too Many
Whoo - I didn't realize how much I'd become hooked on the FL until it wasn't there anymore. Scary. Gave me a serious case of the willies. When it wasn't back up this morning, I began to suffer the heebie-jeebies. If it hadn't come back online when it did, I'd prolly have the screaming meemees by now.

MrNewportCustom

Call Me a Cab
In case it isn't my computer, I'm only seeing about 1/10th of member avatars, and on at least one thread I can't go past page three.

Regardless, it's good to have the Lounge back up. :)

Lee

Joie DeVive

One Too Many
Warbaby said:
Whoo - I didn't realize how much I'd become hooked on the FL until it wasn't there anymore.

Me neither! Boy, did I miss this place!! I'm so glad to see it, and you all back! Thanks for your tireless work MK, and un-named techs!!:eusa_clap

carter

I'll Lock Up
WOW!

I've been on an extended vacation from the Lounge and just checked back in to see what's up.

MK, congratulations on getting the beast restored. Kudos to your support team.

I look forward to catching up soon.

Fletch

I'll Lock Up
I'm just glad it wasn't due to malicious activity...pays to back up, in any case...
23_4_77.gif

Mike in Seattle

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Josephine said:
It isn't; at this time, at least, avatars need to be uploaded again.

Suggestion, as mentioned above - they may still come back. Uploading new ones may only cause problems, or your "old" avatar might be replaced, or the "new" one may disappear and the "old" one reappear as part of the restoration process. The Lounge has only been back online a little while - give it a little time. Scotty down in engineering's trying to get all systems back online as quick as he can, Cap'n! The webservers can-nah handle warp speed yet![/I]

patrick1987

One of the Regulars
(Wait a few seconds, the incomplete post becomes complete and in blue)
5 days until I can drink your avatar, Mike in Seattle, but not at my avatar which closed a few years ago.

There I was, truly alone, without the Lounge! :(
I fought back the tears. the feelings of abandonment and the rage that welled up inside me!
I steeled my resolve, don't worry they'll be back, I said to myself.
But then the unrelenting cravings began, Fedora Lounge withdrawl, it was horrible like an all posessing hunger, an insatiable hunger...
(Play theme from "The Man With the Golden Arm" here.)
Must....Have .... Feodra Lounge...Fix.... (Can't.. talk... at...normal..speed...)
:eek:
I tried everything to distract myself, took Max the Wunderdog for a walk and a ride. Tried cleaning the house, nothing helped, not even A&W Root Beer Floats! Then the Lounge starting coming back, the tighness in my throat was easing, no more cold sweats, the stammering and jabber stopped, then everything was all right again.

I much better now.

Snookie

Practically Family
I'm so glad to see everything up and running again...in the past few years a couple different online communities I was heavily involved in suddenly shut down, with no warning, at the whim of the administrator. One of them, based at my college, shut down about 10 days after graduation. It was devastating, honestly.

So I just want to say a strong THANKS! to everyone who's working hard to get things back online, and I'm extra happy to find out it was just a technical problem. (And like Nikki, I'm glad I wasn't personally banned, either! The thought did cross my mind... :) )

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akubraacornfawn