Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

We're Back From The BRINK!

Foofoogal

Banned
There I was, truly alone, without the Lounge!
I fought back the tears. the feelings of abandonment and the rage that welled up inside me!
I steeled my resolve, don't worry they'll be back, I said to myself.
But then the unrelenting cravings began, Fedora Lounge withdrawl, it was horrible like an all posessing hunger, an insatiable hunger...
(Play theme from "The Man With the Golden Arm" here.)
Must....Have .... Feodra Lounge...Fix.... (Can't.. talk... at...normal..speed...)

I tried everything to distract myself, took Max the Wunderdog for a walk and a ride. Tried cleaning the house, nothing helped, not even A&W Root Beer Floats! Then the Lounge starting coming back, the tighness in my throat was easing, no more cold sweats, the stammering and jabber stopped, then everything was all right again.

I much better now.

It really is quite scary isn't it. I used to hang out at all kinds of places till I found a home here. Some of us are very territorial I believe. I do work when I am online at FL by uploading photos and such to my stores but I honestly didn't know where to go or what to do.

GWD

One Too Many
When do we assume certain threads are lost forever? I just was checking out some of my favorite threads and some are entirely gone and some end off a few weeks back. Are things still coming back online or shall we assume they're lost?

dhermann1

I'll Lock Up
This insubstantial pageant . . .

Just shows what a delicate entity this thing is. Cyberspace is real only in a certain sense. Something to ponder.
Glad to see everybody. Thanks, MK, for all your efforts.

Lady Day

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
Abyss said:
The error message which we were getting said something about sending off an e-mail to the forum's administrators... I wonder how many thousand e-mails they got! lol

Enough that they removed that email link, so I bet a lot. :)
I just hope this last months of content returns. But Im sure they still have lots of rebuilding to do.

LD

MississippiLong

One of the Regulars
Heavens to Betsy!

I was worried, am still worried. But at least I can get my fix again. I have to browse a couple times a day or I can't make it....the cold was setting in. I stopped answering my phone-calls, numb all over, becoming cranky and short with my fiance.....

but the lounge is back, baby! no more jonesing!

Tango Yankee

Call Me a Cab
The thought that we may be losing Classic Style is bad enough, but the thought of losing the Lounge??? :eek: :eek: :eek:

The loss of all the information collected here would have been, in a nutshell, bad. It would never be able to be recreated. It would have been interesting, though, to see what the Lounge would have become had it been necessary to begin again from scratch. (I'm not advocating such a thing--just saying it would have been interesting to see!)

Database recoveries are tricky things. We're lucky we've got as much as we have back--hopefully in the end it will be close to a full recovery.

Regards,
Tom

ShoreRoadLady

Practically Family
The loss of all the information collected here would have been, in a nutshell, bad. It would never be able to be recreated. It would have been interesting, though, to see what the Lounge would have become had it been necessary to begin again from scratch. (I'm not advocating such a thing--just saying it would have been interesting to see!)

As sad as I am over losing the last month's worth of posts (and most of mine!), we now get "Choose Your Own Adventure" threads. :) Sort of a "Flip back the pages from the original ending, try another path!" thing.

Smithy

I'll Lock Up
Pleased the FL is back up and running. I see there's a lot of posts and threads after early April missing so I hope these can be recovered.

But for now it's nice to be back!

Rufus

Practically Family
Phew.... Thought I was going to have to go Cold Turkey there....

Thanks for getting us back up online MK.... made me realise how much I look forward to browsing the threads here.

:)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HughGDePoo