Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

We're Back From The BRINK!

freebird

Practically Family
Foofoogal said:
:eusa_clap :eusa_clap

yeah.. I thought y'all didn't like me anymore. I was going thru serious FL withdrawals. lol
:arated: My thoughts were along the same line. Fist thing I thought was, I musta did something really bad to deserve this.:eek: By the time FL came back online I was about as nervous as a long tailed cat in a room full of rockin chairs. lol

Dr Doran

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Lots of knowledge almost lost. Like the Library of Alexandria -- up in flames. Lost, forever.

Or like when the Romans sacked Carthage in 146 BC, and they distributed Carthage's library to the African nomad princes around. Now it's all lost. Untold hundreds (thousands?) of books in Phoenician. A world of Punic literature. Now we have zero. Lots of inscriptions and some translations into Greek or Latin of things that may or may not have original Phoenician sources.

This could have happened to us ... and the Deckard Dream of forever higher, smaller armholes ... lost -- all these things gone, as Baty says at Blade Runner's end "like ... tears ... in rain."

Someone make screen shots of ALL the pages just in case this happens again ...

Doran said:
Lots of knowledge almost lost. Like the Library of Alexandria -- up in flames. Lost, forever.

Or like when the Romans sacked Carthage in 146 BC, and they distributed Carthage's library to the African nomad princes around. Now it's all lost. Untold hundreds (thousands?) of books in Phoenician. A world of Punic literature. Now we have zero. Lots of inscriptions and some translations into Greek or Latin of things that may or may not have original Phoenician sources.

This could have happened to us ... and the Deckard Dream of forever higher, smaller armholes ... lost -- all these things gone, as Baty says at Blade Runner's end "like ... tears ... in rain."

Leave it to an ancient historian to liken the Lounge to the Library at Alexandria. ;) :p
To think, all that will be left of us is Grafitti. :p

MaryDeluxe

Practically Family
Doran said:

lol lol lol
Somebody better start writing this stuff down! :D

Mr. Lucky

One Too Many
Doran said:

Yeppers! Know exactly how you feel. Just like my shoe box filled with Bazooka Joe Comics! Gone, forever, alas!

Taggert

Familiar Face
indycop said:
Funny this site is about the golden era but the modern technology goes down and I was starting to feel all I am Legend waiting for the zombies.lol

this made me actually LOL IRL..:D

Thankfully the single most important thread ever written is still here, I of course speak of the Ladies of the Lounge thread ;)

indycop said:
Funny this site is about the golden era but the modern technology goes down and I was starting to feel all I am Legend waiting for the zombies.lol
But there's so much to do between the outbreak and the actual fight: cleaning the guns, loading 'em, building up Molotov-cocktails and digging ditches and setting traps... :p

@Doran: If MK consents, you roundup the webspace and I'll wrangle the mirroring software--I figure we'll need at least a couple terabytes...

JohnnyGringo

A-List Customer
I'm soooo glad the Lounge has returned, I was beginning to feel like I had lost my dog, or my best friend, or my best friends dog, or...I think you get the point! Whew! Very happy to see all of you.

Lady Day

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
There are a number of the longer threads in the PR that are missing in some cases a months worth of posts. I hope those come back :eek:

LD

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Grateful Fred