Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What are you doing.........

Emmababy

One of the Regulars
you're going to a café?

edit - i'm going to my friend Jonnie's house party, although he said no one is allowed upstairs and only certain people are allowed to stay after 2am. Yeah, good luck with that Jonnie.

Emmababy said:
you're going to a caf?©?
Miss Emma, I just sai it was only a possible option--don't know which is more pathetic, to conventional eyes...
And let's put it this way: the staff there are more like "family" than my own relatives--that, and the manager seems to like having me around to help keep an eye on some of the creepies when the late-night creepies crawl in... (Who am I to argue with free Internet access, anyway?lol Yes, I'm that much of a geek...:eek: )

Dinner with friends!

I got a monster Standing Rib Roast AKA Primr Rib it is about 6 ribs worth. We are going to make that over my friends house. it will be a nice dinner and movies afterwards. A beer, a glass of wine with dinner, maybe a cocktail and some general good cheer there.

Emmababy said:
...although he said no one is allowed upstairs and only certain people are allowed to stay after 2am. Yeah, good luck with that Jonnie.
Let's see...
Nobody upstairs? This is why the specs I'm setting for my place I plan to build for myself include cardlock doors, and any non-resident (i.e., just there for New Year's, as opposed to staying a few days) guests get their keycards restricted to "1st-floor-only"...

Overstaying? That, at least here, is when you call 'em in for drunk-and-disorderly and trespass... assuming the "look, I'm tired, I got stuff I gotta do tomorrow and I need my sleep" defense doesn't get them to move along...

@John: So THAT's where the beef went!lol

RedHotRidinHood

Practically Family
Going to see our favorite local band at a place we go to as much as we are able, probably have a lovely dinner beforehand. We don't usually get to go out NYE, so this is a treat. We are truly celebrating the passing of 2007, which we are very happy to say goodbye to. Bring on 2008 and all the good things we hope it will bring!!

$ally

One Too Many
RedHotRidinHood said:
We are truly celebrating the passing of 2007, which we are very happy to say goodbye to. Bring on 2008 and all the good things we hope it will bring!!
Amen to that, Sister!

MrNewportCustom

Call Me a Cab
Well, the cold I thought was going to take over my NYE has not materialized, thank goodness, so I'm up for anything. :) Knowing me, though, I'll probably be at home watching TV while wandering around the web (most likely right here in the Lounge. :rolleyes:)

I'm looking forward to 2008, now that I've found a direcion to go in my life. :)

Edit: Tomorrow, the 30th, we'll be going to my older brother's favorite restaurant and Tiki Lounge, the Bahooka, :eusa_clap :essen: in Rosemead, for his birthday. He worked at the original location in West Covina back in the '70s. It's known for having more fish tanks than most pet stores. lol (Another site.)

Come to think of it, I haven't seen this place mentioned here on the Lounge. :confused:

Lee

I really need a life! lol

pgoat

One Too Many
LizzieMaine said:
I'll be working -- running two shows of "Babel," with Brad Pitt, Cate Blanchett, and a cast of thousands. I suspect I might stop into the pub up the street for a pint of Guinness on the way home -- I'll probably need it after that show. But I haven't been to a real party in ten years....

That pint sounds good! Have one for me too! I miss some of the better pubs out on Long Island.....I'd planned to rush home from work tomorrow (I work in Manhattan) and avoid the insanity but now we just found out there was an awful sudden death in someone's family, so we may hang with them for moral support (long story, my wife's co-worker....she's had a rough year.)

KilroyCD

One Too Many
I might just go into the neighboring town of Strasburg, where I'm told they will be dropping hunreds of ping pong balls on the crowd at midnight. At least I hope they're ping pong balls, as my neighbor said a coworker thought it was to be golf balls! :eek: :eek:

Brian Sheridan

One Too Many
We are staying in with our 10 month old son, Bennett. TCM is holding a Astaire/Rogers marathon. TOP HAT at midnight - the perfect way to ring in '08.

I have lots to be thankful for this past year - including embracing my inner Lounger!

HAPPY NEW YEAR TO ALL OF YOU!!!!

Badluck Brody

Practically Family
...?

I was supposed to be on duty from 3pm to 11pm. However I'll be going back to the doc to have a restricted duty slip faxed... My dislocated shoulder is still giving me pain and hassles....Can't fight the good fight when your arm dosen't work. I just feel bad about having one of my coworkers cover for me on the holidays!!!

Well since I will be at home... Looks like I'll be celebrating the birthday of our triplets!!

Yes I said triplets!!!

Three years ago on New Years Eve... Samuel, Nathan and Emily were born!!

ContinentalOp

New in Town
I get to go to work! Wait...what?! :(

However, when I get home, I will be sampling some very nice 21-year-old single malt Scotch whiskey. :)

Mike in Seattle

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Quigley Brown said:
I'll do my partying on Friday night. There's a wonderful bar/restaurant down the street from me that has a fantastic happy hour (plus I got a gift card for there as a Christmas gift). Sunday night as a party night just doesn't appeal to me so I'll probably veggie in front of the tv.

But Monday night's New Year's Eve, not Sunday...so party on! ;)

And yep, Babydoll, upon further reflection, the watching the elevator rise on the Space Needle with the fireworks shooting off every second, and the ensuing nightmare of a traffic jam, and being pooped from doing our holiday dinner for a dozen Saturday night, where said idea was mentioned by one pair and their 16 year old son as THE thing to do, and my partner & various others all chiming in with "Are you insane?!?!?!" and "The traffic's a nightmare - it takes four or five hours to get out of there on New Years and Fourth of July" and "You'll freeze to death in the drizzle!" I'm liking the idea of just watching it on TV if a better idea doesn't come along.

UPDATE - Oooo, the Astaire-Rogers marathon on TCM sounds good to me!

TraderRic

One of the Regulars
I will be at work on NYE, but that's only because I live there:( . I'm at sea for another holiday - I'd let you know where but that's classified at the moment. My best friend and I plan on having a quiet evening watching a movie (she's been dying to see DeLovely), listening to the Miller & Goodman bands and toasting the New Year with some bubbly cider :cheers1: . I have an early morning the next day so it will probably end shortly after midnight.

In years gone by it was dinner at Sardi's (NYC), Die Fledermaus at the MET and drinks at O'neal's in top hat and tails. Last year was the first year in a long time that I was even awake (the kids were watching a Twilight Zone marathon in my room). That Astaire/Rogers marathon sounds fantastic. Now I'll have to go and get all the movies when I get back.

I hope there will be a thread in the next few days with pictures of everybody's evening so I can live vicariously though all of you!

HAPPY NEW YEAR LOUNGERS!!!

Badluck Brody

Practically Family
Hang in there my friend!!

...it's horrible to be away on the holidays!!

However we are proud of our men and women who serve and have to sacrifice... especially on the holidays!! So give our best to your pals and enjoy what spare time you can.

God bless and be safe!!

:cheers1:

Chas

One Too Many
House party at my friend's Dave & Kyla's pad. Dave works for Telus, a talented and personable cat, builds amazing hot rods (you ought to see the '60 Buick Invicta) and Kyla, the loveliest woman I know (making Dave the luckiest guy I know) runs an amazing flower shop in West Vancouver. I will be over there ringing in '08 and dancing with the gals.

Hep, hep!

Happy New Year, gang. Best regards for '08.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
johnmichael