Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What are your sartorial guilty pleasures?

carebear

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Fleur De Guerre said:
I wish I had a onesie. Just because it's a really funny word and I had never heard it before an episode of Scrubs, and now I hear/see it all the time! Funny how that happens.

http://www.pajamacity.com/hamburger.html?gad=CJzrntUEEgjKlEndt_g7lBiOmMH_AyDAzO0y

PJ-313-PK-1.jpg

kokopelli

One of the Regulars
Vans

I love my race day checkerboard Vans! Ron

deadpandiva said:
I love fitted tees with pictures or sayings on them. I have a bunch but I don't wear them out of the house too much. My favorites are:
Black t-shirt with a picture of patty McCormack from The Bad Seed
black t-shirt with a picture of Alan Rickman as Snap and the words Friend or Foe.
Green T-shirt that reads Karaoke Superstar.
White T-shirt that reads I don't like you on the front and don't cry on the back.

zaika

One Too Many
my chuck taylors. i love them always and forever. these days i only stick to black, though. growing up i had pink and turquoise. it was the 80's!!

Viola

Call Me a Cab
Tight, low-riding jeans. And the tighter yoga pants. Not very vintage. I'm too short to wear baggy pants, then I just look like I have no legs at all.

Several pairs of high-heeled boots.

Pink sneakers. (I love my pink sneakers, I claim they were caused by my hippie mother's refusal to "gender-role" most of my clothes when I was little: If I'd had them when I was six, I'd be over it now. lol )

Jovan

Suspended
Chuck Taylor All-Stars are great. They're no longer made in the US, unfortunately. I may give the low tops ones a spin though, because I was a little put off by the glued on logo patch with my high tops. They began peeling after only a month of wear. :mad: The monochrome black ones have a sewn patch and cost the same... it bewilders me why they can't do that with the regular ones. The low tops also have a sewn logo patch, but it's on the tongue instead of the side.

Which checkerboard ones do you have, rljsrubicon? Are they the slip-ons?

CharlesB

Suspended
Gotta agree with the CHuck taylors. I wear black lowtops with the white tips. In fact, I wear them all the time with my suits. People think I'm odd for doing it but they are just so damn comfy

erikb02809

One of the Regulars
Also guilty here on the wearing the Chucks bit. Also, T-Shirts with cartoon characters on them. I'm afraid some of the pics of me on my Myspace page are enough to give a vintage purist the heaves.

Tomasso

Incurably Addicted
Nostalgia aside, Chucks are, and always were, crappy shoes. [huh]

I bought my first pair in '69, for $8.99. :eek:

erikb02809

One of the Regulars
Perhaps going off on a little bit of a tangent here, but when I first started wearing them in my teens in the mid to late 90s, they were $20-$25. I had several pairs when I started college, and they ended up lasting me through graduation. Next time I bought a pair, it must have been 2002 or so, the price had gone up to nearly 40 bucks. It boggles the mind I tell ya...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
usleathermart