Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today ?

moehawk

I'll Lock Up
That's great work!
Buy some thimbles and a set of those magic goggles Max wears for crying out loud.

Sent from my LM-X410(FG) using Tapatalk

Very impressive work!!

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
Thanks guys!
Very cool hat, John and I think your best effort so far. I think Bob will approve, as he will of the name Banned Bob. It has sort of an outlaw ring to it, which suits him I think. Get the women and children to safety: Banned Bob is coming to town!
He is missed and really should be back here.
Thanks Stefan!
Yes, Bob is missed.
BTW, I think people hid their women and children even without the nickname... :D

moehawk

I'll Lock Up
Hey all!
The last of the line. Lord Hemingway's little brother, Earl. AKA moe-riginal No. 9

eda0d0d00bb744c15c597918abc43a61.jpg
add2afb1949991343a3bd585e86df77f.jpg
7359dcb44b0bd0dbc2f13f521cdfed92.jpg

Have a great day!

Powered by happy thoughts

AbbaDatDeHat

I'll Lock Up

Rmccamey

I'll Lock Up
Like many things, lack of interest in this disposable world is a big part. Like farming, capital $ are tough too for a start-up. I'm speculating, but I suspect Rick at Phoenix and Michael Gannon had to start small and build their equipment and business a little at a time. It would probably have been difficult if not impossible for them, or anyone else not already established, to buy a fully equipped hat shop.

Wow. That's not good. Maybe because there are too few young people interested, and those of us who would be feel we're 15 years past when we should have done it?
Buying it name and all would set a high mark to meet going forward. It doesn't seem like obtaining the financing would be a huge obstacle.

It's illegal to display such a fine hat!

View attachment 186360 Greetings All:
Today....Black cherry VS just because it goes well with my jacket.
Be well. Bowen

Hat and Rehat

Call Me a Cab
Absolutely. Any business minded person would have shown the customer their range of ribbons, come with suggestions, shown the customer how the ribbons look on their own hats, let the customer see, feel and try their hats, put the ribbon the customer chose on the customers hat and said, "hope to see you again sir, would you like to be on her mailing list."

Thus, a happy, satisfied customer willing to come again and maybe buy a hat or, at the least, recommend the hat store.

I've no doubt the new hat business is hard. Why make it harder by peeing off potential customers?

Now, I'll get off my soapbox [emoji145]

Sent from my HUAWEI VNS-L31 using Tapatalk
Expertly explained, Steve. It's the way business was built in those days that the Lounge celebrates. In my twenties I went into sales for a while. My paternal grandmother (who I mentioned elsewhere as assuring I was a sharp dressed tyke) mailed me books like Dale Carnegie's, How to Win Friends and Influence People. The how is that you serve their needs. In sales you are also a needs counselor, I suppose, and you hope to help them see a need for what you offer. After that though, you are offering to serve them to satisfy that need. I think it's a beautiful way for a society to organize itself.
We have somehow devolved to a society that demands. It is a tragic tale.
The Fedora Lounge seems to be an island, or maybe a lifeboat, for those who remember a different perspective on the world.
One thing I love about Ermatinger's book is that exactly what you described he considered scientific. We all get ahead together when we serve one another.

Hat and Rehat

Call Me a Cab
Hey all!
The last of the line. Lord Hemingway's little brother, Earl. AKA moe-riginal No. 9

eda0d0d00bb744c15c597918abc43a61.jpg
add2afb1949991343a3bd585e86df77f.jpg
7359dcb44b0bd0dbc2f13f521cdfed92.jpg

Have a great day!