Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today ?

Wonderful hat parade today, guys.

And sunrises and sunsets.

Stetson Imperial Sportsman today, Suede Finish. This hat has a great hand and is indeed suede-like.
c38beda4c97434f4d7097afdc1a469b9.jpg
7be0dd8abec5f0b6557413299d08c724.jpg
a75a617590da3e98bba575d104e4b560.jpg
fc4330168a02d434814fd8e326fe3f98.jpg

I guess that last one wasn't quite as focused as I thought. Sorry, should have worn my glasses!

Sent from my moto g(6) using Tapatalk
The suede finish has made you go all blurry eyed, Jim. It had the same effect on me. Fabulous.

A lot of chatter about this one, today. Insightful and helpful. I'm thankful for that. I want to be surprised at how little info there is on Stetson Canada but I'm not. N American hat history is so fragmented. I think, with the history of Stetson in Canada it's at least easier to narrow down the period when Stetson Canada would have produced such a hat. The sweat info Bowen came up with is something I have not read. Stetson's were only produced in the one factory in Canada as far as I know.
View attachment 188579 View attachment 188580
History is one thing, Greg. In the end it's still the hat that counts. And that one counts for a lot! Splendid hat.

Wyldkarma

One Too Many
Welcome to Vancouver! No good hat stores to speak of but let me know if you need any restaurant or travel recommendations from a local.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thanks for that offer, today is our last here. Leaving on a cruise in the morning. We're exhausted so tonight is the hotel restaurant, final packing and early bedtime . ;)

Steve1857

I'll Lock Up

OldStrummer

Practically Family
InVienna.jpg
I just returned from a walking tour of Vienna, Austria. Since I could only take one hat, I chose my navy blue Stetson Frederick, which I wore every day, everywhere. It coordinated well with my clothing, and kept my head and eyes protected from the late summer sun, wind and rain.

Oddly enough, although I saw plenty of hat shops (Hutverkäufer), the only hats I saw being worn by the locals were baseball-style caps or Euro-style caps. I guess hats really are out of style these days.

Well, as part of a group, we were asked to shoot photos that included others in the group, so as much as I don't like my picture taken, here I am pausing while walking through the gardens of Schönbrunn.
InVienna.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DapperBran