Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today ?

Steve1857

I'll Lock Up
Stellar Reg! Love that color. You always look so put together. Something to aspire to.

Good choice for carousing in Vegas. I am really behind on new hats, is this one vintage? I'll have to dig up the post about this great looking Stetson.

Perfect lines Fabio. Just wonderful!

I just want to reach into these images and pet the finish on this wonderful Borsalino. Is this color Misto Grigio? or just Misto. I have a long hair in this color.
Thanks, Mike. There is indeed a wonderful feel to the felt on this one. Curious name though.
92684f5c4af6895d1a5a4d4906c9f09a.jpg

Sent from my HUAWEI VNS-L31 using Tapatalk

Steve1857

I'll Lock Up
I am going to camp out on my surgeon's doorstep this morning. The infection in my hand is back, don't know why. Incredible pain and really gross. I assume they will give me another round of antibiotics. Grab and go hat is the early 1960s Cavanagh Thirty. Sinatra's favorite brand. There are images of Frank and the rest of the Rat Pack wearing this exact hat. View attachment 191061 View attachment 191062 View attachment 191063 View attachment 191064
Bummer, Mike. That's the last thing you need.
Great Cavanagh, but I hope to see a post from you soon where both you and the hat are swell.

Sent from my HUAWEI VNS-L31 using Tapatalk

Tukwila

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I am going to camp out on my surgeon's doorstep this morning. The infection in my hand is back, don't know why. Incredible pain and really gross. I assume they will give me another round of antibiotics. Grab and go hat is the early 1960s Cavanagh Thirty. Sinatra's favorite brand. There are images of Frank and the rest of the Rat Pack wearing this exact hat. View attachment 191061 View attachment 191062 View attachment 191063 View attachment 191064
I hope the doc fixes you up, Mike. You look good heading in!
Royal Stetson Open Road on this very windy and cool morning
IMG_7619 crop by Michael A2012, on Flickr
IMG_7620 crop by Michael A2012, on Flickr
IMG_7621 crop by Michael A2012, on Flickr
Nippy enough to try out the full Filson rig, too.
IMG_7635 by Michael A2012, on Flickr
IMG_7644 by Michael A2012, on Flickr
Have a good Tuesday,
Michael
Have any of you liked a post only to get a pop up asking Are you sure you want to like this post? This is about the 3rd time it's happened to me. If course I said yes! Looking good, Michael!

jonesy86

I'll Lock Up

Looking good Red, just like one of the pack.
Be well!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AbbaDatDeHat

I'll Lock Up
Hey Red:
Not to nosey or a know it all but....
That’s a long time post-op for an on and off infection at the surgical site. You don’t want to mess around any more with infections and bones. Beat that Doc up with questions and a care plan for the wound healing.
Wound Care centers, wound cultures for the correct antibiotic are relevant questions and concerns
Be the squeaky wheel!!
B

Randall Renshaw

Call Me a Cab
A VS gill featured hat to add a splash of color to a dark and rainy morning.

i-MDnD5sc-M.jpg

i-JGMdFS4-M.jpg

Best, Eric -

Seeing all your glorious gill ribboned fedoras has inspired me to try my hand at doing a modified version of it on one of my Cavanaghs that I found the other day. Right now it needs a new sweat sewn in and hat band. A smoke grey ribbon will look good on the 2 1/2 inch brimmed Cav. Anyway, when I get done with it I’ll post a pic, but I’m sure it’ll not measure up to any of your gilled beauts. Love your collection!

Randall Renshaw

Call Me a Cab
A Mallory Ten today. Great sharksgills and interesting brim treatment.
6f9f2851becab6798bf3ec40bfe6521a.jpg
300feaa4cff890014a5d39b61e61f456.jpg
dc1097fbd2ebe62abcc1177a6f4108a9.jpg
35ddd38cda2ffbb8375e16a4f5f454d3.jpg

Sent from my moto g(6) using Tapatalk

THIS is the gilled version I want to try out on my Cavanagh. Thanks for posting it, Fruno!
If I can make it look half that good, I’ll be happy.
And yes, that sewn brim treatment is a sweet feature. What does it look like under the brim? Same? Or does the edge ribbon span across the sewn tracks?
Regretfully, I have no Mallory’s. I lust at the ones I’ve seen at the Lounge and long for the one I may own... one day.

THIS is the gilled version I want to try out on my Cavanagh. Thanks for posting it, Fruno!
If I can make it look half that good, I’ll be happy.
And yes, that sewn brim treatment is a sweet feature. What does it look like under the brim? Same? Or does the edge ribbon span across the sewn tracks?
Regretfully, I have no Mallory’s. I lust at the ones I’ve seen at the Lounge and long for the one I may own... one day.

044da5300d77b65791465410bbe10b3f.jpg

The brim ribbon is wider on the bottom. You can only see the stitching from the top.

Making gills is easy. Keeping them aligned, straight, and tight while sewing them on is a whole 'nother ball of wax. I suggest not drinking before attempting it.

This is my first set of gills.
920bec84ebd20b9fac6f91a0aa1cc205.jpg

I got better.
220031ecfc86edd049cec7e9525f2ea6.jpg

But I still have a ways to go.

Sent from my moto g(6) using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RacerJ