Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today ?

Bill Hughes

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Trying out a Knox Homburg for the first time.

B0C51455-551A-4C76-8514-BEFF24D0DA3D.jpeg
5DA3C60B-FD4A-4E9F-A1A6-C5D917AC12CC.jpeg
B7F9690B-0ADD-4AFC-85A5-02263B376FCA.jpeg

Daniele Tanto

I'll Lock Up
Bright sun after two days of rain and grey
Panizza Blu 1.jpg

Super Panizza for the walk to my studio
Panizza Blu 4.jpg

The color of the felt is "Blu scuro" (deep blue) the ribbon and trim are of matching color
Panizza Blu 3.jpg
Almost black in full sun and more blueish in the shadow
Panizza Blu 5.jpg
This Panizza was made before the start of the eighties when the original factory was dismantled. Sold in Germany
Panizza Blu 2.jpg

Buon lunedì a tutti.
Today it is 101 years that the Great War is over, here in Italy and my thoughts go to the grandfather, Edoardo, who raised me. He had the misfortune to spend a good part of his youth fighting, first in Africa and then in the Italian mountains.
He was a mountain gunner of the Alpine troops and, above all, a quiet man

Michael A

I'll Lock Up
Great vintage menswear, Michael. Re-use is good use both for the environment and sartorial elegance [emoji4]

Sent from my HUAWEI VNS-L31 using Tapatalk
Thanks Steve. I don't have much in the way of new clothes, or hats for that matter.

Wearing my Bee Hats Fedora this evening. There's something truly film noir about an American Fedora. $6.50 got you a lot of hat back in the day.
58ca6832e7196d5b6405263d1c457d29.jpg
a63994564c18eb4a451ee8188466cb10.jpg
bb745080e8afdfa2a93a9e6794ded129.jpg
1ec352fe22584a7ca92a495d8c963a3c.jpg

Sent from my HUAWEI VNS-L31 using Tapatalk
A bee in your bonnet? That's a fine looking hat.

Stunning. One of my favorites, Michael.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thanks Jeff. One of my favorites, too.

The rest of my week...

4a9470d46f1d0ca06aa44f0f07a0ce5a.jpg
90323790bf33eea2c82ec351f59d5cc9.jpg
2c3989e5425c39c0bd10ddd926a92079.jpg
27b4823f3a8ed908c12f9e7182fd4142.jpg
c666e04fa38181a1682f72ff0c5a94e1.jpg

All great hats, but I'm very taken with the black/maroon homburg. That is fabulous.

Thanks all,
Michael

Hagwood

Call Me a Cab

Randall Renshaw

Call Me a Cab
I know it's blasphemous around here, but I'm going hatless today since it's a beautiful day in North Texas and I'm riding the bike. Gotta wear the helmet.....

View attachment 193609

View attachment 193610

Very funny, Mister Haywood. I suppose you may be forgiven...if your helmet is made by Stetson. [emoji51]
Nice bike!! You look righteous on it! Honda Fury is a sweet looking scoot! How do they ride?
I’m seriously in the market for a Yamaha Stratoliner. I guess I like the fedoras and the bikes.

Randall Renshaw

Call Me a Cab
IMG_0070.JPG
IMG_0071.JPG
IMG_0072.JPG

Today’s lid is my favorite slim brim. 1 7/8 wide. A Dobbs Twenty five. When stingies are this sweet, who couldn’t like them?
For my liking, a narrow brim is fine as long as the crown is tallish, with zero to very little taper. The only good taper is reverse taper. [emoji3]
However, I’m not against anyone’s taste in a fedora of ANY type. Fedoras rule!

Hagwood

Call Me a Cab
Very funny, Mister Haywood. I suppose you may be forgiven...if your helmet is made by Stetson. [emoji51]
Nice bike!! You look righteous on it! Honda Fury is a sweet looking scoot! How do they ride?
I’m seriously in the market for a Yamaha Stratoliner. I guess I like the fedoras and the bikes.

Lol, I haven’t seen a Stetson helmet yet.

I do have some packable BC leather hats that I throw in the bags when I’m riding, but haven’t wanted to chance it with a nice felt yet. I guess I need to find a good beater, I do have my eye on one on Goodwill.....

Fury rides like a dream for me, but I’ve always liked the Chopper style, lean and mean. I’m sure not as comfortable on long trips as a touring bike, but I’ve never been a bagger kind of guy. Love to take the twisties fast !!

AbbaDatDeHat

I'll Lock Up
View attachment 193643 View attachment 193642 View attachment 193641
Today’s lid is my favorite slim brim. 1 7/8 wide. A Dobbs Twenty five. When stingies are this sweet, who couldn’t like them?
For my liking, a narrow brim is fine as long as the crown is tallish, with zero to very little taper. The only good taper is reverse taper. [emoji3]
However, I’m not against anyone’s taste in a fedora of ANY type. Fedoras rule!

I have this same GC 25. The felt is impressive. It’s my stingy Inspector Gadget hat.
It pairs well with that nice leather jacket you are sporting. Bonus points!!
B

St.Ignatz

Call Me a Cab
Lol, I haven’t seen a Stetson helmet yet.

I do have some packable BC leather hats that I throw in the bags when I’m riding, but haven’t wanted to chance it with a nice felt yet. I guess I need to find a good beater, I do have my eye on one on Goodwill.....

Fury rides like a dream for me, but I’ve always liked the Chopper style, lean and mean. I’m sure not as comfortable on long trips as a touring bike, but I’ve never been a bagger kind of guy. Love to take the twisties fast !!
If I may suggest. Decal film from a hobby shop printed with a Stetson logo/name will solve the bubble cover dilemma.

Michael A

I'll Lock Up
Love that hat !

I can't seem to find a vintage Dobbs that's not a stingy brim......
Thanks Hagwood. Stingy Dobbs do seem to be more common. I think this one and the Hanover Square are the only ones I've found that are over 2".

Michael

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bergsma112