Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today ?

JFrank

New in Town
Fabulous, Michael. Now why aren't there more of these around?
Great photos! As to the "Why aren't there more of these around?" question. I had an older man stop and ask me about the Borsalino Como I wear daily and, I asked him the same question as to why there aren't more old hats around? He told me something I had never heard before. " Back in the day gasoline would pass thru a wool hat but water would not." he said he ruined a few hats that way. Anyone else ever hear anything like that?

Steve1857

I'll Lock Up
Thanks for the inspiration Steve! I am currently exploring the western dress fedora field but maybe I should keep an eye for a topper too ;)
9025c2209145bc312b5247f505c2c7da.jpg

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
Panos, you handsome devil, you [emoji145]. Great look, beautiful hat.

Sent from my HUAWEI VNS-L31 using Tapatalk

Steve1857

I'll Lock Up
Thanks, the color closest to the original is the one in the first photograph with the sun.
L'Habig è un gran cappello!

Thanks Steve, I smile because Habig is a great hat that accompanied me in the late afternoon to an important stage in life.
I went to apply for the retirement pension in the building where my mother started her working-class life seventy-eight years ago. These are the strange twists of fate:rolleyes:
A beautiful twist of life, Daniele. Habigs are great hats, but your mother and you, thanks to her, are wonderful, too [emoji145]

Sent from my HUAWEI VNS-L31 using Tapatalk

Daniele Tanto

I'll Lock Up
To stay within the theme: and now for something completely different!
Barbisio Granito Umbria

img_2026-jpg.199028
One of the strangest and rarest hats seen in production here in Italy where the search for taste has always been the master of the minds and hands of the hatters.
Barbisio was the most "experimental" of the Italian producers and this felt, made as a fabric for interiors, is the example.
The new version of the "Granito" is far better of the oldest one
Bravo Stefan!

Michael A

I'll Lock Up
Fabulous, Michael. Now why aren't there more of these around?
Thanks Stefan. I'm guessing all the original owners liked them so much they either wore them out or wore them into the grave. Ha ha.

To stay within the theme: and now for something completely different!
Barbisio Granito Umbria

View attachment 199028

Makes a Borsalino Nutria Opale with a double ribbon look boring (well, almost).
View attachment 199029
Super hats. That Barbisio is amazing.

Thanks for the inspiration Steve! I am currently exploring the western dress fedora field but maybe I should keep an eye for a topper too ;)
9025c2209145bc312b5247f505c2c7da.jpg

Great looking hat and great look Chris. I'm happy to see I'm not the only one with snow on the ground.

Forty years ago today, two big events happened in my life. My lovely niece (the doctor!) was welcomed into the world. She posted a shot on Instagram last night; she's surfing in Bali.

Now, I missed her birth, as I didn't meet her aunt for a few years. Forty years ago tonight, I was attending a show by The Who in Cincinnati.

Yes, that Who show.

Today, I wore my Dalton Waverly.

View attachment 199037 View attachment 199036

And since I forgot to post yesterday, Gannon Mr. Natural.
View attachment 199039 View attachment 199038 View attachment 199040

I forgot about Buford. I was thinking of the guy in the old Dodge ads.
View attachment 199041
Love that Dalton, Jim. I went to a concert something north of 50 years ago where the Who were the opening act for Herman's Hermits. I'm guessing it was their first tour of the states.

Was that blocked on one of the new Randal Alan 3-D printed hat blocks? Or did you iron it with this?

81XvDKDt0uL._SX466_.jpg
Speaking of which, what happened to those threads. I thought there were some interesting possibilities in those blocks.

Michael

Thanks Stefan. I'm guessing all the original owners liked them so much they either wore them out or wore them into the grave. Ha ha.

Great looking hat and great look Chris. I'm happy to see I'm not the only one with snow on the ground.

Love that Dalton, Jim. I went to a concert something north of 50 years ago where the Who were the opening act for Herman's Hermits. I'm guessing it was their first tour of the states.

Speaking of which, what happened to those threads. I thought there were some interesting possibilities in those blocks.

Michael

Thanks, Michael. That must have been some show. I never got to see Moonie.

Héctor Fernández

One Too Many
Dobbs Hanover Square for what is promised to be a sunny day
IMG_9172 crop by Michael A2012, on Flickr
IMG_9170 crop by Michael A2012, on Flickr
IMG_9179 crop by Michael A2012, on Flickr

Debating a possible bicycle ride today.
12-3-2019 Today's Clothes by Michael A2012, on Flickr
IMG_9182 by Michael A2012, on Flickr
Have a good day,
Michael
Oh heck, what can I say....[emoji1]

Bravissimo![emoji122][emoji122][emoji122][emoji122][emoji122]

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

PanosChris

Practically Family

Michael

Thanks Michael. Snow is here for almost a month now, on and off, not particularly happy about it though...

Michael A

I'll Lock Up
Thanks, Michael. That must have been some show. I never got to see Moonie.
As I recall they smashed up some old guitars and started a fire onstage. It was in 1967. There were 3 acts at the show and the Who were second. I always thought the first act was ZZ Top, but according to the internet they didn't form until 69. Three guys with huge beards and some really rolling rock that was totally different than the British sounds of the other two, as different as they were from each other.

Oh heck, what can I say....[emoji1]

Bravissimo![emoji122][emoji122][emoji122][emoji122][emoji122]

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
Thanks Hector.

Michael

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RacerJ