Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today ?

Héctor Fernández

One Too Many
My buddy Shooter wants to wish you all Merry Christmas... and insisted on a selfie

4ea99cfb428165f0274e146d05d5a34f.plist
2a5fbad09d4eff2ced1768766dafb5da.plist

Royal Stetson and an Eddie Bauer sweater I picked up in a thrift store

cf0bd4fb74ff148efd372b5a8199350d.plist

And as a parting gift this fine day... here is a pic of my sister-in-law’s as.... er.. emm.. Donkey.

813f7c8f795d5103cd25a61b449732d8.plist

Merry Christmas

Best,
Joe

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Merry Christmas Joe!

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Randall Renshaw

Call Me a Cab
My buddy Shooter wants to wish you all Merry Christmas... and insisted on a selfie

And as a parting gift this fine day... here is a pic of my sister-in-law’s as.... er.. emm.. Donkey.

Merry Christmas

Best,
Joe

You, with a huge grin and your buddy with a long face. What’s up with that ?
[emoji849]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You're rockin' the derby, Jack!! Nice!

Sent from my P008 using Tapatalk
Thanks Dale. I've been enjoying this vintage look. We have several historical events coming up in January, a couple in February in which I will probably wear it to. And of course culminating on March 17th. All I need is to find a wide lapel coat in my size.

Happy New Year to you as well.

IMG_6753.JPG

Hagwood

Call Me a Cab
Merry Christmas, FL family. I am still under the weather with post-surgery nausea and headaches. None of the painkillers they give me to use help any better than OTC Tylenol and the Rx stuff makes me feel more nauseas...

But that's why we had the kids over on the 14th-15th. So I haven't been wearing hats except for a few minutes around the house now and then.

All the best for all y'all!

Dang, sorry to hear about the rough recovery Doug. Hope you will feel well enough to enjoy some of the Holidays.

God Bless.

drmaxtejeda

I'll Lock Up
Merry Christmas, FL family. I am still under the weather with post-surgery nausea and headaches. None of the painkillers they give me to use help any better than OTC Tylenol and the Rx stuff makes me feel more nauseas...

But that's why we had the kids over on the 14th-15th. So I haven't been wearing hats except for a few minutes around the house now and then.

Hi, Doug. Have you tried this? It works really well on my patients post-surgery, and it doesn't have opioids.
The brand name Toradol isn't available in the US anymore, but there are others.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ketorolac

Sent from my SM-A705FN using Tapatalk

Tukwila

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Hi, Doug. Have you tried this? It works really well on my patients post-surgery, and it doesn't have opioids.
The brand name Toradol isn't available in the US anymore, but there are others.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ketorolac

They tried oxycodone, with and without Tylenol, and Fioricet. The latter was not noticeably effective in the least. The oxy didn't work unless I was up to 15mg every 4 hours, which made me severely nauseas. I lost several meals to the porcelain bowl using it and it didn't work any better than tylenol in relieving pain. I'll ask about toradol/ketorolac tomorrow. I generally stay away from NASAIDs because of serious stomach upset. I've been to the ER twice because ibruprofen flared up gastritis/peptic ulcer issues. I have had luck with an NSAID gel I picked up in Ecuador called Voltaren, though, and have not had stomach upset with it.

I woke up at 3am with a brutal headache; right temple running to the back of my head and down behind my ear. It didn't subside until this afternoon.

Zofran has been helpful in reducing nausea, thank heavens.

drmaxtejeda

I'll Lock Up
They tried oxycodone, with and without Tylenol, and Fioricet. The latter was not noticeably effective in the least. The oxy didn't work unless I was up to 15mg every 4 hours, which made me severely nauseas. I lost several meals to the porcelain bowl using it and it didn't work any better than tylenol in relieving pain. I'll ask about toradol/ketorolac tomorrow. I generally stay away from NASAIDs because of serious stomach upset. I've been to the ER twice because ibruprofen flared up gastritis/peptic ulcer issues. I have had luck with an NSAID gel I picked up in Ecuador called Voltaren, though, and have not had stomach upset with it.

I woke up at 3am with a brutal headache; right temple running to the back of my head and down behind my ear. It didn't subside until this afternoon.

Zofran has been helpful in reducing nausea, thank heavens.
Voltaren is Diclofenac, and it is a little tiny bit less effective than Dolac, which is ketorolac

Hagwood

Call Me a Cab

Merry Christmas

Best,
Joe

Great pics. Merry Christmas to Shooter, beautiful horse !

Sorry for the pain, Doug. It’s amazing what modern medicine can do and what it can’t do. You’d think they’d have pain management figured out by now.

Did they give you promethazine (Phenegran), or something for the nausea associated with narcotic analgesics? My wife has had Toradol via IM injections and it hasn’t been effective on her brand of pain, but I know that others have had success with it and I’d do about anything to avoid narcotics. Still, there is a place for narcotics and if one isn’t working for you they should be able to find something that does. I’m not a doctor, but I’d think they could figure something that works for you.

In any case, Merry Christmas and hopes for a speedy recovery. You have our prayers and faith, and we hope to have you back to fighting shape soon.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DapperBran