Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today ?

Steve1857

I'll Lock Up
Happy Holidays folks [emoji145]
07a2ca4b832ab4fe431ef382b51d62c8.jpg

Sent from my HUAWEI VNS-L31 using Tapatalk

Randall Renshaw

Call Me a Cab
Here’s a swell idea I just came up with for those of us without hand built hat safes,
ie : Doc Max! [emoji16]. I’m so envious!
If you’re not one to keep your hats in the box like me (so I can see them and enjoy looking at them) and you hang your hats on the wall, this trick will keep your hats from getting the little divots on the side of the hat body from the hanging weight of the hat on a metal screw hook.
Drill a small hole in used tennis balls and poke the ball onto the hook. Hang hat on round furry ball.
IMG_0242.JPG

I keep my hats rotated regularly so they don’t conform to the properties of gravity and get to see them hang as nice ornaments or decor on my walls.
I don’t know where else to post this so I’ll just stick it on here, if it’s alright.

I’ll also post a pic of me in the hat of the day to make it all proper!
IMG_0158.JPG

Hope everyone had a Merry Christmas!
I did!!! You can’t top great family!
And I’m considering y’all on the Lounge as part of my kin folk!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Randall Renshaw

Call Me a Cab
All of our hats seem to look better on our daughters and ladies. My kids won’t touch mine, but my girl likes them.
Anyway, it’s a quiet evening for me around here. Santa came to visit my kids on Sunday morning, and I’m waiting for my girlfriend to arrive on a very delayed flight.
So... hats... I’ve favored my Dennis Brooks black beaver after re creasing it into the old center dent. And had a little fun visiting my old buddy Emilio over the past couple hours. I brought my Knudsen Bat Masterson woolie along.

a09a19123249abe394d87e619615fd4d.jpg
816c8173e1e176d92dab2182d485227a.jpg
f27ac53d05577e7316c2bac38db3c725.jpg

99bb61e63033653c371d730ea7434b58.jpg

7bd43c54221f3a56f8f4c8a4cff88fd2.jpg

You and Emilio actually look alike!
Nice lids you both wear. love the first hat best, though.

You and Emilio actually look alike!
Nice lids you both wear. love the first hat best, though.

The use of tennis balls to hang hats has come up many times here. It seems that as we look for safe ways to store our hats many of us come up with similar ideas. I have a medium sized collection (for these parts), and hanging them on walls just isn’t practical. I keep saying that I’m going to trim my hat collection down to a more reasonable number, but in 2019 I bought almost as many as I sold.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Rmccamey

I'll Lock Up
Ha, I laugh as a comrade, Brent. I restrained myself and my "keeper" collection doubled in the last year. HAS seems to be a permanent condition. Merry Christmas all.

Shudde Bros.

20191216_113557.jpg

The use of tennis balls to hang hats has come up many times here. It seems that as we look for safe ways to store our hats many of us come up with similar ideas. I have a medium sized collection (for these parts), and hanging them on walls just isn’t practical. I keep saying that I’m going to trim my hat collection down to a more reasonable number, but in 2019 I bought almost as many as I sold.

ryan_289

Familiar Face
Since the kids got up at 6:00 am this morning for Christmas, I had plenty of time to do farm work this afternoon. Piled some brush and fed/checked cows. It is unseasonably warm here and I sweated through my campdraft piling brush! Its finally cool enough to have a drink and enjoy the bonfire!
a82b6c89379ddbb89d65aa32b43042a9.jpg
d3f3e5f82a68247e98c0ef8e620e2bb1.jpg
034067b20dd95eaf0bc6c1e2df59683e.jpg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

Tukwila

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Merry Christmas, FL family. I am still under the weather with post-surgery nausea and headaches. None of the painkillers they give me to use help any better than OTC Tylenol and the Rx stuff makes me feel more nauseas...

But that's why we had the kids over on the 14th-15th. So I haven't been wearing hats except for a few minutes around the house now and then.

All the best for all y'all!

GHT

I'll Lock Up
Ha, I laugh as a comrade, Brent. I restrained myself and my "keeper" collection doubled in the last year. HAS seems to be a permanent condition. Merry Christmas all. Shudde Bros. View attachment 202220
Your keeper collection doubled? Hardly surprising when they are as aesthetically pleasing as that fine lid. Keeper collection is a very good description, for me it's not easy to pick up pre-loved beauties with a seven and three quarters hat size. But it could be a blessing in disguise, I didn't plan to accumulate seventy five aloha shirts, they just found me, so if my hat size was a little smaller no doubt the collection would challenge the shirts in number. Today's lids are on the Hawaiian shirts & Fedora thread, along with yet another shirt.

Merry Christmas, FL family. I am still under the weather with post-surgery nausea and headaches. None of the painkillers they give me to use help any better than OTC Tylenol and the Rx stuff makes me feel more nauseas...

But that's why we had the kids over on the 14th-15th. So I haven't been wearing hats except for a few minutes around the house now and then.

Sorry to hear some pitfalls in the recovery. Hoping you get past it all soon and get back to wearing your hats.

Merry Christmas

Best,
Joe

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Rmccamey

I'll Lock Up
Get well soon, young man.

My buddy Shooter wants to wish you all Merry Christmas... and insisted on a selfie

4ea99cfb428165f0274e146d05d5a34f.plist
2a5fbad09d4eff2ced1768766dafb5da.plist

Royal Stetson and an Eddie Bauer sweater I picked up in a thrift store

cf0bd4fb74ff148efd372b5a8199350d.plist

And as a parting gift this fine day... here is a pic of my sister-in-law’s as.... er.. emm.. Donkey.

813f7c8f795d5103cd25a61b449732d8.plist

Merry Christmas

Best,
Joe

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

AbbaDatDeHat

I'll Lock Up

Hope the post-op symptoms are just a temporary part of normal recovery.
Hang in there and thanks for the update.
Bowen

Randall Renshaw

Call Me a Cab

Well....at least I’ve proven to be as smart as you fellers! Whatever that means. [emoji16]

Brent, if you really want to trim your collection back I have a truly unique idea...
This time.
Send half of them to me.
I’m sure no one’s ever came up with such an easy quick fix here. [emoji6][emoji12][emoji849]

Steve1857

I'll Lock Up

Hope that all goes away soon, and that you'll be as right as rain before you know it. Happy Holidays and a speedy recovery, Doug.

Sent from my HUAWEI VNS-L31 using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DapperBran