Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today ?

Bill Hughes

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Just realized I never posted my normal Sunday morning pictures. Just too much happened last Sunday morning. One person I know was murdered (along with a second person) and another acquaintance shot the murderer. All while in worship. At least it was stopped fast.

Anyway, I was wearing a Knox Twenty at my congregation while all this was happening about 20 minutes away.

6017E21B-7056-4E99-A33D-E4DA36756BAF.jpeg
E5E75CEF-428C-4988-BEFF-29D08909B3FD.jpeg
4D34E188-41E3-4E8A-B38B-BE4898C50474.jpeg

One person I know was murdered (along with a second person) and another acquaintance shot the murderer. All while in worship. At least it was stopped fast.

Great looking Knox Bill. I saw the news coverage of that attack. Sorry for the loss of your friend and neighbors and kudos to your other friend for his quick response to save countless others.

Just realized I never posted my normal Sunday morning pictures. Just too much happened last Sunday morning. One person I know was murdered (along with a second person) and another acquaintance shot the murderer. All while in worship. At least it was stopped fast.

Anyway, I was wearing a Knox Twenty at my congregation while all this was happening about 20 minutes away.

View attachment 202903 View attachment 202902 View attachment 202904

Wow. No words, Bill. God bless you and the congregation.

Wyldkarma

One Too Many

Great looking hat, love that Knox. Someday hope to find one in decent condtion in my size. ;)

Randall Renshaw

Call Me a Cab

My condolences to your friends. Glad evil was stopped by a gun toting Church member.
Love that tall crown, Bill. That Twenty’s a beaut!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Michael A

I'll Lock Up
Great job on the refurb ! I did a quick search for ‘Royal Beaver Custom Made 20’ just to see, and nothing came up. Might have to remain a mystery hat, but looks great.
Thanks Tim. My guess might be that it was some store brand. It's a later era hat, I would guess the 60s, but the felt is quite nice.

Sorry to hear about the loss of your friends, Bill. That Knox looks like the twin of the one I had on yesterday morning. Nice dense felt on these.

Michael

Last edited:

Daniele Tanto

I'll Lock Up
The hour has become late and the light has almost disappeared on this last day of 2019
AristoVerde 3.jpg

Another hat from the "felts with special finishes" series
AristoVerde 4.jpg

Aristocrat (second brand of Barbisio) in size 59 or 7 3/8 made in the historical factory of Barbisio before 1980
AristoVerde 6 bis.jpg

The color of the felt is "Dresda" and the finish is "talpa pelo corto lucente-bright short-haired mole"
AristoVerde 7.jpg

The surface of the felt is slightly bristly, but absolutely malleable. I put brims up because I liked the shape of the hat.
The ribbon is very interesting, as in most hats with "different" felt
AristoVerde 8 bis.jpg

I just have to wish you Happy New Year and a 2020 full of beautiful hats

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner