Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today ?

Long haired today.

i-VhpxzPk-M.jpg

i-FWcmVBc-M.jpg

I am not wearing a long hair because I am bald, rather I find the finish very different.

i-GXGXTgk-M.jpg

This 30's Stetson Royal DeLuxe is has a very soft, luxurious, deep finish. It is very much like a super deep velour. Not velvet, but deep velour. Amazingly shape-able even though it's a thick felt. It has a finish that reminds me of hats that have very little stiffener added to he felt.

i-VJhhWtm-M.jpg

i-Zzk29g2-M.jpg

The pic of the top of the hat is just cool. It truly is a hat that looks better after brushing.

Best, Eric -
Of the highest standard, Eric. You spoil us.

Hey all!
Just thought I'd pop in and say hi on a warm sunny Saturday. Wearing this green Motsch Fils.

7b7c177e44466ed80db1a2ceabc53c78.jpg

Hope everyone had happy holidays.
Have a great day!

Powered by happy thoughts
Nice shape and proportions. Saw an auction recently for a Motsch that was imported from England. Made me wonder if all their hats were made elsewhere. This one was on auction:

motsch1.jpg
motsch2.jpg
motsch3.jpg
motsch5.jpg

Fairly cold Sunday in the morning, then temperate and sunny. Walk in the Verona center packed with tourists
View attachment 204005
Today a little-known brand accompanied me: Guerra 1855, size is 61 cm so a 7 5/8 in US. A little bit roomy :rolleyes:
View attachment 204008
I don't have many examples of this brand in my collection, only a series of medium-haired hats
View attachment 204009
No paper label with name and color, a glued lining and average in the finishes, but the felt is portentous, finished with heather medium fur
Soft, malleable and with excellent quality color and ribbon, no steam to shape it, only fingers
View attachment 204012
It is a forty years old Italian hat with proportions modeled on the standard of those days
View attachment 204014
Have a nice Sunday
Thanks a lot for your likes and appreciation

Beautiful felt on that one Daniele

Best,
Joe

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Michael A

I'll Lock Up
Fairly cold Sunday in the morning, then temperate and sunny. Walk in the Verona center packed with tourists
View attachment 204005
Today a little-known brand accompanied me: Guerra 1855, size is 61 cm so a 7 5/8 in US. A little bit roomy :rolleyes:
View attachment 204008
I don't have many examples of this brand in my collection, only a series of medium-haired hats
View attachment 204009
No paper label with name and color, a glued lining and average in the finishes, but the felt is portentous, finished with heather medium fur
Soft, malleable and with excellent quality color and ribbon, no steam to shape it, only fingers
View attachment 204012
It is a forty years old Italian hat with proportions modeled on the standard of those days
View attachment 204014
Have a nice Sunday
Thanks a lot for your likes and appreciation
That is some gorgeous felt on that one, Daniele. Really standout.

There you go, see? Found a new peak already!
I'm short of oxygen up here.

Tube amplifiers and homburgs: doesn't get any cooler than that!
I know you've been around homburgs lately, Stefan. So I'm guessing it's been awhile since you've been around tube amps. I think the proper phrase would be Doesn't get any hotter than that. Ha ha.

Knox twenty yesterday. Seemed to have missed the sun altogether today. Is that wha daylight savings means?

View attachment 204033
Nice. I think my Knox Twenty rebuild will be a success. I'm wearing the fit into it right now. Nice hats.

Thanks,
Michael

That is some gorgeous felt on that one, Daniele. Really standout.

I'm short of oxygen up here.

I know you've been around homburgs lately, Stefan. So I'm guessing it's been awhile since you've been around tube amps. I think the proper phrase would be Doesn't get any hotter than that. Ha ha.

Nice. I think my Knox Twenty rebuild will be a success. I'm wearing the fit into it right now. Nice hats.

Thanks,
Michael
Thanks, Michael. It's true: haven't seen a tube amplifier in ages.

Héctor Fernández

One Too Many
One of my stereo amplifiers appears to be wearing it a few minutes ago, my Stetson Homburg.
View attachment 204006
View attachment 204007
Well Steve, nice hat, but the amplifier got my 100% attention[emoji1]

Sorry, I'm a guitar player and 90% of my amplifiers are vintage tubes, so I have hundreds of those tubes in my basement. I mostly use Russian made.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy