Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today ?

Been wearing hats occasionally the past couple months, but not daily. I've favored the Optimo Manhattan, but have also worn my VS Bobby Blue, Dennis Brooks black beaver hat, and a Hannah Hats flat cap. I will need to relearn how to resize the images. Apologies if they come across too large in this post. It's great to see all the wonderful lids you all have been sporting.
I really dig that Stetson Sovereign, Brent @deadlyhandsome , and the 7X CB is also stunning @Bamaboots . Nice pup too.

Good to see you around these parts, Jeff. Hope all is well with you.

fabiovenhorst

Call Me a Cab
Saturday hiking with the Borsalino "Castoro"
85235233_3988297051204770_6018496770911240192_o.jpg

Daniele Tanto

I'll Lock Up
Windy and rainy days with rapid and short bright spells
HChavreu 6.jpg

in one of these I wear a Huckel Chevreau
HChavreu 1.jpg

The hat was one of the rare purchases of the past year
HChavreu 5.jpg

Very beautiful. It is a Central European classic.
HChavreu 2.jpg

A hat that attracts the attention of Italians of a certain age who almost always classify it as a German hat due to its color and shape
HChavreu 3.jpg

Have a nice Monday.
Thanks for the likes and compliments for the hats showed in these days!

View attachment 217256
View attachment 217257
View attachment 217260
View attachment 217262
A hat that attracts the attention of Italians of a certain age who almost always classify it as a German hat due to its color and shape
View attachment 217263
Have a nice Monday.
Daniele, Fantastic! I really like that ribbon width, color and finish. That is interesting that older people can detect it as a German hat. Is it the form / shape or finish or combo of both.

Hagwood

Call Me a Cab
Been wearing hats occasionally the past couple months, but not daily. I've favored the Optimo Manhattan, but have also worn my VS Bobby Blue, Dennis Brooks black beaver hat, and a Hannah Hats flat cap. I will need to relearn how to resize the images. Apologies if they come across too large in this post. It's great to see all the wonderful lids you all have been sporting.
I really dig that Stetson Sovereign, Brent @deadlyhandsome , and the 7X CB is also stunning @Bamaboots . Nice pup too.

Good to see you back Jeff. We've missed you and your wonderful hats around here.

Last edited:

Hagwood

Call Me a Cab
View attachment 217256
View attachment 217257
View attachment 217260
View attachment 217262
View attachment 217263
Have a nice Monday.

That is a beautiful one Daniele. That ribbon almost glows.

Daniele Tanto

I'll Lock Up
Daniele, Fantastic! I really like that ribbon width, color and finish. That is interesting that older people can detect it as a German hat. Is it the form / shape or finish or combo of both.
Thanks! As you know Steve, those few old gentlemen, those of an older generation who lived part of the great era of Italian hats, almost immediately recognize a hat of non-Italian production. Two days ago I was walking with the Huckel and a very old gentleman with a Borsalino on his head (70s) immediately asked me if he was German or Austrian. I showed it to him and he was happy with his precise look on the hats. A lady who always wears beautiful Borsalino for men, asked me if it was "foreign", I said yes and she was satisfied. Every now and then I meet her and I want to ask her who she inherited the Borsalino and Barbisio she wears. They are all, personal opinion from the 30s to the 50s.
That is a beautiful one Daniele. That ribbon almost glows.
Thanks a lot! The credit goes to the Huckel hatters;)

Hagwood

Call Me a Cab
Thanks! As you know Steve, those few old gentlemen, those of an older generation who lived part of the great era of Italian hats, almost immediately recognize a hat of non-Italian production. Two days ago I was walking with the Huckel and a very old gentleman with a Borsalino on his head (70s) immediately asked me if he was German or Austrian. I showed it to him and he was happy with his precise look on the hats. A lady who always wears beautiful Borsalino for men, asked me if it was "foreign", I said yes and she was satisfied. Every now and then I meet her and I want to ask her who she inherited the Borsalino and Barbisio she wears. They are all, personal opinion from the 30s to the 50s.

Thanks a lot! The credit goes to the Huckel hatters;)

Very cool story Daniele.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy