Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today ?

fabiovenhorst

Call Me a Cab
Cap day...
92790573_4087249184642889_4881405137072947200_o.jpg

Last edited:

Michael A

I'll Lock Up
Thanks, Steve. I hate to say it, but that isn't strictly true: a few are actually your size (at least on the label) but fit me close enough to hang on to!

Looks good on you, Steve. Can't seem to make the western style work for me for some reason.

Thanks, Michael.

You're on a winning streak with the hats, Michael!

A parade of hats that few can rival on the lounge, Eric. A joy to watch; thank you!

Very stylish. You know how to pick them!
Thanks Stefan.

English week isn't over yet.
Percy Jones
View attachment 226298 View attachment 226292 View attachment 226293 View attachment 226294

Woodrow
A hat that isn't afraid to show some character (ok, it's a beater, but I kept it as I found it).
View attachment 226299 View attachment 226295 View attachment 226296 View attachment 226297
Some nice hat history there, Stefan. The Woodrow looks like it knows well the ways of the world.

Michael

T Jones

I'll Lock Up
Wearing another of my Stagecoach conversions today, except that this picture is from a couple of Summers ago. This one started out as a 6 7/8 moth eaten Western but was rescued by a fellow Lounger who gifted it to me. I was able to block it up to a 7 1/4 and convert it to a fedora...I took some pictures of me wearing the hat this morning but they didn't turn out very well, hence the older picture.

Resistol-Stagecoach-Whippet-7-A.jpg

Before and after....
Resistol-Whippet-29-A.jpg

The ribbon and binding came off a fake modern reproduction of a Stetson Whippet.

Last edited:

quikrick

One Too Many
Thanks Stefan.

Some nice hat history there, Stefan. The Woodrow looks like it knows well the ways of the world.

Michael
Thanks, Michael. I think it's safe to say the Woodrow has some history.

Portis Super-Lux on a sunny, but nippy morning
IMG_2784 crop by Michael A2012, on Flickr
IMG_2782 crop by Michael A2012, on Flickr
IMG_2785 crop by Michael A2012, on Flickr
IMG_2795 crop by Michael A2012, on Flickr
IMG_2794 crop by Michael A2012, on Flickr
4-10-2020 Today's Clothes by Michael A2012, on Flickr
Have a safe day,
MIchael
Your winning streak continues, Michael. One of your best finds of late.

Wearing another of my Stagecoach conversions today, except that this picture is from a couple of Summers ago. This one started out as a 6 7/8 moth eaten Western but was rescued by a fellow Lounger who gifted it to me. I was able to block it up to a 7 1/4 and convert it to a fedora...I took some pictures of me wearing the hat this morning but they didn't turn out very well, hence the older picture.

Resistol-Stagecoach-Whippet-7-A.jpg

Before and after....
Resistol-Whippet-29-A.jpg

The ribbon and binding came off a fake modern reproduction of a Stetson Whippet.
Another great conversion, Terry. The ribbon and brim binding work very well with that felt colour.

A dog promenade this morning in a Mallory Dallas.

i-VdQFjWL-M.jpg

When I pick this hat up inevitably I say to myself the felt, the felt! I share my inside thoughts this morning as it really is a marvelous felt.

i-LZMXsrx-M.jpg

i-838hzfq-M.jpg

Working to keep inside, inside, Eric -

Be safe, be strong and see you on the streets soon.
Good thing it isn't "the bells, the bells", Eric:)
Must be something special when someone with your collection has that reaction to a felt.

Wearing a 3X OR today of Canadian manufacture. This is the softest most pliable Stetson 3X that I own so it stays open crown and gets dry creased with each wear.

Have a great day folks!

View attachment 226516 View attachment 226517
Looks great, Justin. I like it when a hat has an "organic" crease.

T Jones

I'll Lock Up
Thanks, Michael. I think it's safe to say the Woodrow has some history.

Your winning streak continues, Michael. One of your best finds of late.

Another great conversion, Terry. The ribbon and brim binding work very well with that felt colour.

Good thing it isn't "the bells, the bells", Eric:)
Must be something special when someone with your collection has that reaction to a felt.

Looks great, Justin. I like it when a hat has an "organic" crease.
Thank you steur!

AbbaDatDeHat

I'll Lock Up
English week is near the end of its first run. For its afficionados: there will be an extension as the vaults have given up more than a dozen others of British origin.
T&W Lees Plymouth (I was less worried than I look in this picture; honest:))
View attachment 226525 View attachment 226530 View attachment 226531 View attachment 226532

Battersby metal
View attachment 226526
View attachment 226527 View attachment 226528 View attachment 226529
I love it.
“more than a dozen”.
Outstanding!!
B

Steve1857

I'll Lock Up
Thank you, Stefan. It's one of the four I picked up from Randall.

I'm a fan of Tom Waits, so thanks for the quote, too

So, to quote the great Tom Waits:
"Whistlin past the graveyard
Steppin' on a crack
I'm a mean Mother Hubbard
Papa one eyed jack"
Seems somehow fitting for these times. The hat is spectacular, Steve, erm...Jack?;)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
green_entrails