Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today ?

Rogera

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Less than 14 minutes after my last post I am back inside grabbing a Gannon fedora off my hat rack to protect me in the snow showers. Can the weather just make up it's mind? Jeepers.

i-ktkHvQ7-M.jpg

Not changing again! I am putting my foot down in the snow and not changing yet again!
Snow still? I'm sorry about that but you look great out in it with that Gannon on top!

AbbaDatDeHat

I'll Lock Up
No students at school these days, so I get home at a reasonable hour. Went for a walk with my wife to see all the flowers in bloom. I wore my new to me Christys.

The magnolia in our garden.
View attachment 226168
My town is well known for its peaches.
View attachment 226172 The local park is famous in these parts for its cherry blossoms.
View attachment 226173
View attachment 226174 The hat.
View attachment 226176 View attachment 226177 View attachment 226178 More cherry blossoms to finish.
View attachment 226184 View attachment 226185
Outstanding photography, Shoe.
Warms the heart to see such Spring in bloom. Thank you.
The virus cancelled the trip to DC to see the annual Cherry Blossoms that my Son had planned for us. He knew i’d always wanted to go but never got around to it. Hopefully next year.
Your pics helped, thanks.
Good hat too.
B

AbbaDatDeHat

I'll Lock Up
Good day folks. I hope my post finds you safe, strong and happy on the eve of Good Friday.

Yesterday I was out in the yard wearing the "newest" Stetson Bantam I have. It is a glorious light hued felt that can brighten an otherwise challenging day.

i-VdJXN38-M.jpg

This morning's dog jaunt found me wearing a Stetson Eagle Vita-Felt. The hat shows some of it's age, but is a glorious felt.

i-XRTK72p-M.jpg

i-jMktB8V-M.jpg

I headed out for some of my local roasted coffee. I am not used to wearing a mask and wore it upside down.

i-CQ7Nwsr-M.jpg

A long walk in a "white-ish" felt hued Dalton had me enjoying the bigger brim dimensions in the snow flurries and wind.

i-fpwcK6s-M.jpg

i-2FmcctS-M.jpg

I risked mine and my families life this late morning as I went out to get groceries. I thought I should sport a Stetson Bantam for this adventure. Mask and gloves not showcased.

i-nmgGjJf-M.jpg

i-jw46kLR-M.jpg

Cheers, Eric -
Another excellent montage of fine, fine felt. I always enjoy your Bantams as they are a favorite profile hat for me.
The Eagle Vita-Felt really gets me going and makes me want to buy more hats.
Outstanding!!
B

AbbaDatDeHat

I'll Lock Up
I was out trying to pick-up some fallen limbs and then going to fill the bird feeders. I donned my Stetson Playboy with the Vita Felt Process. I quickly came back in and changed to a cap in the gusty winds. The Vita Felt hat is very maleable and the brim was flopping in the wind. Having no wind trolley I did not want to get close to the lake shore.

Changed to a cap.

i-2pnSx9z-M.jpg

i-H7HbVgC-M.jpg

i-sgDG5Nr-M.jpg

i-cS446Md-M.jpg

Be safe, be strong and see you on the streets soon, Eric -
Oh my!! What a rare bird!!
B

The Shoe

One Too Many
Outstanding photography, Shoe.
Warms the heart to see such Spring in bloom. Thank you.
The virus cancelled the trip to DC to see the annual Cherry Blossoms that my Son had planned for us. He knew i’d always wanted to go but never got around to it. Hopefully next year.
Your pics helped, thanks.
Good hat too.
B

Thanks. Nice of you to say. The weather has been nice, so the cherry blossoms have been particularly spectacular this year...Murphy’s law - typically there would be cherry blossom viewing parties all over the country (picnics, barbecues & booze under the lit up trees). This year, when it’s so spectacular, we can’t do that.
In this part of the country the peach blossoms are every bit as spectacular, but you have a shorter time frame to see them in full bloom because they thin them out to produce better fruit.

Stay safe,
Gary

AbbaDatDeHat

I'll Lock Up
Thanks for the likes and kind comments on my Stetson 4x OR today, folks.

Here's another one I got via Bob. A Dobbs Homburg. I've been working on the mule kick on my two ORs thanks to a Bowen @AbbaDatDeHat suggestion. However, to no avail. Suddenly, looking in the mirror tonight, I thought it might work on this Dobbs. I believe it does.

I've been working on a diamond crease on another hat, too. Again thanks to a Bowen @AbbaDatDeHat post. More tomorrow.

Stay safe and well all, both you and yours. View attachment 226290
Lol
Thanks for the kind words Steve. You are a gentleman.
I can’t take the credit for mule kicks on my hats. That belongs to the previous owners who wore them in.
I don’t think i’ve ever pre-meditated one, only encouraged the pre-determined personality, resident when i took over. That’s one thing i really love about hats. What they speak to me and not the other way around. I just put em on and scrunch em down most times.
Diamonds...i do fineness some, influenced mostly by others.
You are doing well in yours.
I agree with the boots comment and walking tall. Lol
B

Steve1857

I'll Lock Up
You're welcome B, but as always, you're too modest. You are and always will be one of the true inspirations on the FL.

May you and yours stay safe and well

Lol
Thanks for the kind words Steve. You are a gentleman.
I can’t take the credit for mule kicks on my hats. That belongs to the previous owners who wore them in.
I don’t think i’ve ever pre-meditated one, only encouraged the pre-determined personality, resident when i took over. That’s one thing i really love about hats. What they speak to me and not the other way around. I just put em on and scrunch em down most times.
Diamonds...i do fineness some, influenced mostly by others.
You are doing well in yours.
I agree with the boots comment and walking tall. Lol
B

30 Days to 30 Hats - Day 9

Crofut and Knapp - Coronet Fifteen

Black Felt - 1 7/8 Black grosgrain ribbon

4 7/8 crown at highest point as bashed

1 1/2 brim with Cavanagh edge

Wind Trolley

After yesterday’s short brimmed Champ... I decided to go with the shortest brimmed hat I have in my collection at 1 1/2 inch. That hat may be short of brim.... but isn't short on features. Cavanagh edge...wind trolley and nearly 5 inch crown give it some “bells and whistles”.

8A343F5A-73F0-4F4A-B854-8E4023DCFA8B.jpeg
EE9A59CD-8A1D-42EB-BE1A-A450C81541F3.jpeg
C1A7AE8E-7FE7-4A3A-9239-D35172A5EB16.jpeg
EC40CE39-8123-477C-BAEA-3E4AFB3D4A3F.jpeg
FF9F1C9B-7BDC-48E7-8CB5-B5B88AAB405D.jpeg
81E180CF-3D19-4EBE-896A-1526BDFCDF9E.jpeg
D9353DDF-FD3A-4EE7-814B-4D27D06C55B7.jpeg
63F194AE-7C7F-4008-9C65-AFF565ACC14A.jpeg

Hagwood

Call Me a Cab
Thanks, Tim.
They’ve been particularly good this year - unfortunately it’s been difficult for everyone to get out & see them due to the virus.

I see you have a pretty nice camera setup yourself. I’m a fairly recent convert to an Olympus mirrorless.

Gary

That’s a shame people aren’t getting yo enjoy them this year. They’re only around for a short while. Just like my Azaleas, they don’t last long enough.

That Olympus Mirrorless should be a good one. I was a huge Olympus guy back in the film days. Had an OM-3 and tons of Zuiko lenses for freelance work. They were a little slow at adapting to digital, so I switched to Canon for the DSLR’s. Love the L series lenses. Olympus does seem to be coming on strong with the Mirrorless now. Enjoy.

That Percy Jones. Wow wow wow.
Thanks, Alan. Certainly not a brand that's seen very often.

Can't wait now til German month,
You'll be pleased to hear English week will be extended: I found the others!

Mainly stage and some tv in the UK and Denmark. Now I teach.

I relocated like those English hats. I'm sure some of those lids would like to relocate back to an English head
Teaching is a form of acting as well: there's a stage and an audience. The themed week is an opportunity to assess if there are any hats eligible for relocation. Let's get them out in the open first.

30 Days to 30 Hats - Day 9

Crofut and Knapp - Coronet Fifteen

Black Felt - 1 7/8 Black grosgrain ribbon

4 7/8 crown at highest point as bashed

1 1/2 brim with Cavanagh edge

Wind Trolley

After yesterday’s short brimmed Champ... I decided to go with the shortest brimmed hat I have in my collection at 1 1/2 inch. That hat may be short of brim.... but isn't short on features. Cavanagh edge...wind trolley and nearly 5 inch crown give it some “bells and whistles”.

View attachment 226392 View attachment 226393 View attachment 226387 View attachment 226388 View attachment 226389 View attachment 226390 View attachment 226391 View attachment 226394
As @Redfokker would say: embrance the stingy. You seem to do just that, Joe.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HughGDePoo