Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today ?

Steve1857

I'll Lock Up
Thanks, Rog. Kind of you You're so right, but how do you think I felt in Elsinore, Denmark ?

It was it's first outing in public. But I wore it proud and high, and hopefully did it justice.

Enjoyed the looks it got, too.

That looks great on you.
I have really grown fond of wearing cattleman creased ORs. For the longest time I wouldn't wear them because they look better brim up and I wasn't comfortable with wearing hats brim up. Now I love it. Bama helped me with overcome that with his daily showings. And heck, I live in Texas, you gotta wear Open Roads sometimes!

Brüder Böhm Neutitschein Velour made for the French Market possibly late 1920s.

49751123776_ff3cd4d370_b.jpg

49750597878_efcef071ab_b.jpg

49751149991_1e95ba681e_b.jpg

49751486937_082c8e2562_b.jpg

49751162896_1c098d7ec2_b.jpg

Victor Böhm's hat manufacturing master certificate (Lehrbrief), issued in 1910 by the Vienna Hatmakers Association (die Genossenschaft der Wiener Hutmacher). From Jonathan the grandson of Victor Böhm owner and chief inventor at Brüder Böhm Wien, Neutitschein / Novy Jicin.

22955650101_b40f71ce69_b.jpg
About as good as they come. Fabulous, Steve.

30 Days to 30 Hats - Day 8

Champ Feel the Felt Kasmir Finish

Medium Grey
4 1/2 crown
2 inch grosgrain ribbon
1 3/4 brim with accented bound edge
Cool eagle pin
And a Wind trolley... which I managed to break while brushing the hat

This was the last of the three hats that arrived stuffed in a coffee carton. I finally got around to cleaning this one up today. It’s a cool little hat. I’m gonna guess late 60’s early 70s. The liner is glued in... original selling price looked like $12.95. This is the first of the ‘Kasmir Finish’ Champs I’ve held. The felt actually felt a bit stiff... thought after a thorough brushing it did have a slight velvety texture. It is a very snug 6 7/8

View attachment 226093

View attachment 226097 View attachment 226098 View attachment 226099 View attachment 226100 View attachment 226101 View attachment 226102 View attachment 226103 View attachment 226104 View attachment 226105
Grey, black band and contrasting brim binding: about as classic as they come. What's not to like? Going strong, Joe.

Cleaning up some shrubs in the back yard in the Fed IV today.

View attachment 226108 View attachment 226109
I don't care much for Akubra's, but then I don't know much about them. You sure make it look good though, Roger.

Steur, you always host such a great parade of hats. I look forward to your posts.

Thanks, Roger. Much appreciated.

Yes, I'll have to say the Moores is my pick of the two, Stefan.
Thanks, Randy. I find it's impossible to pick a favourite among my hats. Depends on the mood I think.

You always get the top marks, Fabio. But this hat and coat combination is taking it to another level. Superb.

A style that was made for you, Roger.

I don't want English week to end, Stefan
Thanks, Steve. The week isn't over yet. And there are some English hats I haven't located yet.:)

Wonderful, Perry. Great colours with lovely contrast.

Thanks, Randy. I find it's impossible to pick a favourite among my hats. Depends on the mood I think.

You always get the top marks, Fabio. But this hat and coat combination is taking it to another level. Superb.

A style that was made for you, Roger.

Thanks, Steve. The week isn't over yet. And there are some English hats I haven't located yet.:)

Wonderful, Perry. Great colours with lovely contrast.
Thanks Stefan. Art did a wonderful job with this one.

Short Balding Guy

I'll Lock Up
I was out trying to pick-up some fallen limbs and then going to fill the bird feeders. I donned my Stetson Playboy with the Vita Felt Process. I quickly came back in and changed to a cap in the gusty winds. The Vita Felt hat is very maleable and the brim was flopping in the wind. Having no wind trolley I did not want to get close to the lake shore.

Changed to a cap.

i-2pnSx9z-M.jpg

i-H7HbVgC-M.jpg

i-sgDG5Nr-M.jpg

i-cS446Md-M.jpg

Be safe, be strong and see you on the streets soon, Eric -

Steve1857

I'll Lock Up
Thanks for the likes and kind comments on my Stetson 4x OR today, folks.

Here's another one I got via Bob. A Dobbs Homburg. I've been working on the mule kick on my two ORs thanks to a Bowen @AbbaDatDeHat suggestion. However, to no avail. Suddenly, looking in the mirror tonight, I thought it might work on this Dobbs. I believe it does.

I've been working on a diamond crease on another hat, too. Again thanks to a Bowen @AbbaDatDeHat post. More tomorrow.

Stay safe and well all, both you and yours. IMG_20200409_211247.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_20200409_211257.jpg
    IMG_20200409_211257.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 161
I have to agree with you there, Randy. I'd love anyone of those English hats. Lucky for Stefan they're his size
Thanks, Steve. I hate to say it, but that isn't strictly true: a few are actually your size (at least on the label) but fit me close enough to hang on to!

Out and about Western style today in my 4x OR. A man sure walks tall with one of these on his head.
Howdy and thanks again, my friend Bob View attachment 226211 View attachment 226213
Looks good on you, Steve. Can't seem to make the western style work for me for some reason.

Love that Moores. Both are great hats, of course.

Michael
Thanks, Michael.

The Sovereign Twenty this morning
IMG_2756 crop by Michael A2012, on Flickr
IMG_2758 by Michael A2012, on Flickr
IMG_2752 crop by Michael A2012, on Flickr
IMG_2751 crop by Michael A2012, on Flickr
4-9-2020 Today's Clothes by Michael A2012, on Flickr
Have a good day,
Michael
You're on a winning streak with the hats, Michael!

Good day folks. I hope my post finds you safe, strong and happy on the eve of Good Friday.

Yesterday I was out in the yard wearing the "newest" Stetson Bantam I have. It is a glorious light hued felt that can brighten an otherwise challenging day.

i-VdJXN38-M.jpg

This morning's dog jaunt found me wearing a Stetson Eagle Vita-Felt. The hat shows some of it's age, but is a glorious felt.

i-XRTK72p-M.jpg

i-jMktB8V-M.jpg

I headed out for some of my local roasted coffee. I am not used to wearing a mask and wore it upside down.

i-CQ7Nwsr-M.jpg

A long walk in a "white-ish" felt hued Dalton had me enjoying the bigger brim dimensions in the snow flurries and wind.

i-fpwcK6s-M.jpg

i-2FmcctS-M.jpg

I risked mine and my families life this late morning as I went out to get groceries. I thought I should sport a Stetson Bantam for this adventure. Mask and gloves not showcased.

i-nmgGjJf-M.jpg

i-jw46kLR-M.jpg

Cheers, Eric -
A parade of hats that few can rival on the lounge, Eric. A joy to watch; thank you!

Very stylish. You know how to pick them!

Steve1857

I'll Lock Up
Don't feel like you need to hang on to them for too long, Stefan

Thanks for the comment about the OR. I believe it's my old life as an actor that makes most hats and outfits work for me.

Thanks, Steve. I hate to say it, but that isn't strictly true: a few are actually your size (at least on the label) but fit me close enough to hang on to!

Looks good on you, Steve. Can't seem to make the western style work for me for some reason.

Thanks, Michael.

You're on a winning streak with the hats, Michael!

A parade of hats that few can rival on the lounge, Eric. A joy to watch; thank you!

Very stylish. You know how to pick them!

Stefan, Thanks! I am really enjoying seeing your English Hats. A super idea or your part!
Thanks, Steve. It's fun to do. But wait until we get to German week (which likely will last a month!)

Thanks for the likes and kind comments on my Stetson 4x OR today, folks.

Here's another one I got via Bob. A Dobbs Homburg. I've been working on the mule kick on my two ORs thanks to a Bowen @AbbaDatDeHat suggestion. However, to no avail. Suddenly, looking in the mirror tonight, I thought it might work on this Dobbs. I believe it does.

I've been working on a diamond crease on another hat, too. Again thanks to a Bowen @AbbaDatDeHat post. More tomorrow.

Stay safe and well all, both you and yours. View attachment 226290
Gives it a thirties feel; I like it, Steve. Good to try something different now and again.

Hat and Rehat

Call Me a Cab
Wearing my favourite hat today. Stetson No 1 Quality - very thin lightweight felt. I recently discovered this one might be as early as the 1930’s

Have a great day everyone.

View attachment 225981
Very nice hat, Justin.
Looks like a totally different hat, Terry.
Out and about Western style today in my 4x OR. A man sure walks tall with one of these on his head.
Howdy and thanks again, my friend Bob View attachment 226211 View attachment 226213
There you go, pardner. Don't forget the paisley bandana.

Rogera

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I don't care much for Akubra's, but then I don't know much about them. You sure make it look good though

Akubras are definitely not perfect and definitely not even CLOSE to vintage quality but the bang per buck ratio is great IMO. That Fed IV has taken many rains, beatings, a lot of sweat and reblockings and just keeps coming back.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MichaelSturm