Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today ?

Rogera

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Out and about Western style today in my 4x OR. A man sure walks tall with one of these on his head.
Howdy and thanks again, my friend Bob View attachment 226211 View attachment 226213

That looks great on you.
I have really grown fond of wearing cattleman creased ORs. For the longest time I wouldn't wear them because they look better brim up and I wasn't comfortable with wearing hats brim up. Now I love it. Bama helped me with overcome that with his daily showings. And heck, I live in Texas, you gotta wear Open Roads sometimes!

Hagwood

Call Me a Cab
No students at school these days, so I get home at a reasonable hour. Went for a walk with my wife to see all the flowers in bloom. I wore my new to me Christys.

The magnolia in our garden.
View attachment 226168
My town is well known for its peaches.
View attachment 226172 The local park is famous in these parts for its cherry blossoms.
View attachment 226173
View attachment 226174 The hat.
View attachment 226176 View attachment 226177 View attachment 226178 More cherry blossoms to finish.
View attachment 226184 View attachment 226185

Wow, beautiful Cherry Blossoms. Wish we had those around here.

Great photos.

Just A Hat Rack

Practically Family
Wearing a grey Resistol Stagecoach that I converted last year. It was originally a 6 7/8 that I blocked up to a 7 1/4.

Gray-Resistol-1-A.jpg

Before:
Gray-Conversion-Stagecoach-9-A.jpg

On the block:
Gray-Conversion-Stagecoach-1-A.jpg

Brim trimmed to 2 5/8 inches with my handy dandy rounding jack by Rick Walker, (humanshoes), and with my equally handy dandy band block by another fellow Lounger, "Rockwater"...
Band-Block-and-Rounding-Jack.jpg

Completed:
Gray-Converted-Stagecoach-11-A.jpg

Gray-Converted-Stagecoach-14-A.jpg

Tall straight crown:
Gray-Converted-Stagecoach-13-A.jpg

Good enough for dressing up:
Dressed-Up-Stagecoach-2-A.jpg
Lookin' sharp T!

Hagwood

Call Me a Cab
I purchased my first Panama from Ole many years ago in Old Town San Juan. Great little shop. I still have the hat, but it really does need reshaping.

What do you think of their hats Jim ? I was thinking of ordering one from their site for my first Panama. I don’t need anything too crazy expensive, but I would like at least a handmade one from Latin America.

Short Balding Guy

I'll Lock Up
Good day folks. I hope my post finds you safe, strong and happy on the eve of Good Friday.

Yesterday I was out in the yard wearing the "newest" Stetson Bantam I have. It is a glorious light hued felt that can brighten an otherwise challenging day.

i-VdJXN38-M.jpg

This morning's dog jaunt found me wearing a Stetson Eagle Vita-Felt. The hat shows some of it's age, but is a glorious felt.

i-XRTK72p-M.jpg

i-jMktB8V-M.jpg

I headed out for some of my local roasted coffee. I am not used to wearing a mask and wore it upside down.

i-CQ7Nwsr-M.jpg

A long walk in a "white-ish" felt hued Dalton had me enjoying the bigger brim dimensions in the snow flurries and wind.

i-fpwcK6s-M.jpg

i-2FmcctS-M.jpg

I risked mine and my families life this late morning as I went out to get groceries. I thought I should sport a Stetson Bantam for this adventure. Mask and gloves not showcased.

i-nmgGjJf-M.jpg

i-jw46kLR-M.jpg

Cheers, Eric -

Good day folks. I hope my post finds you safe, strong and happy on the eve of Good Friday.

Yesterday I was out in the yard wearing the "newest" Stetson Bantam I have. It is a glorious light hued felt that can brighten an otherwise challenging day.

i-VdJXN38-M.jpg

This morning's dog jaunt found me wearing a Stetson Eagle Vita-Felt. The hat shows some of it's age, but is a glorious felt.

i-XRTK72p-M.jpg

i-jMktB8V-M.jpg

I headed out for some of my local roasted coffee. I am not used to wearing a mask and wore it upside down.

i-CQ7Nwsr-M.jpg

A long walk in a "white-ish" felt hued Dalton had me enjoying the bigger brim dimensions in the snow flurries and wind.

i-fpwcK6s-M.jpg

i-2FmcctS-M.jpg

I risked mine and my families life this late morning as I went out to get groceries. I thought I should sport a Stetson Bantam for this adventure. Mask and gloves not showcased.

i-nmgGjJf-M.jpg

i-jw46kLR-M.jpg

Cheers, Eric -
Route 99?
Great hats!

georgie girl

One of the Regulars
No students at school these days, so I get home at a reasonable hour. Went for a walk with my wife to see all the flowers in bloom. I wore my new to me Christys.

The magnolia in our garden.
View attachment 226168
My town is well known for its peaches.
View attachment 226172 The local park is famous in these parts for its cherry blossoms.
View attachment 226173
View attachment 226174 The hat.
View attachment 226176 View attachment 226177 View attachment 226178 More cherry blossoms to finish.
View attachment 226184 View attachment 226185
Looks like a beautiful area. I really like the ribbon/hat combination !

What do you think of their hats Jim ? I was thinking of ordering one from their site for my first Panama. I don’t need anything too crazy expensive, but I would like at least a handmade one from Latin America.

I can't give you an informative answer. I bought that hat about a decade ago while in PR on vacation. He has a little shop in Old Town. I knew nothing about hats at the time I got it, but he had many other types of straws, including the Carlos Santana line. I paid about $65 at the time.

I did't realize he had a website.

georgie girl

One of the Regulars
That is a great looking Panama.
Thank you. I think I need to work on getting the up curl of the brim a little more even, but I am really liking it.

I purchased my first Panama from Ole many years ago in Old Town San Juan. Great little shop. I still have the hat, but it really does need reshaping.
So do the Panama's get shelved on the crown as well? From what I was able to view on youtube it looked like a quaint little shop. Inside the hat was penciled 7 1/4 (a wee bit large for me) and $400, so if ole actually penciled that in, I guess I got my $45 worth, of course I tend to think i did regardless.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
j2points