Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today ?

drmaxtejeda

I'll Lock Up
Resistol Milan:

View attachment 265815

I’m standing in front of a 1952 Henry J. Corsair. This is the last car my father-in-law restored before he died several years ago. Until I married into the family I had never heard of the Kaiser-Frazer Automobile Company.

View attachment 265816 View attachment 265817

He had a dozzen or so vintage cars, but they were all Kaiser-Frazers and didn’t sell for as much as I had hoped for his wife. They were the “Champ” brand of cars looking to undercut the big players. My father-in-law worked at his father’s Kaiser-Frazer car dealership after The War. These cars were a big part of his life but none of his children wanted or had room for them...kind of like my hats when I’m gone. :)
Yes, that is what I started to think about as I read your post:(

Yes, that is what I started to think about as I read your post:(

Nothing to be sad about, Max. The “stuff” and possessions of life were never important. It’s all about people: love, family, kindness, and friendships: those are the things that make us wealthy and those are the things that moths don’t eat, rust doesn’t corrupt, and thieves can’t steal.

Short Balding Guy

I'll Lock Up
Long day finds me enjoying an evening walkabout in a Gannon (charcoal beaver felt with charcoal trimmings).

i-jZRtZf6-M.jpg

Cheers this evening, Eric -

Daniele Tanto

I'll Lock Up
In the meantime, thank you for your appreciation for the Panizza Royal Cloro color
Barbisio Ratiné 6.jpg

We continue today with the "gray" theme in Italian headwear.
This time it's up to Barbisio to keep the name high with a magnificent product from the sixties.
Barbisio Ratiné 3.jpg

The felt is called "Misto Cenere" and the type of finish is "Ratiné" (In the textile industry, a finishing operation that gives the fabrics, previously brushed with long hair, a surface strewn with knots or bows, or with transverse, longitudinal undulations , diagonals)
Barbisio Ratiné 7.jpg
Felt has a certain stiffness in the overwelted brims and an excellent malleability in the crown.
Barbisio Ratiné 5.jpg

Sunny and cool weather even in Italy.
Congratulations on the parade of hats shown yesterday.

drmaxtejeda

I'll Lock Up
Nothing to be sad about, Max. The “stuff” and possessions of life were never important. It’s all about people: love, family, kindness, and friendships: those are the things that make us wealthy and those are the things that moths don’t eat, rust doesn’t corrupt, and thieves can’t steal.

RossRYoung

Practically Family
Fedora creased the 5x Stetson today, the density of this felt takes every bash I’ve tried easily. It also lends to the best snap brim that I own, a marvelous hat.

3DB6165B-6B32-4977-AF3A-1EA80AAB315F.jpeg
3C62880E-1144-4C8E-BE00-B76231450F37.jpeg

Winter is when the big waves show up on the North Shore. I got tossed around pretty good swimming back to shore yesterday. Good fun.

Ohh yeah, when I lived on Maui we had some great breaks that collected those northern storm fronts that winter delivers. Miss that water, SoCal is slightly colder and murkier o_O

Fedora creased the 5x Stetson today, the density of this felt takes every bash I’ve tried easily. It also lends to the best snap brim that I own, a marvelous hat.

View attachment 268046 View attachment 268047

Ohh yeah, when I lived on Maui we had some great breaks that collected those northern storm fronts that winter delivers. Miss that water, SoCal is slightly colder and murkier o_O

I find Stetson 5X hats from time to time, but they sure aren’t anything like yours! Who knew the felt quality was lower in the 1980s? :)
I’d love to find one myself someday, but until then I appreciate you sharing yours with us.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner