Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today ?

That’s a great one Joe. The felt looks like it feels fantastic.
Thanks Alan. It is a wool felt. It is real thin and takes a razor sharp crease. But the hand is a bit rougher than you would have on a fine fur felt. I guess much like the new fur felts in general don’t hold a candle to the older fur felts.... same I’d true of some of the old wool felts. I think Brent said not all wool is created equally

DaveProc

I'll Lock Up
Thanks Dave. It makes for a good vaping experience. Ha ha. The hat was made my a different maker than the robe, but I think they are the same age. And the robe dates to before WWI.

Michael
Very cool! I would love a similar smoking ensemble. At my size, vintage is like finding a unicorn, and newly made would be a bit steep.
I am so jealous :)

DaveProc

I'll Lock Up
Peachy keen Royal Deluxe OR this morning
IMG_6592 crop by Michael A2012, on Flickr
IMG_6591 by Michael A2012, on Flickr
IMG_6593 crop by Michael A2012, on Flickr
Seems like it might be a good day to look into the overcoat collection.
10-21-2020 Today's Clothes by Michael A2012, on Flickr
Have a good Wednesday,
Michael
I have an event this weekend and was just wondering how my similar Barton or Champ OR clones would pare with my gray tweed suit. Apparently peachy keen !!!

The Shoe

One Too Many
Thought so, just wanted to make sure. I've so wanted to check out their hats. I'm a 40 minute train raid from Copenhagen. Hornskov is on my xmas list now, too.
You’ll want to hurry. We should get ours by Christmas, but we we’re cutting it pretty fine. You obviously have the advantage of being closer, but I’d suggest you should get on to it.

The Shoe

One Too Many
I’ve been thinking about wearing hats to work. I’m worried about the kids (private primary school teacher) getting all excited and grabby. Anyway, today I demonstrated a “my treasure” show and tell activity I want the kids to do in English. My treasure clearly had to be a hat (it could have been a barbecue, but, you know...logistics!) so I took my vintage Stetson. Wow! What a response - from both the kids and the other teachers. And not too grabby, so I might wear some of my others, too. I’ll save this one for going out, though.
21859CF5-FCB4-4864-9035-81E21A21C42B.jpeg

I’ve been thinking about wearing hats to work. I’m worried about the kids (private primary school teacher) getting all excited and grabby. Anyway, today I demonstrated a “my treasure” show and tell activity I want the kids to do in English. My treasure clearly had to be a hat (it could have been a barbecue, but, you know...logistics!) so I took my vintage Stetson. Wow! What a response - from both the kids and the other teachers. And not too grabby, so I might wear some of my others, too. I’ll save this one for going out, though.
View attachment 272706
What fun

Michael A

I'll Lock Up
I have an event this weekend and was just wondering how my similar Barton or Champ OR clones would pare with my gray tweed suit. Apparently peachy keen !!!
I thought it worked okay, hopefully it will for you as well.

As usual, a day late and several dollars short
Royal Stetson Whippet on a damp morning
IMG_6631 crop by Michael A2012, on Flickr
IMG_6630 crop by Michael A2012, on Flickr
IMG_6629 crop by Michael A2012, on Flickr
IMG_6615 crop by Michael A2012, on Flickr
With some Harris Tweed and Army surplus.
10-22-2020 Today's Clothes by Michael A2012, on Flickr
It's supposed to be near 80 this afternoon, and 40 tomorrow.
Have a good day,
Michael

Steve this Tonak is an excellent hat in proportions and the color of the felt and ribbon are really beautiful even if I do not like so much the back bow, but this is nothing compare to the rest ;)
Daniele, Thank you! I have a handful of Back Bows but most are black and made of wool. I have made some inquires regarding the significance (just fashion?) of the Back Bow but haven't found anything. Also fantastic looking German Mohair! Great color and finish!

Today the anti Covid rules are tightened, so there will be a little more masking
View attachment 272038
For my walk to my office I chose a French hat from the 1930s
View attachment 272039
Thibet size 59 in blue color. Felt is a blend of wool and fur. It is very firm and even foldable without steam
View attachment 272040
Without lining, it has only a small sticker from the headwear of A. Meer from Strasbourg. The dimensions are impressive and very good for a suit with jacket and coat.
View attachment 272041
Thanks for the likes of the last week!
Have a nice day
O wow, Daniele. That is some kind special blue colour!

Outstanding lineup, Stefan! I don't think I could choose if I had to.
Thank you, Jeff. Good thing you don't have to. You have an election coming up there, so you know:
Choose-Wisely.jpg

This morning I chose to wear a 1930's Kennsington fedora.

18E9E4DA-FBED-4E1F-A5F6-C071E52C84A6-M.jpg

This is a fine example of details matter. The frayed bow and the gorgeous liner are examples of the care that went into men's hats by this Canadian manufacturer.

DSC03255-M.jpg

DSC03253-M.jpg

DSC03256-M.jpg

Yes the ribbon and crown need some steam. I have quite a few hats lined up ready for steam this morning.

DSC03232-M.jpg

Cheers this morning. Be safe, be strong and see you on the streets post pandemic, Eric -
A glimpse of what must be one of the finest collections we see examples of every day. Must be satisfying handling them in turn for their steambath. Wonderful Kensington, Eric.

Wormser 10 Star on a morning that still has snow on the ground
IMG_6565 by Michael A2012, on Flickr
IMG_6566 by Michael A2012, on Flickr
IMG_6568 crop by Michael A2012, on Flickr
IMG_6550 crop by Michael A2012, on Flickr
10-20-2020 Today's Clothes by Michael A2012, on Flickr
Have a good Tuesday,
Michael
Very nice, Michael. Wormser made such good looking hats.

View attachment 272137 View attachment 272138 Sunbathing in Juan Carlos' porch. MacLachlan Golden Beaver Hundred. It turned out to be almost my size. Just wearing it for an hour has made it adapt to my head a little. A week on a custom band block should do it.
It is very dirty, though, so I am going to give it a naphta bath and condition the sweatband with Lexol today, and will post pics this afternoon.
I have an immaculate identical liner from another MacLachlan, so I will ask Ignacio to transplant later.
I am keeping my fingers crossed. View attachment 272130 View attachment 272131 View attachment 272132 View attachment 272133 View attachment 272134 View attachment 272135 View attachment 272136
So not a size 7 in the end? That's going to be a disappointing X-mas! But there's still time, Max:)
Curious to see it once it's nursed back to full glory.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Zonko