Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today ?

Daniele Tanto

I'll Lock Up
This is a photo of yesterday, today it was raining and it still rains
CH Dattero 2.jpg

The last of the hats bought a few weeks ago on my head, some a little bit tight to be wear and one is going on the other side of the world:)
CH Dattero 3.jpg

A Borsalino made up by Charles Hatters, High Quality, size 60. The color is "Dattero" (date) and the finish of felt is defined as "Greggio" (raw)
CH Dattero 5.jpg
Felt is firm enough for an Italian hat, but this was the "marketing shot" to make it look English. Felt is rough and thick in texture
CH Dattero 9.jpg

Thanks for your appreciation of these days
My compliments to everyone for the fantastic hats seen here during this week

Knox Twenty on a nippy and damp morning
IMG_6661 by Michael A2012, on Flickr
IMG_6658 crop by Michael A2012, on Flickr
IMG_6657 crop by Michael A2012, on Flickr
IMG_6656 crop by Michael A2012, on Flickr
10-23-2020 Today's Clothes by Michael A2012, on Flickr
Had to pull out an overcoat for the first time of the season.
10-23-2020 Today's Clothes Overcoat Edition by Michael A2012, on Flickr
Have a good Friday,
Michael

Sharp outfit all around, Michael. The Knox is great, but I particularly like how you have the brim shaped. More up than down, but not all the way up...a bit Alan-esque. I’m going to have to try that.

Michael A

I'll Lock Up
This is a photo of yesterday, today it was raining and it still rains
View attachment 273176
The last of the hats bought a few weeks ago on my head, some a little bit tight to be wear and one is going on the other side of the world:)
View attachment 273177
A Borsalino made up by Charles Hatters, High Quality, size 60. The color is "Dattero" (date) and the finish of felt is defined as "Greggio" (raw)
View attachment 273178
Felt is firm enough for an Italian hat, but this was the "marketing shot" to make it look English. Felt is rough and thick in texture
View attachment 273179
Thanks for your appreciation of these days
My compliments to everyone for the fantastic hats seen here during this week
Fabulous hat Daniele. Somebody got lucky when it was too small for you.

Sharp outfit all around, Michael. The Knox is great, but I particularly like how you have the brim shaped. More up than down, but not all the way up...a bit Alan-esque. I’m going to have to try that.
Thanks Brent. IIRC this one came to me a couple of sizes large, missing the liner and with a detaching sweatband. I hit it with a lot of hot water and steam and put it on the block. It came out just the right size. Then I set it in my flange and this is more or less just how it came off of that. I'm sort of coming around to thinking this might be my favorite sort of flanging. Hurricane Jack provided the like new liner and I sewed the sweat back up and into the hat. I"m happy.

Thanks,
Michael

Stefan and Dave’s hats were giving me the blues.... had to do something about it.

Blue Dobbs Twenty from @jlee562

9DB726A7-C05B-4DD9-B9D1-4C028D0A842D.jpeg
383BC993-12B4-4CDC-A856-F8A75B2D253A.jpeg

618186E9-0877-4A7C-B761-1C7D7BA6B9E7.jpeg

There is blind stitching on the brim. I had originally thought it was decorative stitching on the guild edge. Which was something I had not seen before. Someone in another forum made a suggestion that the original Cavanagh edge had been trimmed. And then the hatter who did the modification had used to blind stitching to emulate a Cavanagh edge as best he could. If that is the case it is masterful work. This theory does make sense considering the short brim on a probably 1950s hat. ( based on manufacturing tag). Any thoughts on this.

I apologize if I am using the term blind stitching incorrectly. What I am referring is tiny stitches on the welt that do not go through the underside of the brim.

D1ECA4A0-894D-494E-A222-D0E17B3C88EA.jpeg

Michael A

I'll Lock Up
Thanks Joe.

Stefan and Dave’s hats were giving me the blues.... had to do something about it.

Blue Dobbs Twenty from @jlee562

View attachment 273325 View attachment 273326

View attachment 273327

There is blind stitching on the brim. I had originally thought it was decorative stitching on the guild edge. Which was something I had not seen before. Someone in another forum made a suggestion that the original Cavanagh edge had been trimmed. And then the hatter who did the modification had used to blind stitching to emulate a Cavanagh edge as best he could. If that is the case it is masterful work. This theory does make sense considering the short brim on a probably 1950s hat. ( based on manufacturing tag). Any thoughts on this.

I apologize if I am using the term blind stitching incorrectly. What I am referring is tiny stitches on the welt that do not go through the underside of the brim.

View attachment 273328
Nice looking hat, Joe. YOur theory sounds good.

Goodevening. Excellent Quality Stetson Noble in True Blue this Friday.
View attachment 273333
View attachment 273339
I am very pleased with this hat. I had forgotten how malleable and rich the felt feels for a modern production fedora. The hat is sturdy and comfortable. Stetson did a pretty good job with this one.
View attachment 273340
View attachment 273341
Excellent hat and suit today, Reggie. A very nice modern Stetson, indeed.

Michael

Goodevening. Excellent Quality Stetson Noble in True Blue this Friday.
View attachment 273333
View attachment 273339
I am very pleased with this hat. I had forgotten how malleable and rich the felt feels for a modern production fedora. The hat is sturdy and comfortable. Stetson did a pretty good job with this one.
View attachment 273340
View attachment 273341

Excellent is says and Excellent it is! Stetson can still make a great hat when they try. Love the plaid too, Reggie.

Dlaniger

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Thanks Joe.

Nice looking hat, Joe. YOur theory sounds good.

Excellent hat and suit today, Reggie. A very nice modern Stetson, indeed.

Michael
Thanks, Michael.
And looking at my photos I saw I forgot to post yesterday’s Taupe Fawn CD:

View attachment 273370 View attachment 273371 View attachment 273372
Cool. I like the cattleman’s crease on the CDs. Never thought of them with that shape, but they are OR style hats, so why not? Your giving me ideas. I remember Bob popped a telescope block in his CD.
Thanks

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner