Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today ?

Some more super Italian hats with some great liners, Stefan. If I were a dog person I'd get one like on the Alessandria to guard my collection :)
Thanks, Steve.
Finally had a bit of light today, so was able to take photos. I chose to wear this Joseph E. Ward (one of the many great Manchester hatmakers) Homburg. Thought it befitted a semi-grey November day. View attachment 280815 View attachment 280816
Now that is a homburg of substance, Steve.

50s Morreton Velourex. Slight imperfection on the felt of this one, but got it for very cheap, reliable errands hat.

View attachment 280860 View attachment 280861
Looking good, Wayne. Tough to find the good Morreton hats.

Stefan, Thank you! Another fantastic Italian series from you! All 3 are great.
Couple hats today...

New arrival Champ Kashmir Finish with 1950s Back Bow and Pork Pie-esquire telescope crown.

View attachment 281011 View attachment 281012 View attachment 281014 View attachment 281013 View attachment 281015

more details in Post New Hats...

and...Back in Black
Miller Western Hats
Open Road inspired
View attachment 281016 View attachment 281017 View attachment 281018 View attachment 281019
Very nice, Joe. We need more love for black hats here.

View attachment 281032
Carlson homburg today, but it’s going to have to change to a heavier hat, probably a bowler, because the strong winds already nearly blew it off my head once.
That is a beautiful homburg. Jeff.

After months of sitting, I finally finished this conversion project. All I lacked was sewing on the brim binding and I finally got it done. This hat was originally a size 7 '50s era 3X Stetson Western with the Last Drop embroidered liner that I was able to reuse. Aside from showing its age a little the felt was solid and definitely worth saving. I have more in the Conversion Corral...

3-X-Last-Drop-Conversion-9-A.jpg

Before:
Thin-Ribbon-3-X-Stetson-10.jpg

Thin-Ribbon-3-X-Stetson-11.jpg

Hand sewing a brim binding can be a real pain in the a$$ and it does a number on my back after having to sit too long.
3-X-Last-Drop-Conversion-13-A.jpg

After: notice the fading on the hat. It has a nice 'well worn' look with plenty of character but with a nice crisp profile.
3-X-Last-Drop-Conversion-1-A.jpg

3-X-Last-Drop-Conversion-3-A.jpg

3-X-Last-Drop-Conversion-5-A.jpg

3-X-Last-Drop-Conversion-4-A.jpg

3-X-Last-Drop-Conversion-8-A.jpg

Embroidered Last Drop Liner
Thin-Ribbon-3-X-Stetson-9-A.jpg

Back in the hat with the original sweat bow also reused
Thin-Ribbon-3-X-Stetson-7-A.jpg
Excellent work as usual, Terry.
Wow, that is a mouth-watering hat, Wayne.

Steve1857

I'll Lock Up
Fantastic re-work and one super colour, Randall.

View attachment 281836 50s “Butternut” Strat.
One that I took completely apart this week for a reblock, reflange and rebuild, but able to resew on all the original components.
It’s been re-Strated.
A world of difference in the shape and profile, which is mostly what I was after. Lots of work, but I’m very happy with the results.
2 3/4 brim, 5 5/8 open crown. Fits comfortably. Worth all the trouble. View attachment 281835 View attachment 281832 View attachment 281833 View attachment 281834 View attachment 281831

Late to the table today. Spent the day working on setting up my new "He-Shed" my wife let me build. Well, actually, I had it constructed by our fence contractor, but it was an indulgence. For a run to Home Depot I dressed down into work clothes with my beater Stephen L. Stetson stingy. Love the feel of this hat, so casual, bullet proof and an interesting story. Original Carter sweat band, great liner tip logo and ribbon replacement by Mike Miller a couple of years ago. It has been posted in the beater thread a while back. Need a new beater...

View attachment 281128 View attachment 281129 View attachment 281130 View attachment 281131 View attachment 281132
Congrats on the he-shed, Mike. It's not the size of the bat-cave (yet) but it's always good to get a foothold;)

Very nice, Perry.
Sometimes a good hat can jumpstart a challenging day... one of the nice things about this thread. Keep on truckin' friends.

111720_1.jpg

111720_2.jpg

111720_3.jpg

111720_4.jpg

111720_5.jpg

111720_6.jpg
Still can't see the pics, but knowing your collection I can rest assured it's a good one.
Nice find, Joe.
Getes, Georg Teufel & Sohn, Tuttlingen, "Antilope" possibly late 1950s and a recent arrival.

50614972846_17ede5464a_b.jpg

50614967776_0202f0937f_b.jpg

50614232193_278d852532_b.jpg

50614981311_7e0523c3ce_b.jpg
Beautiful, Steve. Really like the colour of it.

The special colors of autumn continue, even if by now many leaves have fallen.
Today, a sunny day with "special" temperatures for the period, I experience it wearing a Panizza.
View attachment 281426
Panizza Special size 59 cm. or 7 3/8 US arrived new from Merano, M. Hutter headwear.
View attachment 281427
The felt is named "Cognac" and is very malleable and of medium fine texture, with a ribbon of the same color with a slight tendency to shimmer.
View attachment 281428
We are always in the variety of colors of this special period.
View attachment 281429
This is one of my "special" hat I like more than others
View attachment 281432
Tomorrow is expected to drop the temperature sharply, but these days of sunshine and pleasant temperatures was an off-season treat.
Congratulations to all the loungers for their awesome hats showed in the last days :)
Well, there's a lot to like about that Panizza.

Marathon today.
IMG_7473 crop by Michael A2012, on Flickr
IMG_7474 crop by Michael A2012, on Flickr
IMG_7475 crop by Michael A2012, on Flickr
11-18-2020 Today's Clothes by Michael A2012, on Flickr
Have a good day,
Michael
The marathon looks as good as always, Michael. Great outfit.

Borsolino Aristocrat this morning.

Ooops Brain Fart: Barbisio Aristocrat...not Borsalino...

View attachment 281673
It's nobility either way. Great hat!

What is it; Borsalino Thursday?!?
Fine!! Posting from the BJ’s parking lot, from our pal in Verona, @Daniele Tanto a beautiful Borsa TAR today. View attachment 281689 View attachment 281690 View attachment 281691 View attachment 281692 View attachment 281693 View attachment 281694
Be well, all!
The more loungers joining in on the Italian week the better. Great hat, Charlie.

View attachment 281729 View attachment 281730 Double Borsalino Thursday.
Got both of these today for $50 shipped.
Be posting in the eBay victories for sure!
The brown one makes my 3rd Salvatore Balbi. Exceptional lids, all. View attachment 281731 View attachment 281732
At that price I'd buy them all day long. Wonderful hats, Randall.

I was thinking of joining some of you guys with a Borsalino... But my midnight blue Dunderry was calling my name today

View attachment 281790 View attachment 281791 View attachment 281792 View attachment 281793
Not a hat you'd want to ignore if it's calling you.

This morning there was a thick and leaden fog, around 11A.M. it thinned out and the sun came out.
View attachment 281794
I took the opportunity to wear a Borsalino in the color of the sky and fog together
View attachment 281795
Borsalino Qualità Extra Superiore in soft felt, "Sebino" color with ribbon matching the felt color. Size is 59 cm. or 7 3/8 US
View attachment 281796 The type of hat is not indicated as it is a Borsalino of about forty years ago.
The sunset was spectacular here in the hills, less in painura where the sand began to settle before sunset
View attachment 281797
Thanks for your likes.
Congratulations on your aluni hats which I would like in my size.
Which? Assumptions are accepted :)
Very nice, Daniele. I don't think we've seen the "sebino" colour before.

View attachment 281836 50s “Butternut” Strat.
One that I took completely apart this week for a reblock, reflange and rebuild, but able to resew on all the original components.
It’s been re-Strated.
A world of difference in the shape and profile, which is mostly what I was after. Lots of work, but I’m very happy with the results.
2 3/4 brim, 5 5/8 open crown. Fits comfortably. Worth all the trouble. View attachment 281835 View attachment 281832 View attachment 281833 View attachment 281834 View attachment 281831
Excellent work, Randall. Cool colour.

Daniele Tanto

I'll Lock Up
Days that start gray and then open with sunshine.
The temperature has dropped and tonight we will reach zero Celsius. Tomorrow there will certainly be the sun.
Fosco Borsa 4.jpg

For the last of the autumn colors I chose this Borsalino
Fosco Borsa 9 bis.jpg
Borsalino Qualità Extra Superiore, size 59 cm or 7 3/8 US slightly narrow. The felt is very nice and I really like the "Fosco" color as well as the ribbon in perfect pair.
Fosco Borsa 7.jpg
The shape and proportions make this Borsalino a perfect clone of hats made in this way fifty years earlier
Fosco Borsa 3.jpg

It is not as old as it seems and it is Borsalino's perfect ability to mix cards with shapes and finishes that range over time
Fosco Borsa 7 bisjpg.jpg
Thank you very much for your likes, which I reciprocate.
Have a good Friday

TheOldFashioned

Call Me a Cab
It suits you Jonathan.

Thanks, Joe! Your man in black the other day was a great look for you.

Looks great Jonathan. I'm currently on the hunt for a similar vintage beret.

Thanks, Rick! With your effortless, cool style I have no doubt you'll be rocking a beret by the Bay soon enough.

View attachment 281729 View attachment 281730 Double Borsalino Thursday.
Got both of these today for $50 shipped.
Be posting in the eBay victories for sure!
The brown one makes my 3rd Salvatore Balbi. Exceptional lids, all. View attachment 281731 View attachment 281732

Saw them but let them pass. Glad you scored that deal, Randall!

Bone Lord's Hat to have my jaw bone checked out this morning. Dental Surgeon said the hole in my head was normal. In a couple of months they will put in the stud to anchor a new molar... Kind of sucks in general really. As a treat, I traveled to my haberdasher, Oscar Hult's new location in Albany. The Natty Dresser moved to a historic building downtown that is appointed most beautifully. A palate cleansing for sure. Cashmere overcoat to brace against the morning freezing temperatures.

20Nov20 Cashmere Bone Lords Hat with Oscar 600x.jpg
20Jan19 Bone Lords Hat and new tie 450x.jpg

Randall Renshaw

Call Me a Cab
Thanks, Joe! Your man in black the other day was a great look for you.

Thanks, Rick! With your effortless, cool style I have no doubt you'll be rocking a beret by the Bay soon enough.

Saw them but let them pass. Glad you scored that deal, Randall!

The shipping costs were high for both these hats, but as it turned out, the used store that listed them offered free shipping if the buyer pays more than $50 with them. At $24.99 each I went ahead and bought a 99 cent pair of pliers they had for sale!

All three are spectacular Stefan! Do love me sum blueberry through...
Thanks, Mike. They are hard to beat.
Bone Lord's Hat to have my jaw bone checked out this morning. Dental Surgeon said the hole in my head was normal. In a couple of months they will put in the stud to anchor a new molar... Kind of sucks in general really. As a treat, I traveled to my haberdasher, Oscar Hult's new location in Albany. The Natty Dresser moved to a historic building downtown that is appointed most beautifully. A palate cleansing for sure. Cashmere overcoat to brace against the morning freezing temperatures.

View attachment 282059 View attachment 282060
You deserve a treat now and again. The bone-lord shines!

Randall Renshaw

Call Me a Cab

TheOldFashioned

Call Me a Cab
The shipping costs were high for both these hats, but as it turned out, the used store that listed them offered free shipping if the buyer pays more than $50 with them. At $24.99 each I went ahead and bought a 99 cent pair of pliers they had for sale!

I looked through the pins/buttons for several minutes then said the heck with it. I should have filtered starting with lowest $ item first because those pliers were cheaper than the buttons.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner