Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today ?

DaveProc

I'll Lock Up
Yesterday no hat due to darkness, today I chose this Borsalino for a gray and slightly rainy day.
View attachment 288729
I really like the color which is "Mirtillo", one of my favorites in the immense range of colors used by Borsalino over the years.
View attachment 288730
The hat was made relatively recently, probably in the 1990s.
View attachment 288731
It arrived new along with four others on a hot day two summers ago.
View attachment 288732
Borsalino Qualità Superiore, size 59 US 7 3/8 branded on the lining for the German market, but luckily it remained in Italy.
View attachment 288733
Many thanks for the likes of yesterday, the day in which without a hat, I showed you the Verona field.
Congratulations to all of you for the variety of excellent hats shown in these days.
Good Saturday.
Excellent hat! Every time my cousins go back to Italy, I ask them to bring me back a Borsalino. I am still waiting :)

Dlaniger

My Mail is Forwarded Here
View attachment 288528
The photo is from yesterday while, waiting for the rain to stop, I dedicated myself to dusting and rediscovering some forgotten hats among the many that keep me company in my office.
View attachment 288529
I made some very bad pictures for a formerly advertising photographer for more than forty years:(
View attachment 288530
This is my office with the hats containers: two wardrobes and a series of vintage boxes and very trivial boxes.
View attachment 288531
As you can see, I also have a series of window displays that keep company with a plaster statue of Ettore Colla, an Italian futurist sculptor and a painting from the Roman school of the 1600s. It is the martyrdom of Saint Catherine of Alexandria plus the facsimile of the Borsalino awards:rolleyes:
View attachment 288532
The studio is much neater when hat season is in sleep, we are now in full swing
View attachment 288533
Now it is dark to photograph the hat of the day so thank you for your likes and good day to all
View attachment 288534
What a nice way to pass the time on a rainy day playing with one's hats. Thanks for sharing.

View attachment 288538 Refurbed very late 50s Strat.
Used to belong to my B-I-L’s Granddad.
Twas in dire shape.
Alas, I had to use a wider ribbon, but it looks nice and at least saved from never worn by most anyone status. View attachment 288536 View attachment 288537
You saved that one! Looks fantastic.

Short Balding Guy

I'll Lock Up
Good morning. A longhair Royal DeLuxe was my choice for a dog soirée.

168A733A-3A13-4A7C-AC99-6101514DFB08-M.jpg

Oops, to my chagrin I discovered I was out of half and half for my morning coffee. My luxury of morning coffee and to ward off ulcer problems I headed out to the local fuel station/store. Home with my half and half in hand I poured a cup of coffee to discover that the dairy product was going bad - chunks. I did what you folks would do, strained the half and half and am using the "good stuff" for my morning coffee.

A Borsolino was my hat for the morning. I do need to steam the hat ribbon as I discovered a ribbon wrinkle on the right side. Duh! I did not notice this until I took the hat off shortly ago.

259505A8-1902-4C61-AC82-124ACD0C09BC-M.jpg

With my lack of good fortune I believe I will put off using the chainsaw until tomorrow.

Cheers, Eric -

Dlaniger

My Mail is Forwarded Here

Oops, to my chagrin I discovered I was out of half and half for my morning coffee. My luxury of morning coffee and to ward off ulcer problems I headed out to the local fuel station/store. Home with my half and half in hand I poured a cup of coffee to discover that the dairy product was going bad - chunks. I did what you folks would do, strained the half and half and am using the "good stuff" for my morning coffee.

A Borsolino was my hat for the morning. I do need to steam the hat ribbon as I discovered a ribbon wrinkle on the right side. Duh! I did not notice this until I took the hat off shortly ago.

With my lack of good fortune I believe I will put off using the chainsaw until tomorrow.

Cheers, Eric -
O

LOL, Yes, leave the chainsaw alone! I love the longhair Royal DeLuxe. What a wonderful hat, and that high crown wide ribbon Borsalino is a pretty sharp fedora too.

Michael A

I'll Lock Up

Rmccamey

I'll Lock Up
Bundle up, Michael. I'd like to put in an order for a "2-days only" snow :)

Seems we had a spot of snow overnight.
IMG_8150 by Michael A2012, on Flickr
Still coming down, actually, and this Beaver Hats long hair is doing an effective job of collecting it.
IMG_8171 crop by Michael A2012, on Flickr
10X is on the sweatband, though fading
IMG_8172 crop by Michael A2012, on Flickr
IMG_8173 crop by Michael A2012, on Flickr
A little shoveling will be on the agenda
12-12-2020 Today's Clothes by Michael A2012, on Flickr
Have a good Saturday,
Michael

Michael A

I'll Lock Up
Bundle up, Michael. I'd like to put in an order for a "2-days only" snow :)
I've got the winter clothes on today, Randy. I would like a two day snow, as well. Unfortunately the forecast says we are heading colder so this one won't melt off. Needs to be shoveled off before it settles into ice. I guess I need the exercise anyway as is seems a poor day for a bike ride. And I haven't put my studded snow tires on the bike yet.

Michael

Still coming down, actually, and this Beaver Hats long hair is doing an effective job of collecting it.
Have a good Saturday,
Michael
Great photos Michael

An old favorite...
Royal Coachman by Dobbs with guild edge
The brim might be shorter at about 2 inches but there is nothing stingy about a Cavanagh edge in my humble opinion :)

View attachment 288632 View attachment 288633 View attachment 288635 View attachment 288636 View attachment 288637 View attachment 288634
These 2" brim late 1950s hats are just on the "edge of stingy" IMHO. I have a couple of this style (maybe I'll wear one today...) The still "read" (a theater term) as a true fedora. This Dobbs is a class act, very nice!

Always classy Reggie. Love the pairing with that coat and scarf. Nice lines on this Stetson.

Haven’t been on here a lot lately. Here is my 2003 Akubra Snowy River.
View attachment 288686
View attachment 288687
Still love this hat.
Johnny
Good to see you Johnny, I'm kind of a ghost around the lounge myself. The hat band on this Aussie really sets it off. Merry Christmas to you and yours.

Stetson One Hundred Shady Oak Bankers Special.
I think the "One Hundred" is just a name. The felt isn't as good as a Stetson One Hundred's, or as any other One Hundred I own. View attachment 288707 View attachment 288708 View attachment 288709 View attachment 288710 View attachment 288711 View attachment 288712 View attachment 288713
The real "show" of this one is the innards. Love that liner image, the Alamo? Looks smooth as a baby's patootie!

Yesterday no hat due to darkness, today I chose this Borsalino for a gray and slightly rainy day.
View attachment 288729
I really like the color which is "Mirtillo", one of my favorites in the immense range of colors used by Borsalino over the years.
View attachment 288730
The hat was made relatively recently, probably in the 1990s.
View attachment 288731
It arrived new along with four others on a hot day two summers ago.
View attachment 288732
Borsalino Qualità Superiore, size 59 US 7 3/8 branded on the lining for the German market, but luckily it remained in Italy.
View attachment 288733
Many thanks for the likes of yesterday, the day in which without a hat, I showed you the Verona field.
Congratulations to all of you for the variety of excellent hats shown in these days.
Good Saturday.
Good day to you sir! Mirtillo is my all time favorite color of a Borsalino. This one is special.

Good morning everyone.
I wore my Buckaroo crossover hat yesterday. I also decided to put the feather back in it, to mix things up a bit.

View attachment 288747 View attachment 288748 View attachment 288749 View attachment 288750
Love the style of this one Jeff. Sometimes you need a feather to boost your mood and image, I approve!

Cheers, Eric -
Yum! Coffee you can chew! Love that longhair a whole bunch.

Have a good Saturday,
Michael
Winter wonderland hat for sure Michael. They are forecasting freezing rain for us tomorrow morning. Maybe some hot chocolate with peppermint schnapps will be in order tomorrow.

Short Balding Guy

I'll Lock Up
I can not do it - no more coffee today. I still taste and smell the spoiled half and half. Yuck. I have switched to a Surley Delicious IPA beer for my morning beverage. I am grilling some sausage to add to pasta carbonara for breakfast. This should be a good pairing. Breakfast food? Out by the grill in a vintage powder blue Stetson Whippet. The felt color is very unique and I thought I might share some comparison shots of the Whippet and a felt color match in a Stetson Bantam.

DSC04589-M.jpg

For those who do not approve of beer pics for breakfast here is another one.

DSC04587-M.jpg

DSC04591-M.jpg

DSC04595-M.jpg

Enjoy your breakfasts everyone.

Best, Eric -

Short Balding Guy

I'll Lock Up
Have a good Saturday,
Michael

Looks fun. I do enjoy a good snowfall. Michael enjoy some snow adventures.

Crazy weather this year. We have no snow on the ground. December in Minnesota and no snow!

These 2" brim late 1950s hats are just on the "edge of stingy" IMHO. I have a couple of this style (maybe I'll wear one today...) The still "read" (a theater term) as a true fedora. This Dobbs is a class act, very nice!

Yes.. allows them to be a bit of a chameleon and play in both realms... stingy and not. (Some may not agree) Thank you Mike.

Off to do prep work for Stingy Week! We will reign StingeMas over the lounge.
C6E334D2-6AB7-4BEE-889F-FAC9AD403AD6.gif

Randall Renshaw

Call Me a Cab
Yes.. allows them to be a bit of a chameleon and play in both realms... stingy and not. (Some may not agree) Thank you Mike.

Off to do prep work for Stingy Week! We will reign StingeMas over the lounge.
View attachment 288816
Hahaha! That’s funny, Joe!

However, The Grinch may’ve been a bad mascot choice for your campaign.
Direct quote from the Grinch book:
“And what happened, then? Well, in Whoville they say – that the Grinch's small hat grew three sizes that day. And then – the true meaning of Fedoras came through, and the Grinch found the strength of one inch brims of ten Grinches, plus two.”

Well, I may have tweaked the quote just a bit.
:)

Hahaha! That’s funny, Joe!

However, The Grinch may’ve been a bad mascot choice for your campaign.
Direct quote from the Grinch book:
“And what happened, then? Well, in Whoville they say – that the Grinch's small hat grew three sizes that day. And then – the true meaning of Fedoras came through, and the Grinch found the strength of one inch brims of ten Grinches, plus two.”

Well, I may have tweaked the quote just a bit.
:)
Shhh. SPOILER ALERT!! You’re jumping to the end of the story!!! LOL

Daniele Tanto

I'll Lock Up
Great to see you in your natural habitat, Daniele... happy holidays to you and your family.
Thanks Alan! Have sweet days with your grandson and family.
We will try to live this time well despite the social distancing that will be the theme of these days

Daniele, that is a luxuriously sharp looking hat! I bet the hand is exquisite. Enjoy!
Thanks uomo dell'oboe. I see with great satisfaction your pre concert moments and your exquisite hats along with reeds

Excellent hat! Every time my cousins go back to Italy, I ask them to bring me back a Borsalino. I am still waiting
Signor Procaccini, grazie. Your cousins is a little bit forgetful, but despite this your hats are top notch. However, I am in Italy and some Borsalinos pass through my hands;)

What a nice way to pass the time on a rainy day playing with one's hats. Thanks for sharing.
Reggie grazie. It is a way to talk about something other than hats, especially in this difficult period

Good day to you sir! Mirtillo is my all time favorite color of a Borsalino. This one is special.
Grazie Michael! One day I will make a list of my favorite colors of Italian hats.
Congratulations on your hats and above all keep healthy

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DPR