Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today ?

Michael A

I'll Lock Up
Great photos Michael
Thanks Joe. Always fun to take pictures in/of the snow.

Winter wonderland hat for sure Michael. They are forecasting freezing rain for us tomorrow morning. Maybe some hot chocolate with peppermint schnapps will be in order tomorrow.
Yes, that one likes the snow. I'm pretty sure it's not the first time it's been out shoveling. Ha ha. I generally prefer snow to freezing rain. But when my neighbor ended up at the bottom of my hill because the snow turned to ice under the wheels I have to think the rain would be better. Don't have to shovel it at least. Guess I'll be staying home today, unless the plow happens to show up.

Looks fun. I do enjoy a good snowfall. Michael enjoy some snow adventures.

Crazy weather this year. We have no snow on the ground. December in Minnesota and no snow!
It's pretty for sure. Those powder blue hats you showed today would have gone well with it. No snow in Mn in Dec is a rare case. I seem to recall one year when I was living there that we had about 25" by mid November. But then I remember another year when I was living on Silver Lake that we didn't have a frost until Nov. 29.

Thanks all,
Michael

Some truly magnificent hats you've all posted this week. Sorry I can't comment on them separately. Just haven't got the time this week. Italian week however is still going strong despite the weather's best efforts to keep me completely in the dark. Some small spots of sun though I made use of.
Part I.

Borsalino Mula 40 1/2 in Amiata
IMG_2830.jpg
borsalino homburg amiata_06.jpg

Borsalino made for Berteil (no label inside the hat)
IMG_2831.jpg
berteil_06.jpg

Borsalino Thirty Ta/Ludora in Sfinge (seen here on archive footage, the actual picture was too washed out)

IMG_2078.jpg
borsalino sfinge_01.jpg

Randall Renshaw

Call Me a Cab
Some truly magnificent hats you've all posted this week. Sorry I can't comment on them separately. Just haven't got the time this week. Italian week however is still going strong despite the weather's best efforts to keep me completely in the dark. Some small spots of sun though I made use of.
Part I.

View attachment 288865 View attachment 288870

View attachment 288866 View attachment 288872

Borsalino Thirty Ta/Ludora in Sfinge (seen here on archive footage, the actual picture was too washed out)

View attachment 288868 View attachment 288871

Let me be the first to tell you how grand you look in that 30 and matching coat!!

Michael A

I'll Lock Up
Part I.

Dang, Stefan. That hat, coat, scarf, shirt and tie combo on the Thirty is sublime.

The ribbon on the Mirtillo model is too cool. I don't think I've ever seen it done like that before.

Michael

Let me be the first to tell you how grand you look in that 30 and matching coat!!
Thank you, Randall. They were made for each other it seems. It does call for the right occasion to wear though.
View attachment 288884 My only stingy, Joe, weighing in at
2 3/8 from J.C.
Used to have a bunch of short brims, but after searching far and wide, I lost them along the way. View attachment 288883
Nice Marathon, Randall. 2 3/8 is hardly a stingy in my book. In my book it would be in centimeters though:)
Dang, Stefan. That hat, coat, scarf, shirt and tie combo on the Thirty is sublime.

The ribbon on the Mirtillo model is too cool. I don't think I've ever seen it done like that before.

Michael
Thank you, Michael. I appreciate it. I look to you and the other snappy dressers here for inspiration.
The ribbon on the mirtillo is a custom done by Fleur of Penumbra hats. The hat used to be a ladies hat, but the ribbon was toast.

DaveProc

I'll Lock Up
Thanks Alan! Have sweet days with your grandson and family.
We will try to live this time well despite the social distancing that will be the theme of these days

Thanks uomo dell'oboe. I see with great satisfaction your pre concert moments and your exquisite hats along with reeds

Signor Procaccini, grazie. Your cousins is a little bit forgetful, but despite this your hats are top notch. However, I am in Italy and some Borsalinos pass through my hands;)

Reggie grazie. It is a way to talk about something other than hats, especially in this difficult period

Grazie Michael! One day I will make a list of my favorite colors of Italian hats.
Congratulations on your hats and above all keep healthy

I'm a size 60 ;-)

:)

Daniele Tanto

I'll Lock Up
A longhair Bancroft beaver felt fedora, my guess is sold before stocks crashed in 1929.

121120_1-jpg.288910
Tonight is for us in Verona and its surroundings the evening of Santa Lucia who brings gifts to the children. It is an ancient tradition lived in a few parts of Italy. I hope I still have time to ask for a hat like this as a gift ... it depends on how good or bad you have been during the year :rolleyes:
Complimenti Alan!

bowlerman

I'll Lock Up
Part I.

That Mula is mulah!

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DPR